Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DJ, Race, PLSS a Q..

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
When did a legal block that is relevant to the play, in front, above the waist, not helmet to helmet become unecessary roughness? Jesus that call was maybe the worst of the year.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    they changed the rule, dumbest rule in football outside of hands to the face
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dhdawg said:

Bullshit.

There has been no change to blocking.

It's fucking Pac12 refs being the fucktards they are.

Even the fucking announcers were shocked.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club
    the refs were just doing their jobs... just like the prison guards at Auschwitz

(Okay, maybe a ridiculous exaggeration, but still...)
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

When did a legal block that is relevant to the play, in front, above the waist, not helmet to helmet become unecessary roughness? Jesus that call was maybe the worst of the year.

That was the one fuckup I saw from the officials all night.

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Truth. Kikaha's and Shelton's hands to the face penalties were a tad cheap but by the book.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PF call on Daniels was an absolute joke. They punted that series though IIRC.

Hands to the face on #8 early was a joke but I'm pretty sure they ended up punting that series anyways.

Holding call on the 4th and inches, first Husky series, also a joke. That one stung.

Stanford OL got away with some of the most flagrant, non-called holds I've ever seen in the first half. I know this goes on all the time but a couple were on the perimeter where everyone could see them. Again, they didn't score on those possessions.

Of all the blatantly bad calls or non-calls, only the phantom holding on that early Husky possession may have affected the outcome.
  • Options
    chuck said:

PF call on Daniels was an absolute joke. They punted that series though IIRC.

Hands to the face on #8 early was a joke but I'm pretty sure they ended up punting that series anyways.

Holding call on the 4th and inches, first Husky series, also a joke. That one stung.

Stanford OL got away with some of the most flagrant, non-called holds I've ever seen in the first half. I know this goes on all the time but a couple were on the perimeter where everyone could see them. Again, they didn't score on those possessions.

Of all the blatantly bad calls or non-calls, only the phantom holding on that early Husky possession may have affected the outcome.
    The hands to the face call was on #80, not #8. It was a clear foul.

The hold was a tackle by Charles at the point of attack. Again, a clear foul.

The holds I saw against Stanford early were away from the play. Those should generally be ignored.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The hands to the face call was on #80, not #8. It was a clear foul.

The hold was a tackle by Charles at the point of attack. Again, a clear foul.

The holds I saw against Stanford early were away from the play. Those should generally be ignored.

That's right. I forgot about that explanation.

Totally disagree on the hold on Charles. Bang bang play, 4th and inches, a cheap hold that had no affect.

I don't see holding unless it's directly affecting the play since I tend to watch the ball carrier and whomever is chasing him. The two worst Stanford holds I saw were, 1) a tackle from behind by a guard on a run that went right through his hole, and 2) a prolonged shirt grab by the right tackle or TE, not sure, on a run around the right end.

• Options
    The hold by Charles prevented the Stanford LB from making a tackle for a loss. On fourth down, that's a pretty big deal.
  • Options

the refs were just doing their jobs... just like the prison guards at Auschwitz Doogman

Fixed.
  • Options
    Founders Club

the refs were just doing their jobs... just like the prison guards at Auschwitz Doogman

Fixed.
    LOL. Good one.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I wonder if Kim is secretly planning a Final Solution?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    I hate the hands to the face rule, not saying it wasn't properly enforced
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

What was the rule? Blocking too hard is illegal?
  • Options

dhdawg said:

What was the rule? Blocking too hard is illegal?
    It's only illegal if you commit a targeting foul on a blind-side block. Since it wasn't called targeting, it should not have been a foul at all.
  • Options
    Football in general has become a soft pussy game.

Within 20 years this game will be two hand touch.
  • Options
    brchco12 said:

Football in general has become a soft pussy game.

Within 20 years this game will be two hand touch.

Pac-12 football is soft, the SEC is still enjoying knocking people the fuck out
    Football as a whole is soft. The NFL, college football is all soft. Only the SEC is old school.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Refs are job-scared. Don't wanna join soup line with Kitty and co! Serious, and its a problem. The "defenseless "player was about to tackle return man. Starting to dislike college football.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That penalty on Daniels was crap. the stanford guy was about to attempt a tackle and Daniels made a clean block. The way the rules are interpreted in the pac12 there are two ways Daniels could have avoided a penalty making that block: 1) play in a different conference, 2). Set a pick like in the game of basketball, basically let the guy run into you without forcing the hurt on somebody.