Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Cohen Hire = Lazy, Self-Congratulatory Nepotism

124»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    CaptainPJ said:

I find talk of hiring Jen because she's a woman hilarious when mediocrities like Pool Boy are hired simply because they're there, and look vaguely important.

Hate her for being part of the money-losing culture of the AD, but attacking her simply for being a woman paints you into the same corner that Puppy is in with Woody.

No one's is attacking her because she's a woman, you dolt. The hiring is being attacked because it is clearly based solely on the fact that she's a woman, with the benefit of her work experience in the AD - there aren't any other tangible qualifications that would remotely stack up against other candidates if they went out and searched to hire a winner (male, female, gay, or straight).

Comprende?
    Like I said in one of the last two podcasts, if they did a thorough search and found someone (man or woman) absolutely kicking ass somewhere and winning at life, hire them and let them come in and clean house and bring a fresh new winning outlook, like Jerry Dipoto did. But it's the same old incestuous, self-congratulatory bullshit.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

CaptainPJ said:

I find talk of hiring Jen because she's a woman hilarious when mediocrities like Pool Boy are hired simply because they're there, and look vaguely important.

Hate her for being part of the money-losing culture of the AD, but attacking her simply for being a woman paints you into the same corner that Puppy is in with Woody.

No one's is attacking her because she's a woman, you dolt. The hiring is being attacked because it is clearly based solely on the fact that she's a woman, with the benefit of her work experience in the AD - there aren't any other tangible qualifications that would remotely stack up against other candidates if they went out and searched to hire a winner (male, female, gay, or straight).

Comprende?
    Like I said in one of the last two podcasts, if they did a thorough search and found someone (man or woman) absolutely kicking ass somewhere and winning at life, hire them and let them come in and clean house and bring a fresh new winning outlook, like Jerry Dipoto did. But it's the same old incestuous, self-congratulatory bullshit.
    "You can't flag a moderator's post, even when he forgets the Angels fired Dipoto for sucking."
  • Options
    Founders Club

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    "You can't flag a moderator's post, even when he forgets the Angels fired Dipoto for sucking."
    They fired him because of he clashed with the manager
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    It's easier than that.

Anyone who has worked in the UW AD for the last 18 years is unqualified to run a Power 5 AD
    This is the better arg.
  • Options
    Founders Club

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    It's easier than that.

Anyone who has worked in the UW AD for the last 18 years is unqualified to run a Power 5 AD
    This is the better arg.
    That's implicit in my point
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I wasn't responding to you.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hot GoT talk. Can we get some LotR discussion next time?

Bane breaks Gandalf's back.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    It's easier than that.

Anyone who has worked in the UW AD for the last 18 years is unqualified to run a lemonade banana stand
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we're going to BASH banana stand I am OUT.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    A little abundance
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    Yeah...that looks like a bad hire.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    He quit
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

CaptainPJ said:

Comprende?
    I'm hearing we are fortunate to have an AD that will keep athletics in its 'proper perspective' within the University's mission.