Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do the Hooks make it back to the Superbowl next season?

SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
If they improve the O line and defensive tackles/pass rush I don't see why not. The NFC is ripe for letdown seasons by Carolina (Superbowl loser's curse) and Arizona (Palmer is done). Green Bay is still good but no one is really scared of them in the playoffs. The big key I think is if they decide to hang onto Jimmy Graham's corpse or not. Cutting him frees up $9 million in cap space which pays for an elite player or two very good ones.

The reality is that Bevell and Cable are still employed here, so they probably lose in the NFC title game by running the ball up the middle over and over again.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would give them a 25% chance. They have as good of chance as anyone else.

They better cut Graham. They will have tough decisions with Okung, Irvin, and Kearse. Last year was a good draft, especially when you factor in Rawls. They need another one. They didn't have very good drafts (for them) the two previous years before last.

I don't mind Bevell or Cable. They have made me mad many times, but continuity is important when you are winning. The offense had a stretch where it was really good. I'm a little more concerned about the defense. We were spoiled by such dominant defenses that merely being pretty good felt like we fucking sucked. Guys are starting to get to the age where they fall off.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think they make it back if a) Rawls is 100% and stays healthy b) the offensive line moves from worst in the league to top 22ish. c) Graham comes back 100% (they aren't going to cut him after one year after giving up I get and a first for him and s 4th when he wasn't a problem in the locker room) d) the defense doesn't take another step back.

I like Bevell more often than not, I hate Cable but he's not going anywhere. They've got all the pieces, the second place schedule versus the Panthers and Cards first place, and plenty of motivation. Right now if I have to take one team to win it all (no field) I'm taking the Hooks.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Carolina returns everyone plus Kelvin. They are going to be tough

(Everyone except jarad Allen)
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

And they go from playing the easiest schedule in the league to one that will be significantly more difficult.

Carolina plays great when there's no adversity, but they fold when things get tough.

I would bet the under on 10 1/2 wins for them next year.
    Sure. But that division is terrible. I would bet the over at 11-5
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I think they make it back if a) Rawls is 100% and stays healthy b) the offensive line moves from worst in the league to top 22ish. c) Graham comes back 100% (they aren't going to cut him after one year after giving up I get and a first for him and s 4th when he wasn't a problem in the locker room) d) the defense doesn't take another step back.

I like Bevell more often than not, I hate Cable but he's not going anywhere. They've got all the pieces, the second place schedule versus the Panthers and Cards first place, and plenty of motivation. Right now if I have to take one team to win it all (no field) I'm taking the Hooks.

I hope you are wrong about Graham. I saw enough that I'm not going to get enticed by his ability again. Carroll and Schneider seem pretty cold blooded. Using his 9 million to help fix the OL is nothing to sneeze at. They know the offense did better without him. Fix the OL and let Baldwin go off again.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    During the "Big Lo style 12's Era" of Seahawk football:

-Blown out in one half by Atlanta
    -SB victory over arguably the pussiest SB opponent in history
    -SB loss in which white midgets tore them a new asshole, followed by the worst call in SB history
    -Blown out in one half by a regular season warrior team.

I don't know, I just don't see it for this franchise. They'll still be a wildcard/2nd round kind of team that will have all the sports fans in the northwest sucking them off though.
  • Options
    haie said:

-SB loss in which white midgets tore them a new asshole, followed by the worst call in SB history

I don't know, I just don't see it for this franchise. They'll still be a wildcard/2nd round kind of team that will have all the sports fans in the northwest sucking them off though.

The fuck?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2016
    dnc said:

And they go from playing the easiest schedule in the league to one that will be significantly more difficult.

Carolina plays great when there's no adversity, but they fold when things get tough.

I would bet the under on 10 1/2 wins for them next year.
    7/11 and Real $$$ and alot of them anytime...

They won't win 15 but they can sleep walk there way to 12 given the 6 gimmees on their schedule next year.
  • Options
    Everyone talking about upgrading the line on O.

What about the D that gave up a ton of yards and points to almost every offense with a pulse last year sans the last AZ game where AZ laid down.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

What about the D that gave up a ton of yards and points to almost every offense with a pulse last year sans the last AZ game where AZ laid down.

They didn't lay down, that just happened to be one of the few games where Seattle's pass rush was actually good. But yes, improving the pass rush is a big deal. As is Kris Richard not having Sherman play 10 yards off his man.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

You mean like the Minnesota game? :wink:
  • Options

salemcoog said:

You mean like the Minnesota game? :wink:
    Minnesota sucks.

Whoosh Me.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

The fuck?
    Yeah, I don't think they're making a SB next year or anytime soon. Fuck off.

The NFL is such a parity/draft-driven league that if you are making the SB at a clip on par with Buffalo/Minnesota then you need to be fucking contracted. If Seattle does somehow manage to get back on top I'll concede that they are officially an elite franchise for this decade, however the more likely scenario is that they'll just be a very solid team that won't make it back.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My Pepsi is 0% juice.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Let's see what happens in the offseason with FA and the draft. Just like with college, it's too early to make good proclamations.

I'm 80 to 90% sure they'll make another Super Bowl with this core.

It's probably partially wishful thinking, but I can easily see Scarolina go back to 8-8 or 9-7. They were 7-8-1 the year before and I'm not saying they got lucky, but they got a good schedule and got on a roll, similar to the 2005 Hawks. Those Hawks could have been 14-2 if they played starters against Green Bay.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

The fuck?

The NFL is such a parity/draft-driven league that if you are making the SB at a clip on par with Buffalo/Minnesota then you need to be fucking contracted. If Seattle does somehow manage to get back on top I'll concede that they are officially an elite franchise for this decade, however the more likely scenario is that they'll just be a very solid team that won't make it back.
    Agree about the parity. And obviously the field is a wiser bet than the Hawks for next year's Super Bowl. Still, they have a case for being the best team in the league. That isn't hooking, it's just the truth.
  • Options

haie said:

haie said:

The fuck?

Agree about the parity. And obviously the field is a wiser bet than the Hawks for next year's Super Bowl. Still, they have a case for being the best team in the league. That isn't hooking, it's just the truth.
    And with Wilson being around for another 8-10 years, Seattle will probably be a playoff contender for a long time. They could steal another Superbowl or two during that time period. This is probably the last period of time that Seattle sports will ever be good, enjoy it damnit!