Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Podcast Special: Arizona Drive #1 Play by Play

124»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #11

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/MS8Rbmv.gif
    PSALM in a nutshell on this play ... at no point does he make an aggressive attacking move ... he allows himself to be engaged by the RB that is the lead blocker to Dawkins on the roll out ... he doesn't attack the RB block with leverage to keep Dawkins from getting outside and instead is focused on just containing at a distance allowing Dawkins to have all the time in the world to make a play ...

IF instead PSALM attacks the RB block and forces Dawkins from turning back into the field he has Vita, Victor, and King all in great spots to make a play. Instead, by allowing Dawkins to string out the play in particular Victor and King can't aggressively commit to either the run or the pass and leaves them out on an island.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #12

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/OcNNQld.gif
    Unfortunately some of this play got cut off ...

All 3 DTs in on a 4th and 1 here ... Qualls ends up making aggressive inside penetration that opens up a hole to be filled ... PSALM engages at point where he lined up leaving Bierria/Victor vs blocker and ball carrier in the vacated hole ... RB sensing he's in trouble cuts outside and at the same instance PSALM loses contain and gets pushed 2 yards down the field by his blocker ... with all the defenders going to the hole vacated by Qualls and his disruption the loss of contain by PSALM kills the play ... credit to PSALM to shedding the block and having a chance to make a tackle for no gain but since he's PSALM and doesn't know how to do anything other than passive arm tackling, it's an easy tackle for the RB to break and he gets 10 yards (largest play of the series)
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #13

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/o6iQ3na.gif
    This play should look familiar ... another RPO run right at PSALM who again does nothing aggressive and looks absolutely lost on how to play it (getting blocked by TE crossing the formation) ... in his attempt to shed the block he takes an inside technique and loses outside containment.

Watch the path of Victor very closely here ... there's a point where PSALM MUST HAVE outside containment on this play and Victor takes a step into the hole assuming that PSALM does his job ... he then corrects his path after PSALM takes himself out of the play and as a result is 1-2 steps late getting to the sprint out portion of the RPO.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #14

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/i3DNAbX.gif
    If you need to get a couple yards on our defense, the play is to run right at PSALM ...

He immediately engages the blocker and while he does a decent job of standing him up he allows himself to get kicked out on the play (note how high PSALM plays when taking on the block) ... if that isn't enough of a problem, note how PSALM sheds the block again to the wrong side as the RB goes through the hole again essentially taking PSALM out of any portion of the play.

That essentially brings to PSALM's 3rd and most glaring fault is that he lacks any awareness to what is going on around him ... in other games this year there have been instances notably when running twists on a pass rush where he absolutely loses sight of what is going on around him. You could literally have a guy run right by him with the ball and he'd be clueless to it unless it was directly in his line of vision.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #15

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/7tGlFDe.gif
    This is the one play that so far has had debate in this thread ...

I'm not going to bash PSALM that much for trying to play hand down or whatnot ... what I am going to criticize him for is trying to shoot a gap instead of defeating a blocker (again, the crime in these short yardage situations is to allow OL to get to their spots without disruption - it's why you see so many DL in short yardage focus on getting under OL to cut out their legs) ... and because PSALM plays with such poor leverage and technique here he gets pushed BEHIND where Greg Gaines lined up on the play

That last point to me is comical ... the play literally lasted 1 second and PSALM got moved yards in that time frame. That's brutally bad.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #12

All 3 DTs in on a 4th and 1 here ... Qualls ends up making aggressive inside penetration that opens up a hole to be filled ... PSALM engages at point where he lined up leaving Bierria/Victor vs blocker and ball carrier in the vacated hole ... RB sensing he's in trouble cuts outside and at the same instance PSALM loses contain and gets pushed 2 yards down the field by his blocker ... with all the defenders going to the hole vacated by Qualls and his disruption the loss of contain by PSALM kills the play ... credit to PSALM to shedding the block and having a chance to make a tackle for no gain but since he's PSALM and doesn't know how to do anything other than passive arm tackling, it's an easy tackle for the RB to break and he gets 10 yards (largest play of the series)
    It's hard.

Even harder to do yourself.
  • Options

STOP STOP MAKE IT STOP!

I'm done now ... but this entire drive is so bad ... it makes my eyes hurt having to watch how consistently bad PSALM is.

I'm not a film junky like others are and instead just realize how much PSALM sucks in passing ... but when you watch how routinely he fucks up ... #YourTevis needs to pull his head out of his ass soon.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #12

It's hard.

100% agreed ... and I'd definitely fail if I tried to do this myself.

Many thanks for doing this.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #12

It's hard.

So this thread is @GrundleStiltzkin's fault?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SAID NO ONE FUCKING EVER
  • Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #12

It's hard.

That's some twisting ... but he definitely enabled

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #12

It's hard.

Yes.

Friday comes soon for @GrundleStiltzkin
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #12

It's hard.

Yes.

Friday comes soon for @GrundleStiltzkin
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I never bash the kids.

This entire thread is classless, tasteless, and lacks comportment.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Where's the fucking podcast? Don't title the thread podcast if there is no podcast. Getting my hopes all up for nothin. Might as well just post Coke and DDY's sext messages. Fuck do that anyway.