Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For those of you that hate universal health care, but like the US giving money to Israel

OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Does it bother you that Israel has universal health care? And that you, as a tax payer, are helping to subsidize it?

Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Does it bother you that Hillary has tanked in the polls the past two weeks?
  • Options
    Of course it does. She is a shitty candidate, but is our only hope for stopping the ass clown named Trump.

Back to my question.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How are these two things related?

Does if bother you that you want to wipe a country off the earth that has universal health care?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Does if bother you that you want to wipe a country off the earth that has universal health care?

I'm asking if the people here, that hate our tax dollars going to universal health care (here), care that our tax dollars are going to help subsidize universal health care in Israel?

Let me dumb it down for you. If it is good enough to spend our tax dollars on in Israel, why isn't it good to spend our tax dollars on in the US?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You ask dumb questions.

How are you going to help Trump make America great again, when called upon to do so?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

I'm asking if the people here, that hate our tax dollars going to universal health care (here), care that our tax dollars are going to help subsidize universal health care in Israel?

Let me dumb it down for you. If it is good enough to spend our tax dollars on in Israel, why isn't it good to spend our tax dollars on in the US?
    Name names.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Are we actively supporting their health care or because they have universal care you assume our money goes to that?

It looks like your reaching...
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

He asks a good question and it's pretty obvious that none of you are willing to answer.

I'll answer for the right wing gun toting whacko segment. If I had my way I would ensure that any money we sent to Israel could only be used for defense. So they can kill terrorists, because I am all for killing as many of those fucks as possible. I would not be happy to know that the money is funding health care, because I would prefer we spend that money here on the VA hospitals, which are an absolute fucking national disgrace. In short, I don;t want universal healthcare, and I do not care to support it overseas either. If we send money overseas it should be for humanitarian causes or arming allies who need the help in the war on terror or in dealing with aggressor states like Russia, not nation building or helping other assholes have more social programs, because we have tons of shit to spend money on here helping our citizens before any other assholes.
    Not to be a dick. But you support additional funding for the VA but don't want universal health care? The VA is notoriously government funded, and if we had universal health care, we could get rid of the VA and veterans would get the exact same care as everyone else. Paid for by their service to the country.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

He asks a good question and it's pretty obvious that none of you are willing to answer.

I'll answer for the right wing gun toting whacko segment. If I had my way I would ensure that any money we sent to Israel could only be used for defense. So they can kill terrorists, because I am all for killing as many of those fucks as possible. I would not be happy to know that the money is funding health care, because I would prefer we spend that money here on the VA hospitals, which are an absolute fucking national disgrace. In short, I don;t want universal healthcare, and I do not care to support it overseas either. If we send money overseas it should be for humanitarian causes or arming allies who need the help in the war on terror or in dealing with aggressor states like Russia, not nation building or helping other assholes have more social programs, because we have tons of shit to spend money on here helping our citizens before any other assholes.
    Not to be a dick. But you support additional funding for the VA but don't want universal health care? The VA is notoriously government funded, and if we had universal health care, we could get rid of the VA and veterans would get the exact same care as everyone else. Paid for by their service to the country.
    Exactly. Sounds like Swaye is for universal health care but also against it.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,871
    Standard Supporter
    It's not the same thing. If I'm paying for universal health care here in the USA, then I'm also stuck in a shitty universal health care system when I want to go see a doctor.

That's like asking if it bothers me if my friend uses the $50 Applebee's gift card I got him on their shitty pasta. I don't give a fuck what it's spent on if I've already decided to give him the money.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Not true. I am for veterans who were PROMISED health care before they went off to war actually seeing that healthcare. The VA, as it stands, is a fucking national disgrace. I would just as soon privatize it and basically give war wounded veterans some form of medicare/tricare/whatever and do away with the medical portion of the VA altogether (the VA does other things besides medicine and a couple of them they are actually good at - i.e. job skills training, etc.). But, since we aren't going to get rid of it, then make it good. Everyday citizens were never promised health care for risking their lives, vets were. So please don't take my desire to see a very small portion of the population, who actually did something to earn it, receive adequate health care as a blanket endorsement of universal health care.
    lol
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Not true. I am for veterans who were PROMISED health care before they went off to war actually seeing that healthcare. The VA, as it stands, is a fucking national disgrace. I would just as soon privatize it and basically give war wounded veterans some form of medicare/tricare/whatever and do away with the medical portion of the VA altogether (the VA does other things besides medicine and a couple of them they are actually good at - i.e. job skills training, etc.). But, since we aren't going to get rid of it, then make it good. Everyday citizens were never promised health care for risking their lives, vets were. So please don't take my desire to see a very small portion of the population, who actually did something to earn it, receive adequate health care as a blanket endorsement of universal health care.
    lol
    There are very few blankets I endorse anyway, as @RaceBannon correctly and astutely points out.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2016

Basically Ozone is saying if we hate universal healthcare, we shouldn't provide any aid to countries that provide universal healthcare. Even if our money goes strictly to defense it allows them to keep some resources to go to health care spending. Thus we are funding it regardless. I get that, but we already provide money to NATO, should we not help with that? If Canada has a catastrophic occurrence, we shouldn't help them?

It's another retarded question from a retard.

Hondo, watch the TV show 60 days in. US jailbirds eat better than our military units, sleep better, and have more free time. The least we can do for our Vets is to provide them with some benefits when they come back. That's what the VA is supposed to be. It's a shame the federal government has ran that system into the ground. It's amazing however, that even though the government can't even serve our vets, you still have such great confidence that our government system can take care of all it's citizens.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Basically Ozone is RETARDED. saying if we hate universal healthcare, we shouldn't provide any aid to countries that provide universal healthcare. Even if our money goes strictly to defense it allows them to keep some resources to go to health care spending. Thus we are funding it regardless. I get that, but we already provide money to NATO, should we not help with that? If Canada has a catastrophic occurrence, we shouldn't help them?

It's another retarded question from a retard.

Hondo, watch the TV show 60 days in. US jailbirds eat better than our military units, sleep better, and have more free time. The least we can do for our Vets is to provide them with some benefits when they come back. That's what the VA is supposed to be. It's a shame the federal government has ran that system into the ground. It's amazing however, that even though the government can't even serve our vets, you still have such great confidence that our government system can take care of all it's citizens.