Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recasner says...

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

And with the way the system is set up I guess they both have to go ... but neither are anywhere close to ready to play grown man hoops

Murray will be fine. He's not even close to ready, but being around the Seattle NBA players will help him once he's there. He has a great skillset other than shooting.

I'm not sure about Chriss. Great talent, but a stupid player. If you have a low b ball iq in college, it's hard to be enthusiastic about his chances in the pros.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,133
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LoRo should recruit some shitty payers from Federal Way instead of good ones from Beach and Garfield.

Problem solved.

In all fairness, he would make just as many NCAA tournaments with those players
    That was kind of the joke. That and taking a jab at DJ for his Federal Way comments.
    You obviously haven't seen them play then
    Actually I have. More than once in fact.

I strongly encourage you to step out of my wheelhouse.
    What about them didn't you like? The game that I saw, they had size and athleticism, and I was most impressed with their discipline and patience. They continuously passed up on taking an okay shot to get a great shot. I walked away from there thinking that they would definitely repeat as champs and they did.

They were something like 28-0 and repeated as champs. What more could anyone ask them to do.
    I'm not saying they didn't have a successful season.

I'm saying that Beach would push their shit in. So would Garfield. O'dea, EC, Lakeside, Cleveland would all challenge them.

The 4A state champ would be lucky to finish 4th in the Metro league. A league Beach and Garfield DOMINATE.

Are we done here?
    Okay sounds good. I thought you took the stance somewhere that they were "shitty". Maybe that was somebody else. I review hundreds of posts a day.
    Maybe learn the difference and don't be such a twister. ;).

brb, blonde.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Murray will be fine IF and when he develops a jumper ... if he doesn't he is nothing more than an 8th or 9th man
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    MelloDawg said:

LoRo should recruit some shitty payers from Federal Way instead of good ones from Beach and Garfield.

Problem solved.

That was kind of the joke. That and taking a jab at DJ for his Federal Way comments.

What about them didn't you like? The game that I saw, they had size and athleticism, and I was most impressed with their discipline and patience. They continuously passed up on taking an okay shot to get a great shot. I walked away from there thinking that they would definitely repeat as champs and they did.

They were something like 28-0 and repeated as champs. What more could anyone ask them to do.

I'm saying that Beach would push their shit in. So would Garfield. O'dea, EC, Lakeside, Cleveland would all challenge them.

The 4A state champ would be lucky to finish 4th in the Metro league. A league Beach and Garfield DOMINATE.

Are we done here?
    Okay sounds good. I thought you took the stance somewhere that they were "shitty". Maybe that was somebody else. I review hundreds of posts a day.
    Maybe learn the difference and don't be such a twister. ;).

brb, blonde.
    Do you run your own hobby bored? That's what I thought. ;)
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

And with the way the system is set up I guess they both have to go ... but neither are anywhere close to ready to play grown man hoops

Murray will be fine. He's not even close to ready, but being around the Seattle NBA players will help him once he's there. He has a great skillset other than shooting.

I'm not sure about Chriss. Great talent, but a stupid player. If you have a low b ball iq in college, it's hard to be enthusiastic about his chances in the pros.
    Spot on. I just read that Wroten is about to sign a multi-year with the Knicks. If Wroten can make it, Murray will be just fine.

As for Chriss, he really is a dumb basketball player. At least he's consistent.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I hope they enjoy the D league.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,803
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Problem solved.

Are we done here?
    Dude, sometimes there is daylight outside of two-dads' basement walls. There is more to life than a hobby bored.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Recasner also said on his twatter after George Zimmerman killed Obama's son and got off that brothers had to go around and start shooting white guys. So he has that going for him, which is nice.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I could see Chriss going pro maybe after his junior year, but he has nothing special to offer the NBA right now. Murray needs at least another year too - he's too slight.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

You mean like the black hole Jamaal Crawford. Maybe He can give him some real estate advice as well...

Assuming Grinolds isn't available anyway.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    priapism said:

I could see Chriss going pro maybe after his junior year, but he has nothing special to offer the NBA right now. Murray needs at least another year too - he's too slight.

1) you completely miss the point of potential in any draft
    2) being paid millions is still better than being paid college scholarship
    3) Very few players vastly improve their draft value from Freshman(when they are hot blondes in the draft) vs Junior when everyone knows you have genital warts.

If Chriss and Murray get first round locks from teams, they should go. Selfishly I want them to stay but the way the nba works is all on potential. Their skill will not somehow increase exponentially where a 18 year old from duke, or unc or michigan state may have a better ceiling than a junior Murray/Chriss. It's a stupid system, but everyone should readily admit it isn't set up for those to stay.

The only guy i've posted that should stay in years was TW. That was because he couldn't shoot and couldn't dribble with an off hand, and he didn't have a first round lock in many draft boards. If he signs multi year with the knicks I was proven wrong as he will likely have a 10 year career muddling around as a bench guy(still not a bad life). But if TW can make it with his lack of skill set I think Chriss can learn not to foul people.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

You mean like the black hole Jamaal Crawford. Maybe He can give him some real estate advice as well...

Black hole or not, he's been in the league for 16 years and can probably play a few more if he chooses.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Problem solved.

Are we done here?
    Dude, sometimes there is daylight outside of two-dads' basement walls. There is more to life than a hobby bored.
    I've heard you need to ban the trolls or else things will get out of control.
    Alexis said:

Recasner also said on his twatter after George Zimmerman killed Obama's son and got off that brothers had to go around and start shooting white guys. So he has that going for him, which is nice.

He seems to have had a grudge toward me after I interviewed him about Hurricane Katrina. He felt the flooding was intentional to hurt blacks as I recall.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

If Crawford maintains his career scoring average, he'll pass Steve Nash and Magic Johnson this season, and Dr J., and Isiah Thomas next year on the NBA all-time scoring list.

You'd piss all over yourself for his career.
    Downvoted for assuming that I haven't already.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If Romar played Timmins this year, this would all be a mute poont.