Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Difference between Rs and Ds

2»

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I am conservative. I am voting for Trump. I think Trump is mostly terrible, but better than an even more terrible Hillary. Your point is invalid.

SMOD makes all of this mute.

This and Hondo rarely makes a valid point.

In my opinion, most people over the age of 40 more or less fall in the classically liberal camp, which is where I sit. Limited government, emphasis on individual rights as defined by the constitution, economic freedom, social freedom, and rule of law with the understanding that national defense, limited government regulation, and proper (just) law enforcement are required to make such a reality.

Hillary Clinton is a self described progressive, philosophically aligned with the Marxist foundations of that movement. She has led a corrupt and deceitful personal and political life that violates nearly every classically liberal tenet. There is no way I could vote for her, and I damn sure won't vote Hillary Johnson to make a statement as I do live in a state where my vote matters. Regardless of his foot in mouth disease, Trump is better than the alternative. This is the ultimate hold your nose while voting election cycle.

That said, we'll see if Trump makes it to the finish line. He's "plain speaking", lacks personal restraint and lacks tact, appealing to some, appalling to others. I predicted Hillary would be the next president before the primaries got into full swing. She has been on a coronation tour for nearly two decades and has nearly insurmountable advantages in terms of backing from nearly every media outlet, particularly those associated with pop culture. I still think my prediction holds, but hope to be wrong. We'll see this fall.
    So HRC is so bad that you find putting someone who doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time and who shows a major penchant for escalating petty arguments into major problems a better option? That's where I call BS.

Agree, Hillary sucks, but fuck off with Donald Trump. There's no ideological justification for DT as much as you all want try to find one. It's purely partisan politics. Just admit it.
    Your point cuts both ways though, depending on your viewpoint. We all agree both candidates are mostly terrible, but you (and others) see Trumps loudmouth no policies messicans suck statements as worse than me (and others) see Hillary's criminal tendencies and inability to tell the truth. Of course it's fucking partisan for many, and simple "which is worse" viewpoint for others. For me it's a bit of both. Trump is a dumbfuck most of the time, but I believe Hillary has engaged in criminal activities. For me, that's worse than Trump. YMMV.
    Email Protocol bigger deal than not knowing what you're talking about. Got it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I am conservative. I am voting for Trump. I think Trump is mostly terrible, but better than an even more terrible Hillary. Your point is invalid.

In my opinion, most people over the age of 40 more or less fall in the classically liberal camp, which is where I sit. Limited government, emphasis on individual rights as defined by the constitution, economic freedom, social freedom, and rule of law with the understanding that national defense, limited government regulation, and proper (just) law enforcement are required to make such a reality.

Hillary Clinton is a self described progressive, philosophically aligned with the Marxist foundations of that movement. She has led a corrupt and deceitful personal and political life that violates nearly every classically liberal tenet. There is no way I could vote for her, and I damn sure won't vote Hillary Johnson to make a statement as I do live in a state where my vote matters. Regardless of his foot in mouth disease, Trump is better than the alternative. This is the ultimate hold your nose while voting election cycle.

That said, we'll see if Trump makes it to the finish line. He's "plain speaking", lacks personal restraint and lacks tact, appealing to some, appalling to others. I predicted Hillary would be the next president before the primaries got into full swing. She has been on a coronation tour for nearly two decades and has nearly insurmountable advantages in terms of backing from nearly every media outlet, particularly those associated with pop culture. I still think my prediction holds, but hope to be wrong. We'll see this fall.
    So HRC is so bad that you find putting someone who doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time and who shows a major penchant for escalating petty arguments into major problems a better option? That's where I call BS.

Agree, Hillary sucks, but fuck off with Donald Trump. There's no ideological justification for DT as much as you all want try to find one. It's purely partisan politics. Just admit it.
    Your point cuts both ways though, depending on your viewpoint. We all agree both candidates are mostly terrible, but you (and others) see Trumps loudmouth no policies messicans suck statements as worse than me (and others) see Hillary's criminal tendencies and inability to tell the truth. Of course it's fucking partisan for many, and simple "which is worse" viewpoint for others. For me it's a bit of both. Trump is a dumbfuck most of the time, but I believe Hillary has engaged in criminal activities. For me, that's worse than Trump. YMMV.
    Honest question here. Ok, Hillary is a criminal, I'm cool with that. Do you think screwing investors (bankruptcy), screwing contractors (not paying them), and screwing students (not actually teaching anything) is better than what Hillary did?

I think they are fairly even in that realm.
    Nobody, and I mean nobody becomes a billionaire by being nice and playing by all the rules. So, I accept what I would call business criminality with Trump. It would be great if he was pure as the driven snow, but no billionaire is. The difference to me is, and some will not agree, is that Hillary is fucking around with the public trust. She is a politician/SecState and the bullshit she is pulling (Clinton Foundation) has a much more material impact on the country (in my estimation) than Trump suckering a few thousand idiots out of some money for a bullshit degree from Trump U. Hell, Phoenix Online still exists and morons have been forking over money to them for years.

So, basically, I think the level, scope and impact of Hillary's corruption is far beyond Trump. Most liberals, when being honest, would probably agree. But they won't agree on this message bored. Because everyone is entrenched. I have no problem saying the guy I am going to vote for has fucked people over. He has. No doubt. I wish Hillary supporters could see and admit what Hillary really is. It's obvious to anyone with eyes. (Queue @GrandpaSankey response)

Lastly, and I know you didn't ask about this, but there is one other big thing that bothers me about Hillary (besides the lies, corruption and selling influence)...she is so in the tank for special interests it is absurd. That's the one thing I think Trump really has over her... she is completely owned by Wall Street. When I read how much money Wall Street has given her, and how little it has given Trump, I knew I liked Trump. If the bankers are scared of you, you are my kind of guy. And I say that as a lifelong conservative...because I am a small government conservative, not a big business/bank conservative. Anyway, I'm off the original point and this is nearing a @Tequilla word count post, so that's it.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Honest question here. Ok, Hillary is a criminal, I'm cool with that. Do you think screwing investors (bankruptcy), screwing contractors (not paying them), and screwing students (not actually teaching anything) is better than what Hillary did?

Nobody, and I mean nobody becomes a billionaire by being nice and playing by all the rules. So, I accept what I would call business criminality with Trump. It would be great if he was pure as the driven snow, but no billionaire is. The difference to me is, and some will not agree, is that Hillary is fucking around with the public trust. She is a politician/SecState and the bullshit she is pulling (Clinton Foundation) has a much more material impact on the country (in my estimation) than Trump suckering a few thousand idiots out of some money for a bullshit degree from Trump U. Hell, Phoenix Online still exists and morons have been forking over money to them for years.

So, basically, I think the level, scope and impact of Hillary's corruption is far beyond Trump. Most liberals, when being honest, would probably agree. But they won't agree on this message bored. Because everyone is entrenched. I have no problem saying the guy I am going to vote for has fucked people over. He has. No doubt. I wish Hillary supporters could see and admit what Hillary really is. It's obvious to anyone with eyes. (Queue @GrandpaSankey response)

Lastly, and I know you didn't ask about this, but there is one other big thing that bothers me about Hillary (besides the lies, corruption and selling influence)...she is so in the tank for special interests it is absurd. That's the one thing I think Trump really has over her... she is completely owned by Wall Street. When I read how much money Wall Street has given her, and how little it has given Trump, I knew I liked Trump. If the bankers are scared of you, you are my kind of guy. And I say that as a lifelong conservative...because I am a small government conservative, not a big business/bank conservative. Anyway, I'm off the original point and this is nearing a @Tequilla word count post, so that's it.
    Donald became a billionaire when he was born HTH.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

As you say, no one becomes a billionaire without ripping people off (tho bill gates, Paul Allen, Steve ballmer, Warren buffet, etc. would all disagree). But no one becomes a presidential nominee without corruption.

The wall Street deal.... Trump loves money. He's bought off people and been bought off, it's just different people than special interests, as I agree Hillary is completely bought off by special interests. But Trump will be as well one he sees the money he will get from them.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

If you had ever had a security clearance you would understand that what she did wasn't an e-mail protocol issue. And e-mail isn't what I am talking about anyway, the Clinton Foundation is. I'm having trouble seeing what you are so worried about? 81 percent chance your corrupt cunt wins in November. You should be happy.

Sounds like you need some Crossfit to burn off some energy.

• Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

As you say, no one becomes a billionaire without ripping people off (tho bill gates, Paul Allen, Steve ballmer, Warren buffet, etc. would all disagree). But no one becomes a presidential nominee without corruption.

The wall Street deal.... Trump loves money. He's bought off people and been bought off, it's just different people than special interests, as I agree Hillary is completely bought off by special interests. But Trump will be as well one he sees the money he will get from them.
    As far as Trump being bought off in the future, I get the feeling that while he isn't as rich as he would have us believe, he is rich enough that he doesn't need to be bought and paid for. You are correct though that he *might* fall to political corruption and pay for play.

However, we KNOW Hillary has sold influence, so I guess I'll take a maybe over a for sure.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

If you had ever had a security clearance you would understand that what she did wasn't an e-mail protocol issue. And e-mail isn't what I am talking about anyway, the Clinton Foundation is. I'm having trouble seeing what you are so worried about? 81 percent chance your corrupt cunt wins in November. You should be happy.

Not worried. I just find The doog excuse making here to be fascinating.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    The best rationale for Trump is that he'll be disinterested and have a gridlocked Congress. Nothing much happens.

• Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

What about the Clinton foundation? Do you mean the same Clinton foundation Trump donated to and admitted it was for special treatment? If you are using that, both are complicit again.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hillary broke the law.

Trump didnt.

Case closed.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The best rationale for Trump is that he'll be disinterested and have a gridlocked Congress. Nothing much happens.

If all he accomplished in 4 years was fixing the VA I'd be happy. The rest of the time I'd just stare at Ivankas tits.
  • Options
    Add @Fenderbender123 to the R list that'll do anything to defend Trump.

Holy fuck he's had a busy day.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm actually an anarchist. I won't be voting for either Hillary or Trump. I sit back and I defend people against bullshit attacks and reasons to dislike them. I've done it for Hillary, and I've done it for Trump. I've done it for a lot of celebrities, and even people I hate.
  • Options

I'm actually an anarchist. I won't be voting for either Hillary or Trump. I sit back and I defend people against bullshit attacks and reasons to dislike them. I've done it for Hillary, and I've done it for Trump. I've done it for a lot of celebrities, and even people I hate.

You can't defend the stupid shit Trump says. Seriously. Every day. Even Newt Gingrich said today Trump is a shill for Hillary.

Here's a serious question. Do you think Trump has the temperament to be president. To sit in meetings all day long and be engaged. Be informed about every issue. Have an intelligent conversation with other world leaders?

I give Trump shit about everything. But at the core, that's the issue with Trump.