Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO Podcast Special: Arizona Drive #1 Play by Play

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #2

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/B5wzmFR.gif
    Wooching had RB responsibility. Victor, responsible for inside man, missed tackle
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

Bring the downvotes and WTFs but for the most part I see a disciplined Wooching doing what he's asked. You're not seeing Washington blitz and it's clear both Wooching and Mathis are given contain responsibility. On the one deep drop, Wooching applies pressure and flushes the QB. Mathis overcommits and Leaves a wide gap for a big gain.

That said, Wooching whiffed on one play, and allowed big gain. For the most part, tho, I see him playing sound football.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    By my unofficial count, 10 of the 15 plays on the first possession for Arizona were run at P-SALM including 6 of the final 7 ...

Over the first 3 drives for Arizona, I had the numbers at 20 of 33 plays
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #2

Wooching had RB responsibility. Victor, responsible for inside man, missed tackle
    While I don't disagree with you that he had responsibility for the outside portion of the run, the point of this thread in a nutshell is the following:

1) Offenses will target putting P-SALM involved in plays as it is the DEFINITE weak point of our defense

2) P-SALM even when he executes his responsibility correctly is unable to do more than carry out the very basics of his assignments
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

Bring the downvotes and WTFs but for the most part I see a disciplined Wooching doing what he's asked. You're not seeing Washington blitz and it's clear both Wooching and Mathis are given contain responsibility. On the one deep drop, Wooching applies pressure and flushes the QB. Mathis overcommits and Leaves a wide gap for a big gain.

That said, Wooching whiffed on one play, and allowed big gain. For the most part, tho, I see him playing sound football.
    I agree that he seems generally capable of standing where he belongs. I look at these gifs though and I see him getting pushed around and not being able to get off blocks until he is trying to tackle from behind.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    In my watch of game this morning, the first drive was
    Psalms best. And not even the whole drive.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #2

While I don't disagree with you that he had responsibility for the outside portion of the run, the point of this thread in a nutshell is the following:

1) Offenses will target putting P-SALM involved in plays as it is the DEFINITE weak point of our defense

2) P-SALM even when he executes his responsibility correctly is unable to do more than carry out the very basics of his assignments
    What plays is "he targeted."? The goal line play where he gets mauled? Your asking a 240lb olb to play 4 technique on the goalline against a tackle?

The plays I see run at him, he makes a tackle or funnels the play inside.

The plays that goes to his side, he keeps contain and pushes his man back towards the Qb. No corner force and little safety support.

Look, he is what he is but the gifs youve poasted here don't show he sucks.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    Quit hating on the dothraki. He sucks. It is known. No need to prove it.
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

I agree that he seems generally capable of standing where he belongs. I look at these gifs though and I see him getting pushed around and not being able to get off blocks until he is trying to tackle from behind.
    Which Gifs?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2016
    Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

Which Gifs?
    2, 3, 5, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15 are all negatives.

2 he whiffs on the read option completely and doesn't set himself up in a recoverable position like in 6.

3, 5, 10, 13 are just bad attempts at a pass rush.

11 is Psalm the Pussy in full force. Hesitates from trying to take on all 5'6" of JJ Taylor.

14 and 15 at the goal line, he can't shed the block at all.

FWIW, Baseman is right that on some plays (1, 7) he did a good job keeping outside contain. 4, 6, 8, and 9 were all good plays, especially 4.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

Bring the downvotes and WTFs but for the most part I see a disciplined Wooching doing what he's asked.
    O RLY?
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #15

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/7tGlFDe.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

Bring the downvotes and WTFs but for the most part I see a disciplined Wooching doing what he's asked.
    O RLY?
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #15

If you're referring to this play, You obviously don't understand football or ever played the game beyond pop warner.

Wooching was asked to play a 4 technique. (Google it) since your such a dumbfuck, I'll break it down for you. if you ask a 240 lb linebacker to play a 4 technique in goal line and pinch and the offense runs a backside power youre going to lose -everytime.

It didn't work in Techmo Bowl. It didn't work in Madden PS4 and it doesn't work here.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Mad_Son said:

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

I like to call this the Nez Perce Johnny method of tackling.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

O RLY?
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #15

If you're referring to this play, You obviously don't understand football or ever played the game beyond pop warner.

Wooching was asked to play a 4 technique. (Google it) since your such a dumbfuck, I'll break it down for you. if you ask a 240 lb linebacker to play a 4 technique in goal line and pinch and the offense runs a backside power youre going to lose -everytime.

It didn't work in Techmo Bowl. It didn't work in Madden PS4 and it doesn't work here.
    My contention on that play is that he lined up wrong. Should have been outside the LT and in two point stance, because of his alignment this is a TD pre-snap.

The only time this year that they had the buck and Sam in a three point stance head up with a OL BOTH of them were in the three point stance (notice Mathis is two point off the tackle)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    NEsnake12 said:

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

Which Gifs?
    2, 3, 5, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15 are all negatives.

2 he whiffs on the read option completely and doesn't set himself up in a recoverable position like in 6.-he has contain responsibility and made the correct play attacking the running back

3, 5, 10, 13 are just bad attempts at a pass rush.
    3- read option run/pass. The tackle shows run. Linebackers step to run and drop to zone. No blitz, you're not going to get pressure from the edge. If you, do they hand the ball off and you give up a big run.
    5-read option pass run. Watch Mathis, he takes RB . Same as Wooching in play 2. Pistol formation bubble screen. You're not going to get pressure from four man rush. Linebackers and safeties have to make the play and they do.
    10- designed stunt. Wooching goes in, draws tackle guard double team, McIntosh blitz, Mathis drops into coverage.
    13- Wooching for most part keeps contain. He dips in but forces QB back. King (#20) makes wrong read and late to recover. Wooching could have played this better.
    14- Stands the tackle up forces play inside. Gaines over commits inside. It's a 3rd-1, UW playing 4 man front and zone.
    15- he gets blown up. Again your asking 240 lb LB to play 4 (inside shoulder of tackle) with no end on goal line. Wooching shouldn't be in goal line personnel

11 is Psalm the Pussy in full force. Hesitates from trying to take on all 5'6" of JJ Taylor.

14 and 15 at the goal line, he can't shed the block at all.

FWIW, Baseman is right that on some plays (1, 7) he did a good job keeping outside contain. 4, 6, 8, and 9 were all good plays, especially 4.
    Kwitkoski plays conservative. Bend don't break. In these 15 plays, I see blitz (#10)
    This isn't a Jim Lambright overload one side of the line and send 2 linebackers every play. They play a lot of zone and require the front 4 to read and react.
  • Options
    David Shaw said this “They will blitz,’’ he said. “They’ll send 3, 4, 5 - or drop guys back in coverage, play 3-deep, 2-deep, some man-to-man. There’s some variety in their scheme, but the biggest thing that comes off when you watch it is it’s very, very sound.’’

“It has great structure, great discipline. It’s not really surprising, getting to know (head coach) Chris Petersen over the last couple of years. It’s the way he’s always done things. He’s a systematic person…. You don’t see a lot of bombs for touchdowns. You see guys where they’re supposed to be. When someone does catch the ball, he’s tackled by multiple people, not just one guy. You see them playing good team defense.”
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016

https://i.imgur.com/B5wzmFR.gifv
    Psalm on the roads too, can't wrap up
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Mad_Son said:

Holy shit Wooching sucks

O RLY?
    Tequilla said:

TSIO Play #15

I know Psalm is playing 4-tech and is responsible for the B-gap. What's wrong with this play is that he isn't lined up in time when the ball is snapped. He took himself out of the play even before it began. Watch it again.

Discipline football, according to @Baseman