Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why is Trump denying that he said not paying taxes makes him smart in the debate?

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    It's sad that so many people see things such as minimizing your expenses or jumping on an opportunity that's presented itself in trying times as bad behavior when just the opposite is true. This country could use more people who actively seek ways to improve their financial situation themselves, instead of playing the victim card and crying to politicians to help them out. But, so long as we(?) demonize that kind of behavior, I wouldn't expect too many people to follow Trump's lead.

Trump's tariff and immigration policies are exactly this: protection sought from the government to protect people who cannot compete in the evolving free market system. Get some skills and you wont have to work that worthless job at the restaurant in the evening.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2016
    OZONE said:

Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that not him specifically not paying any income taxes for 2 particular years because he didn't owe the IRS anything means he's smart.

I have no idea what you are trying to write here, but if you watched the debates, he said it makes him smart that he didn't pay income taxes that year.

Then an hour later, he tried to deny saying that.

His defenders can twist all they want, but what he said was crystal clear.
    I fucked up the second sentence and now it's too late to edit. Let me clarify:

Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that he is smart for not owing the IRS any tax dollars for the 2 years of tax returns Hillary was referencing. Hillary used the word "paid", which is true because he didn't pay anything, but only because he didn't owe anything. Not all instances of not paying taxes are smart such as when you actually owe them.

The way the reporter summed up what he said was misleading, and him agreeing to it would have given his detractors some bullshit soundbyte media clips of him agreeing that it's smart to not pay taxes. He was completely right to deny the claim made by the reporter. Either way he gets fucked, because that's just the way the media plays the game....but this way he gets less fucked.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2016

Trump's tariff and immigration policies are exactly this: protection sought from the government to protect people who cannot compete in the evolving free market system. Get some skills and you wont have to work that worthless job at the restaurant in the evening.

I actually don't agree with protectionist policies either. But we're not talking about policy, we're talking about Trump's character as it pertains to the financial moves he's made for himself.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that not him specifically not paying any income taxes for 2 particular years because he didn't owe the IRS anything means he's smart. It is perfectly legitimate to interpret these things as one and the same, but they can hold different meanings as well. Allow me to demonstrate:

* It's smart to manage your finances in a manner that results in you owing the IRS less or no taxes. This is what the tax return Hillary spoke of indicated.

* It's NOT smart to not pay income taxes if you actually owe them to the IRS. This very well could be what Trump was denying when the reporter asked him about it.

ALSO, the reporter initially said "It sounds like you admitted you hadn't paid federal taxes..." so the reporter was talking about more things he supposedly said than just the smart comment. That easily could have been what Trump was denying. Did Trump get up there and admit he hadn't paid federal taxes? Also, do federal taxes even exist if they aren't owed? If they don't exist, then saying "hadn't paid" may imply that he owed taxes and simply refused to pay them. Some examples:

"He hadn't paid his employee."

"He hadn't paid the hooker."

^ When these things are said, it is implied that the employee and hooker are OWED something. It's all semantics and English. Derek writes books n shit so he should be able to back me up on this.

Instead of concluding that Trump lied about what he said and then forming everything around that, maybe you should be asking why he denied saying that and analyzing the situation from there.

It's your right to legally minimize your tax bill. Supreme Court said so.

It's really FS to brag about it if you're trying to become president, as well as brag about profiting off the housing collapse.
    His comment on housing was in 2006 during the bubble not the collapse. Billion dollar hedge funds swooped in after the collapse and made bank.

It's called smart money. I suppose you put yours in a ponzi
  • Options

Paying tax on overhead is not the same as paying tax on income. He's right that America's infrastructure is falling apart, but it will never be rebuilt if the wealthiest Americans aren't paying income tax.

R-E=NI. S-COGS=NP.

Hope this helps.
    Oooh, doggy! Listen to that boy Cletus cipher! You studying to be a double-naught like Cousin Jethro?
    Puppy?
    It's a line from a TV show about Trump voters. Really reminded me of you.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2016

OZONE said:

Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that not him specifically not paying any income taxes for 2 particular years because he didn't owe the IRS anything means he's smart.

I have no idea what you are trying to write here, but if you watched the debates, he said it makes him smart that he didn't pay income taxes that year.

<<snip>>

The way the reporter summed up what he said was misleading

<<snip>>

There was nothing misleading about the reporter's phrasing. It was the same is Clinton's.

Trump is backpedaling. I'm surprised you are trying to twist this into anything else. Trump backpedals 3 times a week.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that not him specifically not paying any income taxes for 2 particular years because he didn't owe the IRS anything means he's smart. It is perfectly legitimate to interpret these things as one and the same, but they can hold different meanings as well. Allow me to demonstrate:

* It's smart to manage your finances in a manner that results in you owing the IRS less or no taxes. This is what the tax return Hillary spoke of indicated.

* It's NOT smart to not pay income taxes if you actually owe them to the IRS. This very well could be what Trump was denying when the reporter asked him about it.

ALSO, the reporter initially said "It sounds like you admitted you hadn't paid federal taxes..." so the reporter was talking about more things he supposedly said than just the smart comment. That easily could have been what Trump was denying. Did Trump get up there and admit he hadn't paid federal taxes? Also, do federal taxes even exist if they aren't owed? If they don't exist, then saying "hadn't paid" may imply that he owed taxes and simply refused to pay them. Some examples:

^ When these things are said, it is implied that the employee and hooker are OWED something. It's all semantics and English. Derek writes books n shit so he should be able to back me up on this.

Instead of concluding that Trump lied about what he said and then forming everything around that, maybe you should be asking why he denied saying that and analyzing the situation from there.

It's really FS to brag about it if you're trying to become president, as well as brag about profiting off the housing collapse.
    His comment on housing was in 2006 during the bubble not the collapse. Billion dollar hedge funds swooped in after the collapse and made bank.

Hurtful and Chincredible
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Paying tax on overhead is not the same as paying tax on income. He's right that America's infrastructure is falling apart, but it will never be rebuilt if the wealthiest Americans aren't paying income tax.

R-E=NI. S-COGS=NP.

Hope this helps.
    Oooh, doggy! Listen to that boy Cletus cipher! You studying to be a double-naught like Cousin Jethro?
    Puppy?
    When you have to explain it, it's a shit post.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

People don't want to pay taxes. Stay tuned for more on this developing story

How much has Trump spent of his own money on his campaign? He's a fucktard for not biting the bullet, paying a decent percentage in federal income tax while releasing his return, all just to pander to the populace if nothing else. It would have been the cheapest source of good-will of the entire election.

Shows he doesn't think ahead whatsoever. Every candidate should game their returns for at least two years.
    I saw some talking head saying polling shows 8% of voters care about Hillary's health. The only thing they care less about is Trump's taxes - 6%

Other sources say different about both. Who the fuck knows but the election won't be decided on either as long as her meds are dialed in the rest of the way
    It's clear you DGAF and are voting Trump because he's your stop and frisk hero. In the tradition of constitutionalist conservatives before him.
  • Options
    O

R-E=NI. S-COGS=NP.

Hope this helps.
    Puppy?
    When you have to explain it, it's a shit post.
    When you don't get it, you are a retard. Cletus.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Fender Bender = Tequilla

Tomes and tomes of shit in his Shitposts.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Sounds like you're speaking from experience. You must have been the dumb money.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

How much has Trump spent of his own money on his campaign? He's a fucktard for not biting the bullet, paying a decent percentage in federal income tax while releasing his return, all just to pander to the populace if nothing else. It would have been the cheapest source of good-will of the entire election.

Shows he doesn't think ahead whatsoever. Every candidate should game their returns for at least two years.
    I saw some talking head saying polling shows 8% of voters care about Hillary's health. The only thing they care less about is Trump's taxes - 6%

Other sources say different about both. Who the fuck knows but the election won't be decided on either as long as her meds are dialed in the rest of the way
    It's clear you DGAF and are voting Trump because he's your stop and frisk hero. In the tradition of constitutionalist conservatives before him.
    It's clear I own your stupid ass. Tell Hillary to send me your check bitch
  • Options

2001400ex said:

It's one thing to gargle Trump's balls. It's another to mimic his delusional rants.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

It's one thing to gargle Trump's balls. It's another to mimic his delusional rants.
    But it's OK! to gargle Hillary's balls?

Asking for a fren
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Asking for a fren
    C'mon Pawz! We axe around here!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

<<snip>>

<<snip>>

There was nothing misleading about the reporter's phrasing. It was the same is Clinton's.

Trump is backpedaling. I'm surprised you are trying to twist this into anything else. Trump backpedals 3 times a week.
    It's not that I have any clue what's going through Trump's mind...I just think it's more likely that Trump interprets things differently than most people.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

<<snip>>

<<snip>>

It's not that I have any clue what's going through Trump's mind...I just think it's more likely that Trump interprets things differently than most people.
    Most people like facts.

Trumpy doesn't.
  • Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Asking for a fren
    I don't gargle Hillary's balls. But still.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Fender Bender = Tequilla

Tomes and tomes of shit in his Shitposts.

First it was Puppy, then it was Race, now it's Tequilla. Have you not realized by now that there are 2, MAYBE 3 people with a bunch of different accounts that post here? I'm all those posters. Hell, I'm even you.