Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why is Trump denying that he said not paying taxes makes him smart in the debate?

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    OZONE getting bitchslapped in another thread.

Lather.Rinse.Repeat.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Agree
    I've asked you before to not agree with me
    Disagree
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Agree
    Disagree
    Agree.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Agree
    Disagree
    Agree he's running a layup line on race.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pretty sure Trump has paid more in all types of taxes than you could ever dream of earning. But still.

The Ballwashing continues. You she probably head back to the 'Shed. They think more along the lines that you do.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pretty sure Trump has paid more in all types of taxes than you could ever dream of earning. But still.

I'm going to need to see some returns.
    How much tax do you suppose was collected from the developer, GC, Subs, employees, suppliers, and vendors for a project like Trump Tower? Someone had to risk the capital and have the brains to get that built. One example among many.

As we are told, the 47% may not pay income tax but they pay all sorts of other taxes. Goes for the rich as well.

And we still only have the musings of a pathological liar like Hillary as "proof"

This is why his income tax returns are all but meaningless
    You forgot about the taxes paid by the process servers.

As you know, that's no drop in the bucket either.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is that salemcoog trying to act like he belongs?

He doesn't

At all
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2016
    Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that not him specifically not paying any income taxes for 2 particular years because he didn't owe the IRS anything means he's smart. It is perfectly legitimate to interpret these things as one and the same, but they can hold different meanings as well. Allow me to demonstrate:

* It's smart to manage your finances in a manner that results in you owing the IRS less or no taxes. This is what the tax return Hillary spoke of indicated.

* It's NOT smart to not pay income taxes if you actually owe them to the IRS. This very well could be what Trump was denying when the reporter asked him about it.

ALSO, the reporter initially said "It sounds like you admitted you hadn't paid federal taxes..." so the reporter was talking about more things he supposedly said than just the smart comment. That easily could have been what Trump was denying. Did Trump get up there and admit he hadn't paid federal taxes? Also, do federal taxes even exist if they aren't owed? If they don't exist, then saying "hadn't paid" may imply that he owed taxes and simply refused to pay them. Some examples:

"He hadn't paid his employee."

"He hadn't paid the hooker."

^ When these things are said, it is implied that the employee and hooker are OWED something. It's all semantics and English. Derek writes books n shit so he should be able to back me up on this.

Instead of concluding that Trump lied about what he said and then forming everything around that, maybe you should be asking why he denied saying that and analyzing the situation from there.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Non-contributors, Seinfeld interpretation.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Is that salemcoog trying to act like he belongs?

He doesn't

At all

Nah...

Never WOULD want to belong here.

I'm just bullying a tired old man.

Some would say it makes me a bad person.

You're bullying me.

Thanks for letting me know
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that not him specifically not paying any income taxes for 2 particular years because he didn't owe the IRS anything means he's smart. It is perfectly legitimate to interpret these things as one and the same, but they can hold different meanings as well. Allow me to demonstrate:

* It's smart to manage your finances in a manner that results in you owing the IRS less or no taxes. This is what the tax return Hillary spoke of indicated.

* It's NOT smart to not pay income taxes if you actually owe them to the IRS. This very well could be what Trump was denying when the reporter asked him about it.

ALSO, the reporter initially said "It sounds like you admitted you hadn't paid federal taxes..." so the reporter was talking about more things he supposedly said than just the smart comment. That easily could have been what Trump was denying. Did Trump get up there and admit he hadn't paid federal taxes? Also, do federal taxes even exist if they aren't owed? If they don't exist, then saying "hadn't paid" may imply that he owed taxes and simply refused to pay them. Some examples:

^ When these things are said, it is implied that the employee and hooker are OWED something. It's all semantics and English. Derek writes books n shit so he should be able to back me up on this.

Instead of concluding that Trump lied about what he said and then forming everything around that, maybe you should be asking why he denied saying that and analyzing the situation from there.

It's your right to legally minimize your tax bill. Supreme Court said so.

It's really FS to brag about it if you're trying to become president, as well as brag about profiting off the housing collapse.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Paying tax on overhead is not the same as paying tax on income. He's right that America's infrastructure is falling apart, but it will never be rebuilt if the wealthiest Americans aren't paying income tax.

R-E=NI. S-COGS=NP.

Hope this helps.
    Oooh, doggy! Listen to that boy Cletus cipher! You studying to be a double-naught like Cousin Jethro?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Paying tax on overhead is not the same as paying tax on income. He's right that America's infrastructure is falling apart, but it will never be rebuilt if the wealthiest Americans aren't paying income tax.

Didn't Trump just rebuild the "old" post office thereby improving the infrastructure of Washington DC? Why didn't anyone else?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

R-E=NI. S-COGS=NP.

Hope this helps.
    Oooh, doggy! Listen to that boy Cletus cipher! You studying to be a double-naught like Cousin Jethro?
    Puppy?
  • Options
    doogie said:

Didn't Trump just rebuild the "old" post office thereby improving the infrastructure of Washington DC? Why didn't anyone else?
    Disneyification of urban spaces is not the same as rebuilding roads, bridges, etc.
  • Options

Twisting in the wind here.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510

Trump didn't say it was smart to not pay income taxes. He said that not him specifically not paying any income taxes for 2 particular years because he didn't owe the IRS anything means he's smart.

I have no idea what you are trying to write here, but if you watched the debates, he said it makes him smart that he didn't pay income taxes that year.

Then an hour later, he tried to deny saying that.

His defenders can twist all they want, but what he said was crystal clear.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2016

It's your right to legally minimize your tax bill. Supreme Court said so.

It's really FS to brag about it if you're trying to become president, as well as brag about profiting off the housing collapse.
    It's sad that so many people see things such as minimizing your expenses or jumping on an opportunity that's presented itself in trying times as bad behavior when just the opposite is true. This country could use more people who actively seek ways to improve their financial situation themselves, instead of playing the victim card and crying to politicians to help them out. But, so long as we(?) demonize that kind of behavior, I wouldn't expect too many people to follow Trump's lead.