Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Draw to Trump

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,895 Founders Club
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/donald-trump-voters/401408/?utm_source=SFFB

(Besides an attack helicopter) I identify most with #8 and #29, tho a couple other's hit home.

If you like #MyTrump in this one rather easily, which ones hit home for you?

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Trump is going to lose too
    Race gargles Trumps balls daily
    Race loves losers

HTH
    Swaye said:

Here's my favorite excerpt from a letter (pretty sure @RaceBannon wrote this):

But I know that Trump, unlike Obama, loves America. Trump has never lied to me whereas all of the other Republican politicians (like McConnell & Boehner) have. They don't fight for my side. They cave to Obama ahead of time. Nobody fights for my side. Trump fights. Trump wins. I want an Alpha Male who is going to take it to the enemy. I am tired of supporting losers. I used to vote for President based on their positions. Now I am going to vote for President based on emotion. I want a strong man to be president, an Alpha male, somebody who is going to rip the other side a new one. I am tired of losing the fight before we even have a fight. That is why I support Donald Trump.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,355 Founders Club

Race loves losers

HTH

Swaye said:

But I know that Trump, unlike Obama, loves America. Trump has never lied to me whereas all of the other Republican politicians (like McConnell & Boehner) have. They don't fight for my side. They cave to Obama ahead of time. Nobody fights for my side. Trump fights. Trump wins. I want an Alpha Male who is going to take it to the enemy. I am tired of supporting losers. I used to vote for President based on their positions. Now I am going to vote for President based on emotion. I want a strong man to be president, an Alpha male, somebody who is going to rip the other side a new one. I am tired of losing the fight before we even have a fight. That is why I support Donald Trump.

Hurtful.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Race loves losers

HTH

Swaye said:

Hillary Clinton is UCLA football. HTH
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,824

I like a few of those but this is what really caught my attention.

I have been a liberal practically all of my life (29 years). I am an atheist, and my first ever Presidential vote was cast for John Kerry. I more or less despised George Bush, and even though I leaned toward Hillary in 2008, I voted for Obama in 2012. I support gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, and many other liberal positions.

I do, however, believe that our country is in a terrible position and on a terrible track. Trump strikes many of my nerves, but one of the most accurate and dangerously true statements he has made is that "America doesn't win anymore." I agree. The world is rising while America falls. America and its leaders seem resigned to this fact. Rather than stiffening their spine and fighting to make America a prosperous nation for all, they simply talk, go through the motions, throw out a few "red meat" issues to keep their respective bases satisfied, and continue to concede American jobs and economic strength to the rest of the world.

To friends and family, I have long railed against the fact that America uses Presidential rejects and other back-bench political cronies as their chief negotiators. John Kerry (yes, the man I voted for) was out-negotiated time and time again by his Russian counterpart. And now, it appears that the same thing has happened once again with the Iran negotiators. This all ties back to the same fundamental thread: politicians have failed this country, leading to one loss after another.

I do not believe that I am a racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other negative label that has been affixed to Trump supports. Rather, I feel that political correctness has run amok in this country, and we now live in a society where every blogger and Twitter user is searching for the slightest offense so they can try to ruin another human (famous, or not). The average person is afraid of expressing any controversial opinion in a public forum for fear of being "exposed," made viral, and ruined, personally and/or professionally. It is heartening to see someone as confident and impervious to criticism as Trump standing up to this ever-present mob…and winning! People tend to support the underdog. Most media outlets have attacked Trump with so much vitriol that they have turned him into a sympathetic figure.

Yes, I really do feel that Donald Trump has the interests of America at heart. He has already made his money and lived a life of glamour and fame, and another few billion dollars won't have any real impact on his quality of life. Rather, I genuinely believe that Trump feels the need to fight for the country he loves. There once was a time when people could actually feel proud to be Americans, and Trump comes from a generation that experienced that feeling. Now, many are embarrassed to be associated with this country. Jobs are being outsourced with reckless abandon and this country is literally being hollowed out. Economic statistics do no justice to this reality, and the average American knows this to be true.

Trump supporters feel that a confident, strong-willed leader is needed to right the ship and to fight back against the perpetual decline this country has experienced for the last two-plus decades. And to be honest, I feel that Trump is our only hope in this next election. This is coming from someone who voted for Obama in the last election! Anyway, that's my story and the main reasons why I support Trump. I didn't plan out this response for days or try to make this all-inclusive, but this should give you a fair idea of why I, a liberal, support Donald Trump for president.

This isn't what I would write, word for word, but it's damn close. It's cool to see someone in a similar age range, with a similar pov on politics and religion on this team with me.

It's always special when flaming liberals are hoodwinked by the demagogue du jour.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I refuse to settle for Trump or Hillary now that Bernie is all but done.

Not that my vote matters in a state like WA, but still. Nope.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club

It ain't over til it's over!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

It's over
    edited March 2016
    I don't care what the polls say right now, the Trump train is going to run Hillary over.

I don't care if certain conservatives don't want to admit it, but election wise, Donald Trump is the Republican's Obama.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I don't care what the polls say right now, the Trump train is going to run Hillary over.

I don't care if certain conservatives don't want to admit it, but election wise, Donald Trump is the Republican's Obama.

You couldn't be more wrong.

HTH
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    2001400ex said:

HTH
    Well you could be. They have some similarities. They're both mirror candidates, you see what you want in them.
  • PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675

Race loves losers

HTH

Yep, Hillary will defeat Trump rather easily, say 340-170?
    Peterman said:

Race loves losers

HTH

Yep, Hillary will defeat Trump rather easily, say 340-170?
    U-Haul of North SeattleWebsiteDirections
    26 Google reviews
    $ · Truck Rental Agency
    Address: 16503 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133
    Phone:(206) 542-7447
    Hours: Closed now

Just helping a friend out
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,895 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

HTH
    Arizona123 hath spoken!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club
    edited March 2016

It's over
    That's what the mainstream media has been chirping for weeks. They've picked their candidate and their narrative.

In reality, Sanders is kicking ass in the polls in the Far West and most of those states have yet to vote or caucus. It's true that most of the states here are low to medium population, but if he can win California too, it's anything but over. People here don't buy Hillary's bullshit and let's face it, he polls better with whites.

Hills is pathetic. Her campaign manager made some "We just have to hold on" quote regarding some Midwest state. How pathetic is it to blow 20-50 point leads in a few months with the huge war chest she has? People can see right through her.

It's over
    That's what the mainstream media has been chirping for weeks. They've picked their candidate and their narrative.

In reality, Sanders is kicking ass in the polls in the Far West and most of those states have yet to vote or caucus. It's true that most of the states here are low to medium population, but if he can win California too, it's anything but over. People here don't buy Hillary's bullshit and let's face it, he polls better with whites.

Hills is pathetic. Her campaign manager made some "We just have to hold on" quote regarding some Midwest state. How pathetic is it to blow 20-50 point leads in a few months with the huge war chest she has? People can see right through her.
    If there were winner take all states then I'd agree, but with only split delegate states, Bernie has no chance making up the 30 point prison rape results in 8 states.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I have been as unrealistically hopefull about Bernie as possible but it's fucking over.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    "and this country is literally being hollowed out." sigh, had a good thing going too