Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaw is a liar

Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs

And pointing it out doesn't make anybody a doog.

Sark should have won that game, and the fake injuries aren't the reason he lost.

But that doesn't change the fact that Stanford has done it before, and it is poor sportsmanship.

In this clip, Stanford is called out by the announcers on national TV for doing it.

Shaw is a liar.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawg said:
    It deserved it's own thread.

With a headline pointing out that Shaw is a liar.

And that has nothing to do with Sark being a shitty coach.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited October 2013
    Score Board Baby! He out coached us. (Not that's hard to do.)

• Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Maybe Shaw's a liar ... So what? Sark is a whiny bitch who should know by now when to STFU but doesn't. Who would you rather have? I like Shaw in this one. Oh, fuck this thread.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If they faked or not no one will be able to 100% tell...just the the "no" catch on fourth down.
    The part the gets me is this:

" ...Skov and Gardner were evaluated on the field. You know -- when play was being held up. "

Get their butts off the field and evaluate them. Keep play moving.
  • Options
    AlCzervik said:

Maybe Shaw's a liar ... So what? Sark is a whiny bitch who should know by now when to STFU but doesn't. Who would you rather have? I like Shaw in this one. Oh, fuck this thread.

I agree Sark should have STFU, but Shaw's response is a blatant lie, and I think that is just as sad. This thread is about Shaw, not Sark.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2013
    Your_Mom said:

AlCzervik said:

I agree Sark should have STFU, but Shaw's response is a blatant lie, and I think that is just as sad. This thread is about Shaw, not Sark.
    Sark's is much worse. Shaw could give two shits what Sark thinks, which means he's moving on. Sark is going to be crying about this until gameday, which doesn't help when you have SECWestCoastLite part duex coming to your place.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Your_Mom said:

AlCzervik said:

Sark's is much worse. Shaw could give two shits what Sark thinks, which means he's moving on. Sark is going to be crying about this until gameday, which doesn't help when you have SECWestCoastLite part duex coming to your place.

Shaw's whiny little bitch press conference and chest thumping using Harbaugh's W record against UW, exaggerated grad rates, and Harbaugh's BCS bowl games says your wrong. Shaw was overly defensive and showed that the fat Tiger Woods actually gives more than two shits.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    LawDawg1 said:

Your_Mom said:

AlCzervik said:

Shaw's whiny little bitch press conference and chest thumping using Harbaugh's W record against UW, exaggerated grad rates, and Harbaugh's BCS bowl games says your wrong. Shaw was overly defensive and showed that the fat Tiger Woods actually gives more than two shits.
    Great Dooging as always.

• Options
    Shaw's BCS record doesn't change the facts that his presser was way over the top for a guy that "doesn't care what Sark thinks".

He obviously cares a lot. Nobody who didn't care would "press" as much as he did.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't see how you excuse Shaw for doing the same thing Sark did. Shaw is a liar
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I don't see how you excuse Shaw for doing the same thing Sark did. Shaw is a liar

Stanford travels to Utah while UW has Oregon this week. That's how, and that's why it's worse
  • Options
    Shaw resorts to classic liar speak, going off about all kinds of unrelated stuff -- only the Furd equivalent of a Doog would believe him.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Gameday sign: "David Shaw = Fat Tiger Woods"
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Or "Steve Sarkisian = Fat Cher"
  • Options

Or "Steve Sarkisian = Fat Cher"
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2013
    Seven looks like he layed off a couple extra doughnuts in the off season and got a little extra excercise as scout team QB.

CoogLJ's lack of comments on Sark's weight speaks volumes.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Seven looks like he layed off a couple extra doughnuts in the off season and got a little extra excercise as scout team QB.

CoogLJ's lack of comments on Sark's weight speaks volumes.

His new visors are slimming. God our Coach is a faggot.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Your_Mom said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeH-cNIcDs

And pointing it out doesn't make anybody a doog.

Sark should have won that game, and the fake injuries aren't the reason he lost.

But that doesn't change the fact that Stanford has done it before, and it is poor sportsmanship.

In this clip, Stanford is called out by the announcers on national TV for doing it.

Shaw is a liar.

Fake injuries are traditional in college football going way back in my knowledge to the late 1940's. Mostly in the past, such tactic was used to stop the clock when a team is trying to score late in a game or before halftime and is out of or low on timeouts. Rules have been passed to prevent this and we don't see it much any more. One thing that helped with clock management and helped the fake injuries on offense go away was stopping the clock to more the sticks on first downs.

The most infamous example of faking injuries was in 1948 or 1949(?) when Notre Dame used it to beat a great Army team on a last minute drive and touchdown to end the game. The Irish were coached by the legendary Frank Leahy I believe. We didn't have TV in Boise yet, but ND games were broadcast nationally every Saturday and I as an 8 or 9 year old at the time always listened to the play-by-play. I was 8 or 9 years old and as I recall, an Irish player probably a lineman would fake injury on just about every down and stay down until carried off the field while the ND offense huddled and got ready in position on the line to snap the ball when the clock started. The injured Irish players would each stay on the sideline for one or two plays before coming back in to be injured and carried off again. The tactic worked for a score and a major ND win over Army and I haven't had an ounce of respect for Irish football since. I still remember the disgust I had listening to that game even though I was very young and just getting interested in football.

What Stanford is doing is obviously different and done for a different reason than in the past and I suspect other teams will do the same or are doing it now. Rules will have to be changed to either slow the hurry-up offenses down or prevent the fake injuries by not allowing the injured players to return to the field until say...... after the ball changes possession. It's unfortunate, but football coaches will do just about anything to win if they are allowed to and if you don't believe that, just think about the much bigger problem football at all levels is now having with spearing and the resulting injuries. A lot of that dirty play doesn't happen unless it's coached or allowed by coaches at all levels, even in pee-wee ball.