Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

i fucking hate Oregon

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2013

Learn how to quote then pop off people.

well he fucked it all up first by quoting the entire fucking thread. :)

i'm just out of special ed when it comes to the web.

fixed ... as good as it'll get with me driving.

• Options
    DisplacedDawgDisplacedDawg Member Posts: 42
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "Super comeback, Buford." What, are you 15?

If I need to be more clear, I really could care less what you think. But please, carry on, internet superiority guy. I'm sure you will. I'm glad you found your corner of the world where you can feel self-important.
  • Options

If I need to be more clear, I really could care less what you think. But please, carry on, internet superiority guy. I'm sure you will. I'm glad you found your corner of the world where you can feel self-important.

No, I'm much older than 15.

No, you don't need to be more clear, except that the phrase, which escapes you (because you're a dumb fucking donkey), is that you could not care less. Because if you could care less, then you must care a little, and your dumb fucking point would be entirely pointless.

Moreover, when people really don't care what other people think of them, they don't keep making stupid posts trying, in vain, to put them in their place. It only makes it marginally more embarrassing when they completely shit the bed in the process.

We all need our corners, now don't we, phraseology fuck-up guy?

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dnc said:

dnc said:

yesterday you motherfuckers were calling me a doog for saying everyone hates Oregon.

edited for accuracy
    I said "everybody BUT THEIR FANS hates them.
    Duly noted.

That's still why you were called a doog.

Plenty of non Oregon fans like Oregon these days. They aren't some nationally reviled football program. They're actually pretty revered.

nope. that's Notre Dame you are thinking.
    Notre Dame is seen as an overrated program, that gets too much credit for what they were 20+ years ago. You can go mostly everywhere around the country right now, and Oregon is probably the 3-5 most favored team from their fan bases. That is right now, of course if Helf becomes Sark things will change quickly. But right now Oregon is very well respected, just watch sports center for 15 minutes.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

dnc said:

yesterday you motherfuckers were calling me a doog for saying everyone hates Oregon.

edited for accuracy
    Duly noted.

Plenty of non Oregon fans like Oregon these days. They aren't some nationally reviled football program. They're actually pretty revered.

Notre Dame is seen as an overrated program, that gets too much credit for what they were 20+ years ago. You can go mostly everywhere around the country right now, and Oregon is probably the 3-5 most favored team from their fan bases. That is right now, of course if Helf becomes Sark things will change quickly. But right now Oregon is very well respected, just watch sports center for 15 minutes.
    Helf's already done more than Sark ever has.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

dnc said:

dnc said:

edited for accuracy
    Duly noted.

while I could never prove it, I have a sense that the public turned on them a little with the deal they got with the networks, coupled with everyone watching them, for years, get invited to bowl games they had no business being invited to (and proven by subsequently losing said bowl game). I think that engendered a lot of "what the fuck?" among the general cfb watching population.

of course, they have their fanbase, and it is a national following. there is no doubt that there is the ND fan out there.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dnc said:

dnc said:

edited for accuracy
    Duly noted.

while I could never prove it, I have a sense that the public turned on them a little with the deal they got with the networks, coupled with everyone watching them, for years, get invited to bowl games they had no business being invited to (and proven by subsequently losing said bowl game). I think that engendered a lot of "what the fuck?" among the general cfb watching population.

of course, they have their fanbase, and it is a national following. there is no doubt that there is the ND fan out there.
    Agreed, but they are very polarizing. Outside of Seattle and Corvallis, Oregon isn't very polarizing.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    with ND it is the catholic population. They love ND.

I don't agree that Oregon falls in the same class.
  • Options

with ND it is the catholic population. They love ND.

I don't agree that Oregon falls in the same class.

yeah, I wouldn't say so either. but there's the "Catholic population", of which I am a member, and there's the Catholic population, of which I am not. The latter is a much smaller population than the former. We're not like the Mormons, where you're in or you're out. Catholics exist on a spectrum, and a lot of us are part-timers or in-name only. I agree with you that the Catholic Catholics like ND. So do people in Chicago and meat-head blue collar Rudy fans, and then there are just people who like ND. They got a huge head start and have a lot a lot of history.

Discussing Oregon's national image in that context is, at best, confusing. I think all that's being said here in dispute with your OP is that Oregon doesn't seem to have that hate thing going on like, say, Miami did in the 80s. That's a team everyone hated, with the exception of their fans and contrarians like me.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

edited for accuracy
    Duly noted.

you're usually a good poster, but you are way out over your skis pushing this one. it's really just not the case.

maybe ND still has the national cache they've had in the past. I don't know. My sense is that the bloom is a little off that rose, but maybe not. the fact you bring it up though, since it's irrelevant to your point, tends to suggest desperation to win a losing argument.
    CC just used very flowery and nice language to say you are PRESSING.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

edited for accuracy
    Duly noted.

I live in Virginia. I see a big O on a car at least a couple times a week.

Oregon is a national program now.

We are a second tier shit regional program at best.

Thanks Woodward/Emmeret/Gerbs/Babs/Turner/Softy/Kim/Fatters/NAACP/Loser Fans with low expectations/Etc
  • Options

No, you don't need to be more clear, except that the phrase, which escapes you (because you're a dumb fucking donkey), is that you could not care less. Because if you could care less, then you must care a little, and your dumb fucking point would be entirely pointless.

Moreover, when people really don't care what other people think of them, they don't keep making stupid posts trying, in vain, to put them in their place. It only makes it marginally more embarrassing when they completely shit ithe bed in the process."

Thank you, Mr. Urban Dictionary. I am well aware of the phrase in its correct form (regardless that the idiom has become so common that most of us know what it means anyway). Still, I always enjoy when someone who is supposedly "much older than 15" feels the need to use typing omissions or grammatical errors on the internet as the basis for their suppositions. Do I have any typos or punctuation errors, too?
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Moreover, when people really don't care what other people think of them, they don't keep making stupid posts trying, in vain, to put them in their place. It only makes it marginally more embarrassing when they completely shit ithe bed in the process."

Thank you, Mr. Urban Dictionary. I am well aware of the phrase in its correct form (regardless that the idiom has become so common that most of us know what it means anyway). Still, I always enjoy when someone who is supposedly "much older than 15" feels the need to use typing omissions or grammatical errors on the internet as the basis for their suppositions. Do I have any typos or punctuation errors, too?
    And here I thought that nobody cared what I thought.

You are a crafty one. With your clever slight of hand and deft drafting skills, we almost miss what you're doing here. I'm impressed that you can scrape enough mental shit film from your dirty ass crack of a brain with which to base at least a feeble defense of your stupidity.

Like I said (<< a phrase we use when we've actually said, or at least alluded to, something before), you are a dumb fucking donkey. Are you related to Oregondawg? Your brand of stupid rings familiar.
  • Options
    Ah yes, the old "I don't really have anything intelligent to say so I'm just going to resort to insults" bit. Always a sure sign of a deep thinker. But you're right, I must be dumb because I keep waiting for something more profound from you. Sadly, though, it seems you are incapable and just one-dimensional. Stick to being the grammar police.
  • Options
    this discussion is too analytical. I hate oregon. The whole world hates them. End of story.
  • Options
    Agreed. And that really was the point from the beginning.
  • Options

Ah yes, the old "I don't really have anything intelligent to say so I'm just going to resort to insults" bit. Always a sure sign of a deep thinker. But you're right, I must be dumb because I keep waiting for something more profound from you. Sadly, though, it seems you are incapable and just one-dimensional. Stick to being the grammar police.

You are so right. I'm not clever enough to think of something as deep and intelligent as "I don't care what you think." That is profound and multi-dimensional shit right there. If only it were true.

If you're waiting for profound from me, you are in for a long wait. I just need to be about krisvashon smart to manage my affairs with you.

You should consider starting over. You argue like a girl.
  • Options

Agreed. And that really was the point from the beginning.

I could care less what the original point was. I'm looking for profound and multi-dimensional thoughts and your contributions deliver.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You got me. Good stuff. You are a true genius. I shrink to your perceived sense of superiority. After all, if you've said it, it must be true. Have fun.
  • Options
    analytical, well-reasoning thinking is the kind of thing on doogman. please no long-winded careful arguments here. anybody with half a brain can post on the internet.