Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Welfare recipients are heavy drug users

13»

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2016
    2001400ex said:

dflea said:

This. The Florida program only had a couple hundred fail, but they had a ton more that decided not to continue with the application and had overall applications drop significantly.

Feel free to provide a source that can at least infer that the overall applications dropped because of the drug test, and not, you know, the recession ending.
    In 2011 in Florida over 1,500 people of the ~8,500 that applied for welfare stopped when the drug test came around.

Statistics show that the % of people on govt assistance are ~40% more likely to be on drugs than the general population
    , so if less than 1% are "testing positive" its pretty much statistically impossible in being a representative sample of anything.

It means either the state is either really shitty about testing (usually a written test asking people if they do drugs isn't the "best test"...) or the others got pushed off the system (doubt it happened here but isn't this the point...).

The fact some are too dumb to grasp the statistical impossibility of this and are running with this as proof of anything other than more shitty govt is just sad.

Bullshit. What fucking statistics show the drug usage rates in the general population?
    There are a ton of them. A few examples...
    http://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.pdf
    p27...rate based on employment status

More data:
    http://oas.samhsa.gov/2k2/GovAid/GovAid.htm
    (the number I remembered which is ~40% higher for those on Govt aid)

More data:
    http://www.npc.umich.edu/publications/policy_briefs/brief02/

Its absolutely idiotic to think the rate of drug abuse for someone who doesn't have a job and all of the responsibilities that go with it would be the same or less than someone who has a full-time job. You can not like reality, but don't deny it or human nature.

Whether drug use is higher or lower for welfare recipients than good working folk. Fact is, the program isn't effective.

BTW, I have known many people that make six figures that have terrible drug habits, from pot to coke (no meth or heroin in that income range that I have met.)
    No shit the program isn't effective. But numbers don't lie, and writing or peddling a story that suggests drug use among those on welfare is statistically significantly less than (or even equal to) the general population from that "data" is just FS.

And nobody gives a shit about knowing somebody with a drug problem that made $294,432.425t43636452365234...why do people think anecdotal evidence means something? That does not impact the overall sample populations.

• Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

A summary...

fleabag: Liar
    me: actual data
    fleabag: yeah, well who cares if its true over millions of people because I knew a guy once
    fleabag: and I have no idea how the survey was done but I'm sure it must be wrong.
    fleabag: And I'm sure people with jobs would statistically lie about drug use more than those without, but I'm sure you cannot differentiate between those two groups on any other behavior such as actual drug use...

Effin a...

Funny thing is, your last example although wrong in your application of logic shows why HondoFS is so stupid in buying into that stupid story. Of course people lie when money is on the line...hence having people fill out a survey in their welfare application and considering it a "drug test" is, well, HondoFS...

You're such a fuckin' pussy. Your actual data is garbage, put together by faggots, and lapped up by you like pablum.

So fuck off.
    Said in a manner that only a true intellectual giant could...
    lol - lick up the pablum, Einstein. Then explain the drug usage of the general public when the general public has never been drug tested.

You know what board you're on, don't you? Good Then let me reiterate - fuck off.

Don't have to.

Its absolutely stupid to think the groups have the same drug abuse %, but we'll live in your world for a sec...who cares if its 5% or 10% of the population. Statistically its pretty much impossible to find a broad subset of that population which is 0.19%, which means either the program is amazing (i.e. its incredibly efficient in pushing drug users away from welfare which no one believes), or its statistically impossible and therefore meaningless jibberish and an inane, stupid article to begin with, and an even dumber article to cite as proof of anything.

But keep pounding in hopes of proving something...anything really...
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

dflea said:

This. The Florida program only had a couple hundred fail, but they had a ton more that decided not to continue with the application and had overall applications drop significantly.

Feel free to provide a source that can at least infer that the overall applications dropped because of the drug test, and not, you know, the recession ending.
    In 2011 in Florida over 1,500 people of the ~8,500 that applied for welfare stopped when the drug test came around.

Statistics show that the % of people on govt assistance are ~40% more likely to be on drugs than the general population
    , so if less than 1% are "testing positive" its pretty much statistically impossible in being a representative sample of anything.

It means either the state is either really shitty about testing (usually a written test asking people if they do drugs isn't the "best test"...) or the others got pushed off the system (doubt it happened here but isn't this the point...).

The fact some are too dumb to grasp the statistical impossibility of this and are running with this as proof of anything other than more shitty govt is just sad.

Bullshit. What fucking statistics show the drug usage rates in the general population?
    http://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUHresultsPDFWHTML2013/Web/NSDUHresults2013.pdf

More data:

More data:

Its absolutely idiotic to think the rate of drug abuse for someone who doesn't have a job and all of the responsibilities that go with it would be the same or less than someone who has a full-time job. You can not like reality, but don't deny it or human nature.

Whether drug use is higher or lower for welfare recipients than good working folk. Fact is, the program isn't effective.

BTW, I have known many people that make six figures that have terrible drug habits, from pot to coke (no meth or heroin in that income range that I have met.)
    No shit the program isn't effective. But numbers don't lie, and writing or peddling a story that suggests drug use among those on welfare is statistically significantly less than (or even equal to) the general population from that "data" is just FS.

And nobody gives a shit about knowing somebody with a drug problem that made $294,432.425t43636452365234...why do people think anecdotal evidence means something? That does not impact the overall sample populations.

You made the comment that common sense dictates that people with jobs are unlikely to be crackheads. I'm making the point that many successful people are fucked up drug addicts. It's actually shocking the number of functional potheads and cokeheads I know.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't we get back to tasting drugs?
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dflea said:

More data:

More data:

You made the comment that common sense dictates that people with jobs are unlikely less likely to be crackheads. I'm making the point that many successful people are fucked up drug addicts. It's actually shocking the number of functional potheads and cokeheads I know.
    Fixed, and still true.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Numbers lie when they're compiled using garbage data.

You're like the global warming alarmists you have sand jammed in your mangina about constantly. Defending pissing away taxpayer money on ineffective garbage programs is so typical of liberals like you.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Not ALL Muslims are radicals

Not ALL successful people are clean
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This board has almost convinced me to start doing heroin and go on welfare. Some of you right wingers make it sound like a great life of luxury.
  • Options
    dflea said:

Numbers lie when they're compiled using garbage data.

You're like the global warming alarmists you have sand jammed in your mangina about constantly. Defending pissing away taxpayer money on ineffective garbage programs is so typical of liberals like you.

Math is hard....

for some I guess.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I need drugs after reading this thread
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2016
    dflea said:

dflea said:

More data:

More data:

Oh, they took surveys, did they? And you're going to cite those as accurate statistics? Did you ever fucking think someone with a job might say they don't do drugs when they really do?

Christ - you made a statement about the "general public". Except the general public never takes a drug test. In fact, those that work at "drug-free" companies usually take a pre-hire UA and then never take another one unless they are injured on the job.

Quit being such a fucking dope.
    How the fuck else would they have these statistics ya fuckin burnout?

The only way you would know is by a criminal conviction. You need to go back to Unleashed. That place is more your speed Corky.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

More data:

More data:

Oh, they took surveys, did they? And you're going to cite those as accurate statistics? Did you ever fucking think someone with a job might say they don't do drugs when they really do?

Christ - you made a statement about the "general public". Except the general public never takes a drug test. In fact, those that work at "drug-free" companies usually take a pre-hire UA and then never take another one unless they are injured on the job.

Quit being such a fucking dope.
    How the fuck else would they have these statistics ya fuckin burnout?

The only way you would know is by a criminal conviction. You need to go back to Unleashed. That place is more your speed Corky.
    Well, gee - that's the point you ignant cunt. If your data comes from questionnaires, then it isn't reliable data.

Why should I go back to Unleashed? Do you need someone to make you look like a fuckin' idiot over there, too? You're doing a fine job of that here without any assistance at all.