Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bruce Irvin sells the couch!

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Off to the Raiders.

On king5 and in passing, buttfuckers.

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Who are the Hawks going to find to replace the ill-timed personal fouls that he brought to the table?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Good player, not a great one. Almost certainly going to be overpaid. I wish they could have kept him but not for what Oakland will be paying him.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Good player, not a great one. Almost certainly going to be overpaid. I wish they could have kept him but not for what Oakland will be paying him.

I believe we get a third round draft pick from this.
  • Options

dnc said:

That's still TBD. I haven't seen numbers released on his deal yet, IIRC it will have to be in the top 4 FA contracts and above a certain dollar threshold that I don't recall in order for it to get us* a third rounder.

It's probably more likely a 4th round comp pick. The only 3rd round comp the Hooks have gotten recently that I recall is the one this year for Byron Maxwell, and that deal was massive. I'll be surprised if Irvin's is that big.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

That's still TBD. I haven't seen numbers released on his deal yet, IIRC it will have to be in the top 4 FA contracts and above a certain dollar threshold that I don't recall in order for it to get us* a third rounder.

It's probably more likely a 4th round comp pick. The only 3rd round comp the Hooks have gotten recently that I recall is the one this year for Byron Maxwell, and that deal was massive. I'll be surprised if Irvin's is that big.
    Probably not even a 4th. Malik Jackson, Janoris Jenkins, and Kelechi Osemele all got more. Olivier Vernon will certainly get more as well. Maybe Alex Mack as well.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Good fucking riddance. One of the most overrated Seahawk players ever.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    We needed someone opposite Khalil.
    Front loaded the fuck outta his contract. We had billions to spend and don't want him on the books in the future.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Probably not even a 4th. Malik Jackson, Janoris Jenkins, and Kelechi Osemele all got more. Olivier Vernon will certainly get more as well. Maybe Alex Mack as well.
    I'm thinking it will be one of the lower 4s. Sweezy might net a lower 5th or higher 6th.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    According to the excellent overthecap.com, Irvin's deal projects as one of the high 4th round comp picks, with currently only the 5 3rd round comps ahead of it so far (with Osemele's being the smallest of the five at $11.2 per year, leaving a lot of room between his and Irvin's for other deals to bump Irvin down). They also currently have Sweezy as the second highest 5th and Mebane as the highest 6th.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

...we...

Warren, is that you?