Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why UW Marketing Sucks; Ryan Madayag Edition

If you want to see why the UW Marketing Department is a shit show, this article is a link inside the brain of the Director of Marketing and Game Day Experience.

This is the first person Jen Cohen should have fired. His ideas in this article scream incompetence, and he is, in fact, incompetent.

ticketingtoday.com/is-your-team-losing-sell-the-fan-experience/

Here is a little clip from the article:

He said emphasis is also placed on entertaining halftime shows and talented national anthem performers.

“We wanted to book those that are associated with the community and to highlight some of the great artists that we have in town,” Madayag said. “Also, I was in charge of selecting some of the cheerleaders — you’ve got to have great dancers and great entertainment at the games, and those are really some of the things that attracted fans like my mom.”
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Here is a podcast he did a few years back, I have not listened yet. I need to get in the right emotional mindset before I can.

sportstao.com/ep-286-ryan-madayag-marketing-director-university-washington/

#ScorchedEarth #ImSickOfOurIncompetentAD #ItsTuesday
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This was from two years ago....thank God for that at least. I thought this was posted today.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    EwaDawg said:

“Really, I wasn’t just marketing to the football fans or sports fans, I was marketing to people like my mom to make it a party, an event,” Madayag said.

FUCK IT ALL.

So, non sports fans are going to shell out $150/200 for a pair of tickets to watch *Fat, hairy, non-athletic cheerleaders and a national anthem singer?

No fucking wonder the stadium isn't sold out.

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey, I got this email today.

As a benefit for being a 2016 Husky Football Season Ticket Holder, you are invited to the annual "Dawgs Under the Stars" event at Husky Stadium. Enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience under the stars on Alaska Airlines Field in Husky Stadium with up to four guests on Friday, July 22 . It's an exclusive night of family fun with the movie "Finding Nemo" on the video board and an opportunity to sleep on the same turf where the Dawgs play! Also, you can have a delicious breakfast buffet on Saturday morning for only $8.00.
    View all the event details and reserve your spot here . Space is limited and the deadline to RSVP is Wednesday, July 13.
    If you have additional questions, please reach out to your Husky Season Ticket Account Manager or email tickets@uw.edu or call the Husky Ticket Office at (206) 543-2200

So fuck you guys who don't know how to create a "buzz" about our (?) football teams. I'm gonna sleep on the same turf that My (!) Dawgs play. Fuck straight off if you don't think the AD has it going on. I got room for 4 guests. Who's in?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2016
    Alexis said:

As a benefit for being a 2016 Husky Football Season Ticket Holder, you are invited to the annual "Dawgs Under the Stars" event at Husky Stadium. Enjoy a one-of-a-kind experience under the stars on Alaska Airlines Field in Husky Stadium with up to four guests on Friday, July 22 . It's an exclusive night of family fun with the movie "Finding Nemo" on the video board and an opportunity to sleep on the same turf where the Dawgs play! Also, you can have a delicious breakfast buffet on Saturday morning for only $8.00.
    View all the event details and reserve your spot here . Space is limited and the deadline to RSVP is Wednesday, July 13.
    If you have additional questions, please reach out to your Husky Season Ticket Account Manager or email tickets@uw.edu or call the Husky Ticket Office at (206) 543-2200

So fuck you guys who don't know how to create a "buzz" about our (?) football teams. I'm gonna sleep on the same turf that My (!) Dawgs play. Fuck straight off if you don't think the AD has it going on. I got room for 4 guests. Who's in?

They won't be doing that sort of thing at Autzen that's for sure.

BTW what time does the gang bang start anyway?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2016
    Alexis said:

I know you are being sarcastic but this sounds like a fun event for my 6 year old son and I.

So piss off.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Dear fucking God ... Add this to my rant list
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2016
    He should look into how the Seahawks seem to sell out every home game.

If this fuckstick thinks his target market is mommy, then that is exactly who it will be. Too bad he is missing the mark on actual football fans who want a winning team and care little for the extraneous bullshit. I don't give a flying FUCK what our game day experience is like. The only thing I care about is the score on that fucking scoreboard.

Figure. It. Out.

Or don't. Roll Tide I guess.

I'll probably continue being numb to this program and eventually leave the state. You pussies can keep it.

It says something about how much I care about UW football that I still voluntarily talk about it on the internet, but it says far more that I won't touch this program with a 10 foot pole.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

The anthem singer should be thrown into the cut and given the Luca Brasi treatment ... I make it a point to time my arrival for after that blowhard finishes the anthem

A blowhard avoiding a blowhard.

Intriguing.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I tend to rant, blowhard some of the time, be a sarcastic smart ass the rest
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    Sell beer in the stadium. No beer in the student section. Attendance and game day atmosphere problem solved. You're welcome.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

The anthem singer should be thrown into the cut and given the Luca Brasi treatment ... I make it a point to time my arrival for after that blowhard finishes the anthem

A blowhard avoiding a blowhard.

Intriguing.
    Real cunty poast, DJ.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    So his mom likes to party. Good to know. She DTF?