Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dave Samek reads this bored

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Swaye said:

I actually think Sark could have a shot at being an decent Head Coach if he spent less time worrying about being friends with everyone and focused on being a football coach.

If he did that he might pull his head out of his ass and recruit some decent linemen and not worry about his ego of being "Americas best play caller" with all his cool trickery. He might actuyally run a sound offense that plays smart and knows how to score when they need to.

That's the problem. Sark *might* turn into a great HC someday, It honestly wouldn't surprise me. The issue is he isn't a great one now. And that isn't his fault. It was the fault of Scott Woodward for hiring him.

Sark has turned over his entire defensive staff and changed defensive philosphies twice in 5 years. He has changed the offense three times in 5 years. He is still learning who he is, and that's fine, most coaches take tiem to mature into the role of HC, which is why you don't give the reigns to one of the top 20 CFB All Time programs to a 33 year old dude who has been a coordinator for like 2 minutes.

Sark should have been a coordinator for another year or two, and then taken over at a school like Fresno State, or SDSU. Felt his way around a bit, really cemented an identity and philosophy for 5-10 years, and then in his early to mid 40's, when he knew what the fuck he was doing, and how to accomplish it, a school like UW should have hired him.

We did everything ass backwards with him. I don't blame Sark for that. If Woodward was stupid enough to offer me 2.5M per I would take it and trot out and say whatever the fuck he wanted me to say. But UW would suck if I was in charge, just like it sucks with Sark in charge.

I hate Sark for never attending to the lines, talking in circles, and crying on national TV. But, I REALLY hate Woodward for hiring him. Not Sark's fault he sucks. How many really great Head Coaches at top Div 1 programs can you think of in their mid-30's? Not many, because like anything else in life, it takes time and experience to get good at this stuff.

You are managing a corporation as a HC at a big school. Do you think General Electric would promote some 32 year old dude with a few good ideas in the marketing department to CEO? Fuck no. Let him figure out a business philisophy and refine it for 10 or more years, then take a chance.

I have typed way too much shit today. SO FUCK OFF.
    I'm too lazy to do the research, but statistically speaking the odds of Sark suddenly turning into a great coach at this point have to be at least 1 in 100, if not worse.

Most first time head coaches who start at the BCS level and turn out to be great have proven themselves by year four. For every Beamer and Saban out there, there are dozens and dozens of Chan Gaileys and Tyrone Willinghams out there.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I actually think Sark could have a shot at being an decent Head Coach if he spent less time worrying about being friends with everyone and focused on being a football coach.

If he did that he might pull his head out of his ass and recruit some decent linemen and not worry about his ego of being "Americas best play caller" with all his cool trickery. He might actuyally run a sound offense that plays smart and knows how to score when they need to.

That's the problem. Sark *might* turn into a great HC someday, It honestly wouldn't surprise me. The issue is he isn't a great one now. And that isn't his fault. It was the fault of Scott Woodward for hiring him.

Sark has turned over his entire defensive staff and changed defensive philosphies twice in 5 years. He has changed the offense three times in 5 years. He is still learning who he is, and that's fine, most coaches take tiem to mature into the role of HC, which is why you don't give the reigns to one of the top 20 CFB All Time programs to a 33 year old dude who has been a coordinator for like 2 minutes.

Sark should have been a coordinator for another year or two, and then taken over at a school like Fresno State, or SDSU. Felt his way around a bit, really cemented an identity and philosophy for 5-10 years, and then in his early to mid 40's, when he knew what the fuck he was doing, and how to accomplish it, a school like UW should have hired him.

We did everything ass backwards with him. I don't blame Sark for that. If Woodward was stupid enough to offer me 2.5M per I would take it and trot out and say whatever the fuck he wanted me to say. But UW would suck if I was in charge, just like it sucks with Sark in charge.

I hate Sark for never attending to the lines, talking in circles, and crying on national TV. But, I REALLY hate Woodward for hiring him. Not Sark's fault he sucks. How many really great Head Coaches at top Div 1 programs can you think of in their mid-30's? Not many, because like anything else in life, it takes time and experience to get good at this stuff.

You are managing a corporation as a HC at a big school. Do you think General Electric would promote some 32 year old dude with a few good ideas in the marketing department to CEO? Fuck no. Let him figure out a business philisophy and refine it for 10 or more years, then take a chance.

I have typed way too much shit today. SO FUCK OFF.
    I'm too lazy to do the research, but statistically speaking the odds of Sark suddenly turning into a great coach at this point have to be at least 1 in 100, if not worse.

Most first time head coaches who start at the BCS level and turn out to be great have proven themselves by year four. For every Beamer and Saban out there, there are dozens and dozens of Chan Gaileys and Tyrone Willinghams out there.
    Oh I know it isn't likely, but it wouldn't surprise me. Stranger things have happened. He just shouldn't have been given the keys to the UW program without having the time and experience required to be a REAL HC. Hence, we have philosphy changes like I change underwear. He might figure it out someday, but I know we are both sick of his OJT while going 7-6 every year at UW.
    In other intelligent football talk, Dave's claim that UW didn't roll over in the second half are laughable.

Here are Oregon's second half drives:

13:44 3 01:08 ORE 18 3 82 Passing Touchdown
    07:25 3 04:09 ORE 17 11 66 Field Goal Good
    00:26 3 01:31 ORE 34 5 66 Rushing Touchdown
    11:06 4 03:29 ORE 24 8 75 Passing Touchdown
    06:18 4 06:18 ORE 29 11 60 End of Half (mercy kneeldown)

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/drivechart?gameId=332850264

Everyone is talking about the difference between Holt and Wilcox.

In other intelligent football talk, Dave's claim that UW didn't roll over in the second half are laughable.

Never let facts get in the way of a good pro-Sark narrative. That should be one of Aubbies (RIP) Iron Laws.
    Swaye said:

Never let facts get in the way of a good pro-Sark narrative. That should be one of Aubbies (RIP) Iron Laws.
    Doogs hate facts has been an Iron Law forever.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    "But I can’t just throw a tantrum at UW receivers not getting open, Oregon’s back four are VERY VERY good. Alliotti, hats off to you, sir."

Bullshit! If UO's DBs are so fucking good...why did Colorado's shitty receivers spend the better part of a half running past them like they were fucking statues?

Samek needs to quit smoking Kim's pole and regrow his sack.....
  • I actually think Sark could have a shot at being an decent Head Coach if he spent less time worrying about being friends with everyone and focused on being a football coach.

I honestly think you have it or you don't. I think Sark is a self motivator. You see some guys like Saban or a Michael Jordan who are constantly competing with themselves to be the best ever.

Sark to me seems like a guy who wants to win but more importantly wants everyone to like him. He always wants things done on his terms. When shit is going bad he becomes a prick to the media, throws players and other coaches under the bus. When the team is doing good he's always the first one to brag about himself. "I'm coaching the #15 team in the country after we were 0-12".

Sark wants to be the star of the program. While James let his W-L do the talking for him. James wasn't friendly with the media and I get it the game has changed now. Still Saban, both Kelly's, Mora, etc their priority is to build the best team they can. If you like them? That's fine, if you don't? well you can go pound some sand.

Sark wants to be liked so I don't think he'll ever change as a coach. He may claim at his next job he's changed but he won't. He wants to be the star and wants everyone to like him.

Pool Boy shares the same traits why both are so overly concerned about what is being said about them on message boards, what press is tweeting about them, etc.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    For every Beamer and Saban out there, there are dozens and dozens of Chan Gaileys and Tyrone Willinghams out there.

Frank Beamer is the most overrated coach in the past 15 fucking years.

Put him in a real conference, with real competition and he would have been fired years ago.

He has been living off Michael Vick's wake since the turn of the century.

He's the fucking Doog great coaching hope ...
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I honestly think you have it or you don't. I think Sark is a self motivator. You see some guys like Saban or a Michael Jordan who are constantly competing with themselves to be the best ever.

Sark to me seems like a guy who wants to win but more importantly wants everyone to like him. He always wants things done on his terms. When shit is going bad he becomes a prick to the media, throws players and other coaches under the bus. When the team is doing good he's always the first one to brag about himself. "I'm coaching the #15 team in the country after we were 0-12".

Sark wants to be the star of the program. While James let his W-L do the talking for him. James wasn't friendly with the media and I get it the game has changed now. Still Saban, both Kelly's, Mora, etc their priority is to build the best team they can. If you like them? That's fine, if you don't? well you can go pound some sand.

Sark wants to be liked so I don't think he'll ever change as a coach. He may claim at his next job he's changed but he won't. He wants to be the star and wants everyone to like him.

Pool Boy shares the same traits why both are so overly concerned about what is being said about them on message boards, what press is tweeting about them, etc.
    I'm not a psychologist, nor do I try and pretend to be one ... what I would say ...

Any coach who comes to Washington will never live up to his full potential, because the pressure to win is not there.

To Damone's point ... James slept in his fucking office ... because he knew his ass would be fired if he didn't perform. Sark ... he knows 7-6 is a safe gig, so he delivers 7-6 ...

Force people to perform, or the turds float at water level in the toilet.
    topdawgnc said:

For every Beamer and Saban out there, there are dozens and dozens of Chan Gaileys and Tyrone Willinghams out there.

Put him in a real conference, with real competition and he would have been fired years ago.

That was part of the joke. Doogs are hoping Sark can be Beamer without realizing that this isn't the old Big East (RIP).
  • topdawgnc said:

I'm not a psychologist, nor do I try and pretend to be one ... what I would say ...

Any coach who comes to Washington will never live up to his full potential, because the pressure to win is not there.

To Damone's point ... James slept in his fucking office ... because he knew his ass would be fired if he didn't perform. Sark ... he knows 7-6 is a safe gig, so he delivers 7-6 ...

I fucked up on one part I meant Sark isn't a self motivator. He's not a guy who is going to push himself. He's going to need to be pushed to get it done and Pool Boy is the same way.

Our fan base prior to 2002 would have chewed those two up and spit them out while they were both asked to LEAVE! Now our fan base likes them because they are "trying".

Ty and Turner set the bar so low that as long as guys are "trying" to win then it's good enough.

Washington Football that we all grew up loving is DEAD! It's not coming back until these idiots are gone and somehow we luck out in hiring a good AD who truly "gets it".
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited October 2013

topdawgnc said:

That was part of the joke. Doogs are hoping Sark can be Beamer without realizing that this isn't the old Big East (RIP).

I like VA tech ( I call them Va Tech, I like calling them that ) because they play Enter Sandman when the team comes out of the tunnel. I don't think they play Jump Around at the end of the third quarter though. That's why I like Wisky. (I call them Wisky).
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tailgater said:

http://northwestfootballfucktards.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/dave-samek-speaks/

Kudos to you Husky fans that are hanging in there right now. Those that have not jumped off the deep end, I think you will be rewarded. The Tyrone hangover, the Emmert departure, the Woodward hire, the Sark hire, these have all led to some strange (although pretty isolated) behavior from the “fan base”. You may have seen the “I miss Washington” mantra chanted, or you may have been called a “doog” for finding anything positive about the current program, and you may get told that your hopes are “lather, rinse, repeat” if you feel the program is on its way back. Does that stuff really matter? It is a small minority, don’t let it spoil your fun. It’s not worth it and most can see it for what it is. Don’t fan the flames by engaging in rebutting it. My son asked me why another Husky fan would want to fight with another Husky fan….I didn’t have a good answer for him, other than it is very important for some to be right at all cost, and that cost it seems includes their support for the football program. Once lines in the sand get drawn, some can never turn back from it, sadly. The two consecutive losses sucked, but don’t let it wreck the big picture, which is still being constructed as of now.
    The original Dawgman is not only solidly of a different generation from mine, but also suffers from doogification after too close an association with loser-to-mediocre football over the past ten years. I don't believe we can or should fault Mr. Samek for embracing loser TyBall nor it's mediocre Sarkball replacement for unlike most of us, he committed himself to a business that relies on selling Husky Football with all it's warts and rotting bruises in a positive light. Too many doogs in Samek's generation who've decided that football must be a product derived from a process don't care to think of winning as a culture........ which it is and always will be.

It's a good question to ask why some Husky Fans snarl and growl at each other while both profess to support the same football program. We cannot expect the Dawgman to ever get itthat one is a frontrunner who can never accept losing at any cost,...... while the other is simply a loser always praying for victory while accepting that with each loss, there must be other monkeys in his tree taking all the fruit.

College football isn't beach volleyball with lines drawn in the sand. We each either insist on winning or as losers, accept some other result. As residing in the same Northwest Pacific region with WSU, we can't help but know what an institutionalized loser in collegiate football actually is and why they are what some of us know as cooglosers. The derisive term "doog" as a spinoff from coog isn't assigned to those who find anything positive about Husky football, past or present. The "doog" (which to me sounds a bit like Lebowski's "the dude") is I believe meant for those Huskyfans who don't just accept losing, but like their coogloser cousins are conditioned to realize that they should not expect too much in life. In otherwords, "the doog abides" if he ever hopes to be heard and respected at Dawgman.com.

Doog, like coog, is someone that focuses on beating Oregon, much like coogs focus on UW. As a coog who their two favorite teams are? Answer is WSU and whoever is playing UW. Coog. A doog says, beat Oregon, nothing else's matter.

I do think the definition as expanded. Incremental progress, moral victories, win or lose we booze ar doog/coog things.

And of course spending time and money to prop up a mediocre program which enables the mediocrity...doog
    topdawgnc said:

You missed the joke. It's okay, I didn't know Sven's anal joke until today. Hell, I have been claiming that my Hokies will dominate the world in ten threads already this week. Might even get a VTech avatar soon. BEAMER BABY!
    topdawgnc said:

Like the turds reference. Everything else spot on also. You win the internetz today.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tailgater said:

http://northwestfootballfucktards.wordpress.com/2013/10/14/dave-samek-speaks/

Kudos to you Husky fans that are hanging in there right now. Those that have not jumped off the deep end, I think you will be rewarded. The Tyrone hangover, the Emmert departure, the Woodward hire, the Sark hire, these have all led to some strange (although pretty isolated) behavior from the “fan base”. You may have seen the “I miss Washington” mantra chanted, or you may have been called a “doog” for finding anything positive about the current program, and you may get told that your hopes are “lather, rinse, repeat” if you feel the program is on its way back. Does that stuff really matter? It is a small minority, don’t let it spoil your fun. It’s not worth it and most can see it for what it is. Don’t fan the flames by engaging in rebutting it. My son asked me why another Husky fan would want to fight with another Husky fan….I didn’t have a good answer for him, other than it is very important for some to be right at all cost, and that cost it seems includes their support for the football program. Once lines in the sand get drawn, some can never turn back from it, sadly. The two consecutive losses sucked, but don’t let it wreck the big picture, which is still being constructed as of now.
    The original Dawgman is not only solidly of a different generation from mine, but also suffers from doogification after too close an association with loser-to-mediocre football over the past ten years. I don't believe we can or should fault Mr. Samek for embracing loser TyBall nor it's mediocre Sarkball replacement for unlike most of us, he committed himself to a business that relies on selling Husky Football with all it's warts and rotting bruises in a positive light. Too many doogs in Samek's generation who've decided that football must be a product derived from a process don't care to think of winning as a culture........ which it is and always will be.

It's a good question to ask why some Husky Fans snarl and growl at each other while both profess to support the same football program. We cannot expect the Dawgman to ever get itthat one is a frontrunner who can never accept losing at any cost,...... while the other is simply a loser always praying for victory while accepting that with each loss, there must be other monkeys in his tree taking all the fruit.

College football isn't beach volleyball with lines drawn in the sand. We each either insist on winning or as losers, accept some other result. As residing in the same Northwest Pacific region with WSU, we can't help but know what an institutionalized loser in collegiate football actually is and why they are what some of us know as cooglosers. The derisive term "doog" as a spinoff from coog isn't assigned to those who find anything positive about Husky football, past or present. The "doog" (which to me sounds a bit like Lebowski's "the dude") is I believe meant for those Huskyfans who don't just accept losing, but like their coogloser cousins are conditioned to realize that they should not expect too much in life. In otherwords, "the doog abides" if he ever hopes to be heard and respected at Dawgman.com.

Doog, like coog, is someone that focuses on beating Oregon, much like coogs focus on UW. As a coog who their two favorite teams are? Answer is WSU and whoever is playing UW. Coog. A doog says, beat Oregon, nothing else's matter.

I do think the definition as expanded. Incremental progress, moral victories, win or lose we booze ar doog/coog things.

And of course spending time and money to prop up a mediocre program which enables the mediocrity...doog I'm hearing that doog was coined on educk and it is just another term for a fusky fan.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406

I think UW is going to have to actually find a great coach out there. Not some unproven commodity with a good coaching tree or some "name" coach, but some guy like James was, laboring in obscurity at a place like Kent State. Of course, the script is continuing to play out as expected so... yeah.

Our next great coach maybe 175 south with strong ties to the UW and the NW and west coast ties. Nigel Burton (and Lester Towns) a quietly putting together a solid program at Portland State