Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Browning has never faced Stanford

Miley threw for 98 yards vs Stanford in petermans first year. It was a disgraceful performance in Husky stadium. Stanford was 5-4 that year in conference and went to the foster farms bowl. People forget that. Yes, people forget that Stanford team sucked.

Then I forgot that CartaSamuels played in last year's debacle. I can't even remember what Browning was out with. Was he hurt or injured. Anyway Carta did better than Miley by throwing for an entire 20 more passing yards in a pathetic showing at Stanford (the stadium is actually not in Palo Alto as some believe)

Onward to Year 3 of Peterman and his boy wonder Browning. Can we expect more of the same bullshit result against a David Shaw coached defense. Have peterman and smith figured it the fuck out yet that this isn't the mountain west? A 3rd year of ineptness at the QB position would tell me a lot about Peterman and his ability to develop quarterbacks at this level. It would tell me he fucking can't

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Miley threw for 98 yards vs Stanford in petermans first year. It was a disgraceful performance in Husky stadium. Stanford was 5-4 that year in conference and went to the foster farms bowl. People forget that. Yes, people forget that Stanford team sucked.

Then I forgot that CartaSamuels played in last year's debacle. I can't even remember what Browning was out with. Was he hurt or injured. Anyway Carta did better than Miley by throwing for an entire 20 more passing yards in a pathetic showing at Stanford (the stadium is actually not in Palo Alto as some believe)

Onward to Year 3 of Peterman and his boy wonder Browning. Can we expect more of the same bullshit result against a David Shaw coached defense. Have peterman and smith figured it the fuck out yet that this isn't the mountain west? A 3rd year of ineptness at the QB position would tell me a lot about Peterman and his ability to develop quarterbacks at this level. It would tell me he fucking can't

Abundance.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016
    Last year, the "best defense in the Pac12" was gashed by Stanford's O-Line and McCaffrey, and Stanford's defense completely contained the Husky's offense. Stanford dominated both sides of the ball without breaking a sweat, the Huskies had no chance.

So far this year the Huskies haven't proven a thing. Three cupcakes and a side of thin sliced mediocre ham that took them to OT says they'e being teed up for a loss. We'll see. Browning could be the difference either way. If he has a stellar game, they probably have a shot at a win, if he goes into Brownshorts mode, it's probably game over. To state the obvious, IMO, there are two keys, the simple tried and true formula for winning football games. Establish the run to set up the passing game, and contain their running game to force them to beat the Huskies secondary. The Huskies have better than average talent, speed and power, but if they play like they did against Arizona, they're going to have their asses handed to them. Play to their ability, execute at a high level, and deal with the inevitable pressure that's coming and they have a legitimate shot. For now, I'm in LIFPO, leaning towards TSIO in less than two weeks. We'll see soon enough.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    WASHINGTON wins this game
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

WASHINGTON wins this game

COOK IT !!!!1111!11!!!!!!!1111
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Passion said:

Counterpoint: Stanford has never faced Browning!

Doogitup.gif

Somebody post the brownsocks photo.

Utah, cal, asu, oregon, arizona (arguably) are all games where Jake made stupid plays down the stretch. Mistakes when he needed to shine. When he had the chance to be a difference maker and rise to the occasion, he wilted.

Having a high completion percentage and throwing TDs in blowout games is not how to make your mark.

Where does the sun rise?

Uhhhh....huh?
  • Options
    Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

Passion said:

Counterpoint: Stanford has never faced Browning!

Doogitup.gif

Somebody post the brownsocks photo.

Utah, cal, asu, oregon, arizona (arguably) are all games where Jake made stupid plays down the stretch. Mistakes when he needed to shine. When he had the chance to be a difference maker and rise to the occasion, he wilted.

Having a high completion percentage and throwing TDs in blowout games is not how to make your mark.

Where does the sun rise?

Uhhhh....huh?
    In that photo Goff looks like he's sporting an extra chromosome and just made a doody in his shorts. Explains a few things.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Stanford was fully healthy I wouldn't be optimistic about Brownings ability to step up in this game, because their secondary is the strength of the defense this year. But both of Stanfords starting corners got injured against UCLA, and are questionable for the game Friday. If they're out, I like our chances a lot better.

Daniels will have to have a big game regardless... UCLA's TE was the only receiver who had a halfway decent game cause the ILBs of Stanford aren't good in coverage. If he's dropping shit like he usually does its gonna absolutely kill the pass game.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We lost these games last year because the O couldn't sustain drives and the D was on the field too long. Stanford, Oregon, and especially Utah fall into that category, some because of bad QBing, lots because of a POS receiving corps that allowed opposing D's to cheat up and bottle up the offense.

Jake has better, more reliable targets this year, and looks a little stronger, but still not strong enough to throw darts on crossing routes, so, why the fuck do we even call those plays on 3rd downs and such? Same old problem of designing and calling plays that don't fit your athletes and talent on the field. I fucking hate that stupid shit more than anything the dawgs do.

I'll go with the Dawgs on this one, based largely on what I watched the Hawks do to SF last Sunday. I.e., if they can put it all together and play to their potential, they can beat Stanford by 2 or 3 scores. If not - and this is what Stanford is counting on - our immaturity will amp up our nerves, cause us to do stupid shit like draw dumb penalties, force throws, or fumble the ball in the red zone or on punt returns, and the offense will implode, handing away the game to Stanford.

UW has more talent than Stanford. Game is ours? to Lose.

• Options
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

If Stanford was fully healthy I wouldn't be optimistic about Brownings ability to step up in this game, because their secondary is the strength of the defense this year. But both of Stanfords starting corners got injured against UCLA, and are questionable for the game Friday. If they're out, I like our chances a lot better.

Daniels will have to have a big game regardless... UCLA's TE was the only receiver who had a halfway decent game cause the ILBs of Stanford aren't good in coverage. If he's dropping shit like he usually does its gonna absolutely kill the pass game.

For some time now Stanford has been the only team in the conference that has "next man up" depth. Don't count on injuries to slow them down that much.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

We lost these games last year because the O couldn't sustain drives and the D was on the field too long. Stanford, Oregon, and especially Utah fall into that category, some because of bad QBing, lots because of a POS receiving corps that allowed opposing D's to cheat up and bottle up the offense.

Jake has better, more reliable targets this year, and looks a little stronger, but still not strong enough to throw darts on crossing routes, so, why the fuck do we even call those plays on 3rd downs and such? Same old problem of designing and calling plays that don't fit your athletes and talent on the field. I fucking hate that stupid shit more than anything the dawgs do.

I'll go with the Dawgs on this one, based largely on what I watched the Hawks do to SF last Sunday. I.e., if they can put it all together and play to their potential, they can beat Stanford by 2 or 3 scores. If not - and this is what Stanford is counting on - our immaturity will amp up our nerves, cause us to do stupid shit like draw dumb penalties, force throws, or fumble the ball in the red zone or on punt returns, and the offense will implode, handing away the game to Stanford.

UW has more talent than Stanford. Game is ours? to Lose.

9/4/2015 - Present day.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I hope Browning goes 11 for 13 for 230 yards as Gaskin runs for 190 and our DAWGS win rather easily and I have to do up downs for doubting him

This is the realest poast in this history of this craphole bored.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I hope Browning goes 11 for 13 for 230 yards as Gaskin runs for 190 and our DAWGS win rather easily and I have to do up downs for doubting him

You know how the Script plays out after that though?

13 in a row.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

13 in a row.
    I'd survive.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

13 in a row.
    I'd survive.
    We are Cub fans when it comes to Oregon.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    UW does not have more talent than Stanford. #olinesuperiorityguy