Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Football Website Traffic Expert Heard From

124»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

As an aside, @DerekJohnson seems awfully angry today.

Why does he hate winning?

You realize Tennessee lost, right? (Sorry, DJ, had to do it)
    Oh shit I forgot about that.

My apologies to @DerekJohnson. That was a painful loss.
    Maybe we all can get along?
    Great, I'll tell Chest that you'll welcome him back
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

HFPod has too much "as we talked about already" and "I know, but can't say" shit. Too much "we can talk about" prefacing, and just too much about Chest and Jimmy, and not enough about the team, the coaches, etc. Lots of dead air and redundancy. I like Chest and Jimmy well enough, but their pod is really lacking of late.

Haven't listened to the pod since they left. Used to really enjoy it. I think losing Roadie was a big hit.
    Agreed. They had it all. Like Bogie and Bacall.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

OK, confession time - I still sometimes listen to the Husky Fan Podcast (but I'm thinking of TSIO the whole time - I swear!). It was how I found this site, and I guess I'm too lazy / nostalgic to hit the "Unsubscribe" button in iTunes. I used to really enjoy it, but when they broke off from this site and @RoadDawg55 left it was never the same.

What's kinda sad is Chest and Jimmy mention this site in every episode I've listened to. If they wanted to cut ties with this board to appease the UW AD, then wouldn't it make sense to make a clean break? If I had to play arm chair psychiatrist, I'm willing to bet they do want to come back, but know that a lot of people (understandably) are still upset.

I have told both of them that they're welcome back.
    They're not welcome back.

We've already decided this.
    You've already shown yourself to be too much of a puss to deal with Chest when he was here. That's why you left, with the excuse that the site was being overrun by Doogs.
    BHAM
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,473

Swaye said:

HFPod has too much "as we talked about already" and "I know, but can't say" shit. Too much "we can talk about" prefacing, and just too much about Chest and Jimmy, and not enough about the team, the coaches, etc. Lots of dead air and redundancy. I like Chest and Jimmy well enough, but their pod is really lacking of late.

Haven't listened to the pod since they left. Used to really enjoy it. I think losing Roadie was a big hit.
    Agreed. They had it all. Like Bogie and Bacall.
    Damn, always had a thing for Bacall. Started for me in the 1990's, thought old movies were gay until she appeared in a bar and I'll BRB, Jo.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

As an aside, @DerekJohnson seems awfully angry today.

Why does he hate winning?

You realize Tennessee lost, right? (Sorry, DJ, had to do it)
    Oh shit I forgot about that.

My apologies to @DerekJohnson. That was a painful loss.
    Maybe we all can get along?
    Great, I'll tell Chest that you'll welcome him back
    Please do.

I already have a welcome basket prepared for him.
    I assume the basket includes lemons.
    And meat
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    We should play this game at the next HH meet and greet