Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bench Press Numbers

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I'm hearing that Kim is telling people that the importance of the bench press is so 20 years ago. I wonder why the NFL combine places a premium on it:

Bench press repetitions of 225 are the standard. This is more than just an exercise for the biggest and strongest linemen. Most all players need upper body strength to excel. Even those at the "finesse" positions, such as wide receiver, use their arms and shoulders to release from, or shield, their opponents. Scouts don't get overly concerned with bench press numbers for a receiver or a quarterback, but the test is critical for offensive and defensive lineman. A lineman benching fewer than 20 times raises red flags.

nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d80ecd9a3&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I wonder how people rate max bench press numbers for O-linemen:

Rating Max Weight
Superior 400
Excellent 380
Very Good 355
Good 330
Average 300
Marginal 260

criticalbench.com/sportstraining.htm

Hey Kimmy, you still don't know shit about football and it's showing with each and every ignorant statement you make as you try to prop up Sark.

Comments