Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oh. My. God.

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
I talked to my dad a little while ago. He's pretty upset at the 8PM kickoff next week and isn't going to the game.

He mentioned that he's seriously considering not ordering his tickets next year.

Now, this is a guy who has only missed two home games since 1957, when he was a freshman at UW.

Wow, just wow.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't know how much good it would do, but that sounds like a situation where he needs to at least write Woodward and tell him. Your dad is not the only guy who has been put in this sort of situation the past 10 years. It's a real problem.
  • I think a lot of the old guard has had enough. Late kick offs, bull shit uniforms, terrible product, Husky Stadium being so commercialized, etc.

I don't blame him for not going to the game. It's a lame opponent plus a late kick off.

I really hope we have a bad turnout that will speak volumes to the administration more than anything.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Unless Sark is fired, I'm dropping the season tix.

These tickets have been in my family for 4 generations. A lotta crisp Saturday mornings with dad stuff over the years.

I'll just light my money on fire instead. At least that would be entertaining to watch.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    You make a fair point, but remember... He's the father of someone whom the athletic department considers to be an enemy. They probably wouldn't give a rat's ass.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

I think a lot of the old guard has had enough. Late kick offs, bull shit uniforms, terrible product, Husky Stadium being so commercialized, etc.

I don't blame him for not going to the game. It's a lame opponent plus a late kick off.

I really hope we have a bad turnout that will speak volumes to the administration more than anything.

It means he would get home somewhere around 2AM-2:30AM. And he's 74 years old now.
  • I think a lot of the old guard has had enough. Late kick offs, bull shit uniforms, terrible product, Husky Stadium being so commercialized, etc.

It means he would get home somewhere around 2AM-2:30AM. And he's 74 years old now.
    That's my point. It's a late start with a lame opponent with a lame team. If this was 1991 perhaps you would tolerate the late starts but this team? Fuck that!

That's my point. It's a late start with a lame opponent with a lame team. If this was 1991 perhaps you would tolerate the late starts but this team? Fuck that!

I asked him, "So if the Huskies were 6-1 and ranked #4 in the country, we're not having this discussion, right dad?"

And he said "Absolutely not."
    Exactly! I think next week the attendance will be rough. A program going nowhere vs a shitty team(Cal) with a late start isn't going to draw well.

I think lack of attendance will play a large role in firing Sark more than these blow outs will.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Nothing to worry about! All the flashing lights in HS will keep everybody awake. This actually could turn out to be a close game. Cal looks bad, but.... well,....
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I hope people don't go. Watch it on TV.

We need to get the message across before the season is over.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    The season's not over?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Nothing to worry about! All the flashing lights in HS will keep everybody awake. This actually could turn out to be a close game. Cal looks bad, but.... well,....

it's going to be a plunger rape, your kidding yourself if u think cal can come into seattle and make it a game. Sark is bad, but he isn't Ty bad
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    DeLarry said:

The season's not over?

TSIO but Sark's season and quest to retain his job is not.
  • I hope people don't go. Watch it on TV.

We need to get the message across before the season is over.

More than the blowouts the only way Sark is fired is if they fear attendance will go the crapper if he is brought back.

With next years weak home schedule I can't see how they can afford to bring Sark back after a 7-5 and especially a 6-6 season.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dhdawg said:

it's going to be a plunger rape, your kidding yourself if u think cal can come into seattle and make it a game. Sark is bad, but he isn't Ty bad
    My guess is it will be a boring 14-17 point win. Sankey should tear them up, and our defense will be much better. I still see Sark not being able to blow them out, but we will win rather easily. Cal is really bad.

• Colonel_AngusColonel_Angus Member Posts: 49
    I won't be going to the game and I won't be selling my tickets to some fucking doog. My seats will be empty. I know the administration won't get it but you never know.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I talked to my dad a little while ago. He's pretty upset at the 8PM kickoff next week and isn't going to the game.

He mentioned that he's seriously considering not ordering his tickets next year.

Now, this is a guy who has only missed two home games since 1957, when he was a freshman at UW.

Wow, just wow.

Good for him.

If you order 2014 season tickets, you're a fucking loser who enables this fucking Husky Football loser mentality.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314
    The only thing that will get woodys attention is empty seats, and I'd bet we'd have a closer than expected game if that were the case. Sark's glass jaw is too sensitive to not notice that.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

I think a lot of the old guard has had enough. Late kick offs, bull shit uniforms, terrible product, Husky Stadium being so commercialized, etc.

I asked him, "So if the Huskies were 6-1 and ranked #4 in the country, we're not having this discussion, right dad?"

And he said "Absolutely not."
    Exactly! I think next week the attendance will be rough. A program going nowhere vs a shitty team(Cal) with a late start isn't going to draw well.

I thinklack of attendance will play a large role in firing Sark more than and these blow outs will.
    Both will hasten Sark's discharge. Praying for a Cal miracle win next Saturday night.