Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking: Coach Pete sarcastic & bitter toward increased WBB attention

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Might as well not even play the games
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Full answer with previous two questions:

(What are the expectations for the season? People are talking about the Apple Cup this year maybe being played with a Rose Bowl berth on the line) “You’re talking about stuff so far away…I don’t want that to be the expectation of this team. I want it to be on Wednesday. I mean that sincerely. I know that’s so easy for the coaches to talk about but if they are thinking about that…if they are thinking about that right there, there’s probably a good chance we’re not going there. We need to be thinking about how good they’re going to be on Wednesday and get a little bit better. And it really needs to be like that; how good can this spring ball be? If we’re talking about going to the Rose Bowl, that is so out of whack right now. It’s not even fair. It’s the wrong thinking.”

(On Deontae Cooper transferring) “Coop…great kid. We all know that. Wanted more touches. He thinks this opportunity is going to give him a chance to do that.”

(On the women’s basketball team making the Final Four) “Oh yeah, I think it’s tremendous. You talk about just keeping things, staying focused and kind of almost flying under the radar and just getting better at the most important time…really excited for them and I think it’s great…that’s what we ought to be looking at, the women’s basketball team. Not Rose Bowls. Let’s stay focused on that. One game, one day at a time - and if we can have that mentality, maybe we can get something done. Hat’s off to the gals for sure.”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/huskies-insider-blog/article68640267.html#storylink=cpy
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Dardanus said:

(What are the expectations for the season? People are talking about the Apple Cup this year maybe being played with a Rose Bowl berth on the line) “You’re talking about stuff so far away…I don’t want that to be the expectation of this team. I want it to be on Wednesday. I mean that sincerely. I know that’s so easy for the coaches to talk about but if they are thinking about that…if they are thinking about that right there, there’s probably a good chance we’re not going there. We need to be thinking about how good they’re going to be on Wednesday and get a little bit better. And it really needs to be like that; how good can this spring ball be? If we’re talking about going to the Rose Bowl, that is so out of whack right now. It’s not even fair. It’s the wrong thinking.”

(On Deontae Cooper transferring) “Coop…great kid. We all know that. Wanted more touches. He thinks this opportunity is going to give him a chance to do that.”

(On the women’s basketball team making the Final Four) “Oh yeah, I think it’s tremendous. You talk about just keeping things, staying focused and kind of almost flying under the radar and just getting better at the most important time…really excited for them and I think it’s great…that’s what we ought to be looking at, the women’s basketball team. Not Rose Bowls. Let’s stay focused on that. One game, one day at a time - and if we can have that mentality, maybe we can get something done. Hat’s off to the gals for sure.”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/huskies-insider-blog/article68640267.html#storylink=cpy

Coog it up, Coog it up!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    Caple sucks as a troll.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

Dardanus said:

Sheeeeit, there ya go ruining #Twetters with context and chinsight and shit.
    Your* welcome.

*Your
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

Caple sucks as a troll.

Disagree. Caple's okay. Certainly better than Jude.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TTJ said:

Caple sucks as a troll.

Jude was covering women's basketball today
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Caple sucks as a troll.

No way man. Jude is awesome for being a duck troll making the huskies look bad.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm actually proud of Pete for that quote. It's a lot better than, "it's so hard" or when he talked about it being harder at UW to recruit.

LIPO, but it seems this team actually believes. I still question whether 9-4 will be celebrated though. I hope not.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    TTJ said:

Caple sucks as a troll.

Tallest midget contest.