Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The People vs Jonathan Smith

2»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Pa, get mah' lynchin rope! No one dodges the hangman in my city! [Fire Him]

The Lindquist bullshit alone is a fireable offense. Unfortunately, of all things, that seems like something Pete demanded. The only reasoning we? ever got for the Wild Swede is because he was an OKG, basically.

The good news is that it sounds like Lindquist has already asked for a transfer and granted a release.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The Lindquist bullshit alone is a fireable offense. Unfortunately, of all things, that seems like something Pete demanded. The only reasoning we? ever got for the Wild Swede is because he was an OKG, basically.

The good news is that it sounds like Lindquist has already asked for a transfer and granted a release.
    komo4 buttfuckers
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Other programs need sideline signal callers?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Smith is only doing what Peterman tells him.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

With any mother fucker you put in that seat.

You think Peterman is saying... Jonathan, that is fucking stupid, run Gaskin. And then Smith is saying ... fuck you coach ... we're bubble screening to Mickens.

Christ.

"Today, we shall determine the truth and if need be, serve just and quick punishment to you and any auxiliary party involved. May I please call the defense to the stand?"
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

topdawgnc said:

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

You think Peterman is saying... Jonathan, that is fucking stupid, run Gaskin. And then Smith is saying ... fuck you coach ... we're bubble screening to Mickens.

Christ.

"Today, we shall determine the truth and if need be, serve just and quick punishment to you and any auxiliary party involved. May I please call the defense to the stand?"
    Pete is the guy you want. Smith is the auxiliary party involved. We should have learned this lesson with Sark/Holt. I know I did.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I admit, I was in the 'wait and see' mode until that Oregon game. Those last few minutes of the game proved to me that he has no idea how to handle in-game situations. He should have been fired after that game. He was so strict in sticking to his script that he gave us no chance of winning. Even worse was that after the game he was legitimately confused why people were questioning the offense towards the end of he game.

I think we'll get to the point to where we'll scheme well, but he's a guy that doesn't know how to make any sort of important in-game decisions. Unless it's a blowout in our favor, I don't like our chances to win the game.

It's the main reason we lost every close game, IMO.

That zero urgency TD drive pissed me the fuck off. His reasoning behind zero hurry up in the situation (and actually slowing down as if we had the lead) was something like "we wanted to make sure the calls were right"

BITCH, DO THAT THE ENTIRE GAME!

To me it showed he legitimately can't think on his feet fast enough to successfully call hurry up situations.

See 100% of the 2 minute drill drives under his direction. It is the exact reason we've lost all those games with a chance to win the past 2 years.
    @Doogles: Why'd you have to remind me of that slow, clock-burning drive. I drank enough that day to forget most of it, then you went and triggered it. Fuck it, and fuck Smith. He's a terrible play caller for the players he has. Fire him yesterday.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Gladstone said:

topdawgnc said:

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Christ.

Pete is the guy you want. Smith is the auxiliary party involved. We should have learned this lesson with Sark/Holt. I know I did.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This is the worst fucking post I've read today. It's also the only post I've read today.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    This is it. Stanford.

An uninspired, under qualified hire. Two years of mediocrity. Have a good showing against a legitimate good defense. Make the program relevant for the first time in sixteen years.

Sigh.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey, hey, hey... he saved that TO at the end of the game for this Friday's game, so give him that credit! #HailMarysAreForCruddyTeams #GrantedBrownShortsWouldHaveOnlyThrownIt40yards