Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Seeds of Revolt and Revolution

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,914
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Bernie doesn't get WA super-delegates after winning 3:1. The people of CO aren't even allowed to vote, bequeathing Trump delegates to Cruz. Left, right or indifferent, people everywhere ought to be spitting-mad their vote isn't being heard or respected.

These are NOT the ideals our country allegedly stands for. Every citizen has the right to have their voice heard.

Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it. These actions of the establishment are the true seeds of revolt and revolution. Now more than ever, get the establishment and their money out of politics.

For the people, by the people.

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    NOGAF, tldr; Bieber
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Bernie doesn't get WA super-delegates after winning 3:1. The people of CO aren't even allowed to vote, bequeathing Trump delegates to Cruz. Left, right or indifferent, people everywhere ought to be spitting-mad their vote isn't being heard or respected.

These are NOT the ideals our country allegedly stands for. Every citizen has the right to have their voice heard.

Those that don't study history are doomed to repeat it. These actions of the establishment are the true seeds of revolt and revolution. Now more than ever, get the establishment and their money out of politics.

For the people, by the people.

Agreed, what's going on is total BS, on both sides, but understand that we are (or at least are supposed to be) a constitutional republic, not a pure democracy. The system is supposed to provide some protection for the individual (the minority) from the mob rule that pure democracies devolve into.

IMO, this primary season is putting a bright light on corruption in the delegate selection process. There are too many paths (beyond being elected) to becoming a delegate, and the current system essentially allows for some of them to be bought and paid for. The GOP risks implosion at this point, the same should be true of the Democrat Party, but they seem to be okay with what's going on so long as their candidate wins the general election. At this point, IMO, it's going to take a real threat from a third party to blow up the system.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2016
    Either way it will be chinteresting.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

If Trump and Bernie both get fucked by their parties, I would love to see them agree to both run independent. 4 horse race instead of 2. Prevent anyone from hitting 270 and thereby create chaos.

Chinteresting proposition.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2016
    NEsnake12 said:

If Trump and Bernie both get fucked by their parties, I would love to see them agree to both run independent. 4 horse race instead of 2. Prevent anyone from hitting 270 and thereby create chaos.

That's an interesting proposition, but it would just send the vote to the House floor. The establishment still owns Congress. That means the establishment still wins.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pawz said:

NEsnake12 said:

That's an interesting proposition, but it would just send the vote to the House floor. The establishment still owns Congress. That means the establishment still wins.
    Fair point. GOP controlled congress, so Cruz would win. And at this point I'd take anyone over Cruz.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

NEsnake12 said:

This is the real sticking point. Until we remove the Electoral College threshold needed to win the presidency, this two party system is going to remain the status quo. I don't fault the DNC or RNC for what they're doing; they're looking out for their best interests and have every right to do so as they are still private organizations. The problem is that there are way too many barriers to entry to allow an additional party (or parties) to compete on a level playing field with the Rs and Ds.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Things always have to get worse before they get better ... still a way to go.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

NEsnake12 said:

This is the real sticking point. Until we remove the Electoral College threshold needed to win the presidency, this two party system is going to remain the status quo. I don't fault the DNC or RNC for what they're doing; they're looking out for their best interests and have every right to do so as they are still private organizations. The problem is that there are way too many barriers to entry to allow an additional party (or parties) to compete on a level playing field with the Rs and Ds.
    Excellent post, salient points, kudos.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,111
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

If Trump and Bernie both get fucked by their parties, I would love to see them agree to both run together on an independent ticket. 4 3 horse race instead of 2. Prevent anyone from hitting 270 and thereby create chaos.

Now that crispiness would REALLY fuck the establishment.
  • Options
    Trump realized this GOP power grab to deny voters input and seize control of the Colorado delegates back in August when the rules were changed.

Today, he seems unprepared... at best... to leverage advantage from this.

Was Trump, trumped? Or is it something else going on here?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

My guess is that if you took a poll a majority of Americans would say that "our two party system" is in the Constitution.

Indirectly it is in the Constitution due to the electoral college. In our history, there has been other meaningful parties, but the Constitution is geared toward 2 parties.

I can't wait until Cruz calls for eliminating the electoral college.
  • Options
    hondo... always pressing
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

My guess is that if you took a poll a majority of Americans would say that "our two party system" is in the Constitution.

Indirectly it is in the Constitution due to the electoral college. In our history, there has been other meaningful parties, but the Constitution is geared toward 2 parties.

Had you not replied at all it would have been a better take than this reply
    Race. Shit poster as always.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Had you not replied at all it would have been a better take than this reply
    Race. Shit poster as always.
    Hurtful.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2016

NEsnake12 said:

If Trump and Bernie both get fucked by their parties, I would love to see them agree to both run together on an independent ticket. 4 3 horse race instead of 2. Prevent anyone from hitting 270 and thereby create chaos.

Now that crispiness would REALLY fuck the establishment.
    Too bad they agree on a lot less things than they disagree. Hating the establishment and trade policy are the only two major ones.

Edit: also campaign finance.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2016
    2001400ex said:

Why do you hate the Hamilton vs Jefferson feud? If you had actually read any history, you would know bicameral infighting didn't begin until Washington's first cabinet.

Hope this fucking helps.