Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First half hot takes

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
My favorite thing about this coaching staff - they develop players. Browning can hit the deep ball, Bierria is taking the leap, Wooching doesn't look worthless, McClutcheons looks like a real contributor, Kevin King is going to play himself into the first round. For once we can't say the longer they're here the worse they get.

Azeem is my favorite Husky since Tui.

Gaskins looks as good as ever, he just needs more opportunities. Dotson looks like a solid backup.

Despite my frustrations with not running the ball more, I do love that Pete is keeping his foot on the gas. #ProveIt was the perfect mantra for this team.

John Ross III really might be worth 4 wins. Total difference maker. If he stays healthy he's a game changer for this offense.

Rutgers looks ready for @owen12.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. Not encouraged by faggy pass-first offense. Let's see how that shakes out in November (if the season is still going then).

2. 2 minute drill looked like shit

3. Defense is pretty good, not great. Yet. Need to see a little more size. And girth.

4. Move the students to that empty spot on the 50 so they can be loud under that big ass roof.

5. Who fucking cares about our shit non-conference schedule. Should be using these muppets for practice, but we gotta play real teams to be a real program.

6. Lose the black sleeves and go back to our real colors. Thanks in advance.

7. I see a very talented team that has no excuse for not winning this soft ass conference, until they face a real national program that whoops our asses in the playoff.

8. As others have said, Pete probably fucks that up because he kept Smith around.

9. If any players are reading this....prove me wrong faggots.

10. I want that stadium expanded to 100,000 and the Seahawks ran the fuck out of town down to Portland.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

1. Not encouraged by faggy pass-first offense. Let's see how that shakes out in November (if the season is still going then).

3. Defense is pretty good, not great. Yet. Need to see a little more size. And girth.

4. Move the students to that empty spot on the 50 so they can be loud under that big ass roof.

5. Who fucking cares about our shit non-conference schedule. Should be using these muppets for practice, but we gotta play real teams to be a real program.

7. I see a very talented team that has no excuse for not winning this soft ass conference, until they face a real national program that whoops our asses in the playoff.

8. As others have said, Pete probably fucks that up because he kept Smith around.

10. I want that stadium expanded to 100,000 107,602 and the Seahawks ran the fuck out of town down to Portland.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I switched to LSU, but looking at the stat updates and from what I saw in the first half, Pete hasn't learned his lesson yet. He might well earn a 4th year or even win a weak north division, but this team aint winning shit.

RUN THE FUCKING BALL.

Unless, of course, you can't. :)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Rutgers spent the balance of the game with 10-11 within 8-10 yards of the LOS ... they were actively trying to take away the run game and force Browning to beat them over the top

Good strategy last year ... may not be a good one this year
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

10. I want that stadium expanded to 100,000 and the Seahawks ran the fuck out of town down to Portland.

See, @PostGameOrangeSlices - at LEAST SOMEONE agrees with me. Even if it is just @PurpleJ. Who I now love.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

See, @PostGameOrangeSlices - at LEAST SOMEONE agrees with me. Even if it is just @PurpleJ. Who I now love.

Arent you and J the same person?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Rutgers spent the balance of the game with 10-11 within 8-10 yards of the LOS ... they were actively trying to take away the run game and force Browning to beat them over the top

Last year we could still run the ball better when teams did this, even with Rumblin Fumblin DWarsh.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2016
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Last year we could still run the ball better when teams did this, even with Rumblin Fumblin DWarsh.
    DWash is/was better than everyone here thinks. His vision was below average, but he was above average at basically everything else a RB does. He wasn't a superstar but he didn't suck.

It's not a fluke that he made an NFL roster.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

DWash is/was better than everyone here thinks. His vision was below average, but he was above average at basically everything else a RB does. He wasn't a superstar but he didn't suck.

It's not a fluke that he made an NFL roster.
    uhhh his biggest issue wasn't vision. it was holding on to the ball
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I'm so confused.

Some people saying Washington sucked.

Some saying they are good.

• Options
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

I'm so confused.

Some people saying Washington sucked.

Some saying they are good.

why is this post so funny to me
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

You had me until the last bullet point. As if this city needs more Gorst mouth breathers flooding into Pioneer Square every other Sunday.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

True story.

At least two of the long passing TDs came on audibles out of called runs.

Still, I would have liked to see Smith run with conviction.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

You had me until the last bullet point. As if this city needs more Gorst mouth breathers flooding into Pioneer Square every other Sunday.
    Flagged for not understanding the point. That's why we MOVE the Seahawks to Portland. Then we keep the Gorst mouthbreathers in Montlake on Saturday and boobs gets to be annoyed by the 12s.

Believe me. I thought this one through.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Flagged for not understanding the point. That's why we MOVE the Seahawks to Portland. Then we keep the Gorst mouthbreathers in Montlake on Saturday and boobs gets to be annoyed by the 12s.

Believe me. I thought this one through.
    Hi. The soccerfags of Portland would never allow a stadium large enough for the NFL.