Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Central to play Portland State two weeks prior to PSU vs Huskys

2»

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,567 Founders Club
    The three people I knew who went to Central were not geniuses by any stretch. I kind of doubt two of them, or possibly all three, cracked four digits on the SAT (back when it was 1600). This was the late 90s and things change, but to argue it's there with UW academically seems ludicrous. I'm sure there are departments there that are good. WSU and whOregon have good communications departments. Arizona State has a good journalism school. Arizona is strong in some sciences I think. None of those schools are close to most UC's or Warshington.

AOG continues to trot out the same tired argument every few weeks and always gets hammered. LOL
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

It's Paul Allen's team

Reality
    ---------

Seahawks -> Paul Allen's team
    Huskys -> Mostly California's team, the defensive interior from the Federated States of Micronesia, occasionally a guy from this state
    Central -> Players from Washington
    Why would you want football players from the most pussified state in America?
    That's Oregon. Eugene. The anarchists.

The three people I knew who went to Central were not geniuses by any stretch. I kind of doubt two of them, or possibly all three, cracked four digits on the SAT (back when it was 1600). This was the late 90s and things change, but to argue it's there with UW academically seems ludicrous. I'm sure there are departments there that are good. WSU and whOregon have good communications departments. Arizona State has a good journalism school. Arizona is strong in some sciences I think. None of those schools are close to most UC's or Warshington.

AOG continues to trot out the same tired argument every few weeks and always gets hammered. LOL

as far as I have ever known, it makes no difference at all which of the universities you attend at the undergraduate level. It's more like how much work the person puts into it, and what their personality is like in the end.

haie said:

UW is to Central both academically and athletically what I am to my bedroom toilet at about 6:10 am every weekday.

Get over it.

actually it is more like you that needs to give up on delusions that the UW is a "world class" facility. Actually I know it fairly well. It ain't. In certain areas it is nationally good, but not internationally. That would be more like Stanford and MIT.
    Kill yourself
    I thought it was illegal to advise somebody to commit suicide. Somebody in Minnesota was brought up on charges. He frequented depression forums. Staff? Mods? CW commits felony? Does 10 years? OK!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2016

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

UW is to Central both academically and athletically what I am to my bedroom toilet at about 6:10 am every weekday.

Get over it.

actually it is more like you that needs to give up on delusions that the UW is a "world class" facility. Actually I know it fairly well. It ain't. In certain areas it is nationally good, but not internationally. That would be more like Stanford and MIT.
    Cool story bro. I know for a fact that UW isn't "world class" but the WSU's, Easterns, Oregon States, and Centrals of the world should probably shut the fuck up just in case someone decides to deviate attention from UW and poke around at what they have going on (spoiler: they won't, because you're fucking Central/WSU/OSU).

I know our unqualified lezbo president just sat up there with our fat unqualified AD, but the butthurt that flows through the non UW alums in this state is hilarious.
    well, look... as far as football goes, yes, UW is much better. I'm not insane. It would be 99-0 if there was a matchup (this year anyway). But then again, Huskie players are typically not from this state. It is maybe 10% to 20% from this state. Central players are almost all from this state. So when you say "Washington football" what does that even mean? If it's Huskie football it means players from California and the Polynesian islands...

Academically Washington has some solid engineering undergrad. The music school and business school.... I don't see how these would be rated superior to CWU. UW has massive undergrad classes. You don't see that kind of crowding at Central. Obviously the graduate schools are better at the UW since Central only grants a subset of master's. But the whole business about how UW is better than the other schools is bullshit, by and large. There are a lot of good schools, not just in this state, but nationwide.
    You have no fucking idea of what you are speaking about, trust me. UW will always be THE institution in WA, UO will always be the institution in OR. Instant brand recognition, instant credibility and opportunity among employers in these areas. It's not fair, and it will never change. I'm fine with it, since it has benefited me numerous times. Go to the hardcore Wildcat boreds if they exist or forever shut your dumb fucking ass.
    The key little slip you made in your rant is the concession that 'it's not fair" because that implies that my argument that the UW assumed to be better is bullshit is more or less correct: Had you said "it IS fair" then it would have implied the contrary, that there is some objective reason for your snobby superior attitude. Keep arguing. I'll beat you at your own game without insults.
    lol, I'm not trying to make an argument, it is simply reality in the myopic Pacific Northwest.

Ill give you some credit though, your ass pain isn't because your some stuck up Vancouver parent whose kids got rejected to the school. They are easily the worst.
    I guess I thank you for the second. I'm inclined to think if you did go to the U you dropped out or were expelled. An argument is not always obvious, you would have learned had you taken logic and paid attention. I think you said CWU academics were a toilet compared to your shining education. So you make that argument and back it up with snobbery as your premises.
    I like to claim that a school is overrated and then assume that people who went there must have dropped out. I do that.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

haie said:

Get over it.

Kill yourself
    I thought it was illegal to advise somebody to commit suicide. Somebody in Minnesota was brought up on charges. He frequented depression forums. Staff? Mods? CW commits felony? Does 10 years? OK!
    You are REALLY bad at this... Christ...
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,152

It's Paul Allen's team

Reality
    ---------

Huskys -> Mostly California's team, the defensive interior from the Federated States of Micronesia, occasionally a guy from this state
    AoG - I would buy your argument if Central managed to land a recruit that UW was chasing (except for one the got kicked off UW's team). What's so good about having shit tier players on a shit tier team?

EwaDawg said:

It's Paul Allen's team

Reality
    ---------

AoG - I would buy your argument if Central managed to land a recruit that UW was chasing (except for one the got kicked off UW's team). What's so good about having shit tier players on a shit tier team?

In that case I made no argument. An argument has to contain some conclusion supported somehow by what was said. All I said up here was what is written and that CWU has players from mostly this state. That is just a fact, not an argument.

This is a bottom 10 thread in the history of Hardcore Husky.

I'm proud to have thrown the second tire into the inferno.

Perfect little scrimmage for #OurVikings to start the defense of the Hoover Cup.

I honestly hope your Vikings beat both these fsggot WA teams. And they'd be doing it with white, Washington born players too, so AOG would still have something to beat off to after.
    haie said:

Perfect little scrimmage for #OurVikings to start the defense of the Hoover Cup.

I honestly hope your Vikings beat both these fsggot WA teams. And they'd be doing it with white, Washington born players too, so AOG would still have something to beat off to after.
    you should keep your own erotic fantasies and images to yourself.

you are really having a hard time with the whole concept of Central and the Huskys playing the SAME TEAMS I see. I upsets your little mental hierarchy.