Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thiebs to the TWolves

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rose doesn't play anymore

He'll break down and injure the Wolves young talent and choke in the playoffs

Same movie different town.

This how I know you weren't alive for the George Karl Sonics
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rose doesn't play anymore

He'll break down and injure the Wolves young talent and choke in the playoffs

Same movie different town.

This how I know you weren't alive for the George Karl Sonics

I guess we'll see. It's easy to run the east with a generational talent like Lebron, but Thibbs has some promising pieces to lay his legacy or not. Wiggins and Towns are top tier potential. Lavine isn't that good and it will be the interesting to see what he decides to do with that piece of the puzzle.

I truly feel like the 3-4 year drama of is Rose going to be Rose again really hamstrung the development of his program. Having an in his prime years former MVP underperform/not play at all is a very tough situation to navigate. Imagine if Durant never returned to form this season. How long do you sit on that investment? It was pretty clear from Thibs media interactions he was over DRose well before the front office was.

In a players league, that's tough to handle.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

Rose was healthy when Lebron took over on defense against him in the 4th quarter and shut him down and won the series.

Thibs never won shit. Doog fucking legend. Off season champs. NO natty

That's why when he gets fired the same squad misses the playoffs. If coaching matters, that's proof right there.

If you want to argue he is the NBA equivalent to 7-6 or Mike Riley does more with less, then i'll listen a little more.

As of right now, I see a guy who never missed the playoffs and did it with a broken shell of a #1, a past his prime #2, and a hodge podge of who? All while battling the front office.

Harbaugh:49ers is Thibs: Bulls.

I'm excited to see him with young talent and control. LIPO.
    Making the playoffs in the East is not an accomplishment.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Rose was healthy when Lebron took over on defense against him in the 4th quarter and shut him down and won the series.

That's why when he gets fired the same squad misses the playoffs. If coaching matters, that's proof right there.

If you want to argue he is the NBA equivalent to 7-6 or Mike Riley does more with less, then i'll listen a little more.

As of right now, I see a guy who never missed the playoffs and did it with a broken shell of a #1, a past his prime #2, and a hodge podge of who? All while battling the front office.

And yet the Bulls couldn't do it without Thibs.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been talking about D Rose Jello Knees for years now.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

They hired a fucking coach from Iowa State.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

They hired a fucking coach from Iowa State.
    If there was ever a league that deserved the motto "jimmies and Joe's over X's and O's" it's the NBA. Thibbs never had a bonafide superstar (functional and healthy) and still made it every year. As soon as he is replaced because of off the court beef with the front office, the franchise tanks.

He clearly has a positive impact. With personnel control and a young talented roster, he'll write his story in the next 3 years.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rose was really young back then. I remember LeBron getting punked by the Celtics a few times.

I think Rose was always kind of overrated. He took a ton of shots and it was fine because the Bulls had the best defense, but I don't consider him a loser because LeBron on the Heat dominated him. LeBron was in his prime.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Towns was unbelievably good for a 19 year old. There is nothing he can't do and it's not like the league is full of good bigs. He will be the best center in the league within the next year or two.

The Wolves are intriguing and Thibs can make any team great on D. It's a great hire imo.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thibs could be a great hire. He has to pull back on minutes. If he hasn't learned anything and just runs these guys into the ground then it's a terrible hire.

It's also possible that Thibs is a defensive George Karl. But it's also possible the Bulls just weren't ready in Rose's MVP season. Then Rose got hurt and they were never for real after that.

Basically I'm saying I can see both sides and don't have the guts to choose one.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

DRose getting injured is not the same as being overrated.

I would argue just the opposite. Rose getting injured and continuing to sit out well after he was medically cleared to play has everything to do with him being a fucking pussy and thus not having a killer instinct. Which has everything to do with him being overrated.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

DRose getting injured is not the same as being overrated.

I would argue just the opposite. Rose getting injured and continuing to sit out well after he was medically cleared to play has everything to do with him being a fucking pussy and thus not having a killer instinct. Which has everything to do with him being overrated.
    What? That's dumb.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Race will end up being right because the T Wolves won't ever win a title, but for Minnesota, Thibs was a great hire.

They will be a lot better with him as their coach. He is a better coach than the other retreads and assistants that are normally hired.
  • Options

Race will end up being right because the T Wolves won't ever win a title, but for Minnesota, Thibs was a great hire.

They will be a lot better with him as their coach. He is a better coach than the other retreads and assistants that are normally hired.

Sark is better than Ty POTD.