Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PFF: UW Freshman took 2,679 snaps last year

Comments

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    devildawg said:

Bunch of you must be Auburn Dawg with new handles...not sure what the fuck your watching but I'll take Rosen and his upside over JB until I actually see the kid do something

He fell on the ball and got a booboo couldn't answer the bell at home against the Ducks,sat out vs Stanford.When they put the game in his hands vs ASU and Utah totally shit the bed.,got picked vs fucking Kal....the kid really shit the bed in every single loss,he's a freshemn so we cut him some slack but let's see him actually make a BIGTIME throw against a real fucking team before annointing his ass

Until then I'd go with the 6-4 stud with the Howitzer for an arm

The stats are just fucking stats...Miley has better stats than Browning same number of starts

"Until then I'd go with the 6-4 stud with the Howitzer for an arm"

I was wondering where the remaining member of the Jeff George fan club was.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Damn, we should have won 10 games last year with all those underclassmen. Right J?

We should have gone for it on 4th and 1 from inside Oregon's 40 instead of punting out of the end zone to gain a whopping 17 yards of field position.

This is how it's going to work in @Doogles fucked up mind. Every time I see you mention how young we were, I'm going to mention a fucktarded decision by the coaching staff that has nothing to do with the age of the players.

We were young. The coaches still shit the bed numerous times.
    Sure. That was potentially fucked up as was going for it against furd was the prior year. But, a coach will and will trust older and more experienced players more than younger and less experienced players. With half of the skill position guys having five games of college football experience, well - coaches coach to the circumstances. Message board coaches, however, just spout shit.

devildawg said:

Hilarious how hyped Rosen is for next year, when Browning was better than him...

Browning is fine he's going to be a good one but where was a he better than Rosen?

Totally different schemes,Rosen was asked to push the ball down the field,make throws Browning will never make.Rosen looked the better player to me and his stats were better
    What like, his 60% completion percentage, 7.54 yards/attempt, and 134.3 Passer Rating?

Versus Browning's 63.3% completion percentage, 8.03 yards/attempt, and 139.7 Passer Rating?

Not to mention, UCLA had an established JR RB who rushed for 1500+ yards in 2014, actual receiving threats in Payton and Duarte, and an OL with about 40 more starts than UW's OL.
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    devildawg said:

I like to look at yards,TDs and wins! Also watch the games and not stat sheets

Rosen has a big time cannon for an arm...yards per attempt down mean shit when it's Imcomplete pass

Nobody's knocking Browning Rosen just looks like the better player to just about everyone but doogs

The OP asked where Rosen was better? I'd say all the way around he's just a little better Prospect with a highe ceiling

We could throw up Miles stats from 2014 ? Wtf is that tell you? His 7 ypa didn't mean jack shit and he's no where near the QB Browning is but the stats say he is...he must be fucking good right?

Not counting incomplete passes: Browning: 12.68 yards per completion. Rosen: 12.57 yards per completion. Browning was also more accurate on passes that traveled over 20 yards in the air (according to PFF), although he probably was not as accurate on balls that traveled 30-50 yards in the air.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe Rosen is better, maybe Browning is. Who knows? Both were good for a freshman, but had some shitty moments. This is kind of a dumb argument. They were freshman QB'S of mediocre teams.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Maybe Rosen is better, maybe Browning is. Who knows? Both were good for a freshman, but had some shitty moments. This is kind of a dumb argument. They were freshman QB'S of mediocre teams.

Fair.

Calling one clearly superior using really poor arguments is still some stupid shit though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    devildawg said:

Bunch of you must be Auburn Dawg with new handles...not sure what the fuck your watching but I'll take Rosen and his upside over JB until I actually see the kid do something

He fell on the ball and got a booboo couldn't answer the bell at home against the Ducks,sat out vs Stanford.When they put the game in his hands vs ASU and Utah totally shit the bed.,got picked vs fucking Kal....the kid really shit the bed in every single loss,he's a freshemn so we cut him some slack but let's see him actually make a BIGTIME throw against a real fucking team before annointing his ass

The stats are just fucking stats...Miley has better stats than Browning same number of starts

The problem isn't the stats, the problem is you're too dumb to know which stats matter.

Here's three that matter for each QB's respective most recent season.

YPA: Browning 8.03, Miley 7.29. Huge advantage Browning
    QBR: Browning 63.0, Miley 50.0. Huge advantage Browning

Browning was better as a true frosh than Miley was as a RS soph.

You can argue why you think Rosen will be better than Browning - I doubt anyone would argue Rosen's upside is higher. You can't deny Browning was better than him last season.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2016
    EwaDawg said:

Doogles said:

Damn, we should have won 10 games last year with all those underclassmen. Right J?

We should have gone for it on 4th and 1 from inside Oregon's 40 instead of punting out of the end zone to gain a whopping 17 yards of field position.

This is how it's going to work in @Doogles fucked up mind. Every time I see you mention how young we were, I'm going to mention a fucktarded decision by the coaching staff that has nothing to do with the age of the players.

Sure. That was potentially fucked up as was going for it against furd was the prior year. But, a coach will and will trust older and more experienced players more than younger and less experienced players. With half of the skill position guys having five games of college football experience, well - coaches coach to the circumstances. Message board coaches, however, just spout shit.

devildawg said:

Hilarious how hyped Rosen is for next year, when Browning was better than him...

Browning is fine he's going to be a good one but where was a he better than Rosen?

Totally different schemes,Rosen was asked to push the ball down the field,make throws Browning will never make.Rosen looked the better player to me and his stats were better
    What like, his 60% completion percentage, 7.54 yards/attempt, and 134.3 Passer Rating?

Versus Browning's 63.3% completion percentage, 8.03 yards/attempt, and 139.7 Passer Rating?

Not to mention, UCLA had an established JR RB who rushed for 1500+ yards in 2014, actual receiving threats in Payton and Duarte, and an OL with about 40 more starts than UW's OL.
    Hey Bill, there's another poster here who like us, gets the game. Congrats Ewa, been waiting. Good post cabrone. Now there's officially 5 members @ HH with a clue. Keep posting.

Puppy and Billy's higher discussion board is about to take off. We need good moderators, please consider EWA. Even though you just reiterated what I said earlier!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

EwaDawg said:

Doogles said:

devildawg said:

Hey Bill, there's another poster here who like us, gets the game. Congrats Ewa, been waiting. Good post cabrone. Now there's officially 5 members @ HH with a clue. Keep posting.

Puppy and Billy's higher discussion board is about to take off. We need good moderators, please consider EWA. Even though you just reiterated what I said earlier!
    I think we're on our own Pups.
  • Options
    New dipshitted POY. This I s so far fucking retarted I cant dignify it with a response, other than to say its the most dipshitted post of the new year. Doogles, was starting to think you had a chance here. Tommy or J, please step in and salvage for tbe nerd crowd. Doogles just lost his place as translator for the dummies
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    Founders Club
    Steel2 good at everything
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

New dipshitted POY. This I s so far fucking retarted I cant dignify it with a response, other than to say its the most dipshitted post of the new year. Doogles, was starting to think you had a chance here. Tommy or J, please step in and salvage for tbe nerd crowd. Doogles just lost his place as translator for the dummies

I can't believe i'm going to engage you in a conversation in hopes for a lucid response, but one thing I take seriously (sadly) is my football knowledge.

You're a classic dodger and randomly spit out spastic responses to hand picked posts that fit your narrative. Just like when you claimed to be the first to call Browning to start and then I produced a response to your claim with a link to the thread that proves I was ahead of you.

How did you respond? Crickets.

You preach credibility and accountability to posts, when in fact you have none yourself. I doubt you'll respond to this, because that's what you do when you don't have shit to say.

Go back to licking hairy saran wrap and leave the poasting to the people.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

I can't believe i'm going to engage you in a conversation in hopes for a lucid response, but one thing I take seriously (sadly) is my football knowledge.

You're a classic dodger and randomly spit out spastic responses to hand picked posts that fit your narrative. Just like when you claimed to be the first to call Browning to start and then I produced a response to your claim with a link to the thread that proves I was ahead of you.

How did you respond? Crickets.

You preach credibility and accountability to posts, when in fact you have none yourself. I doubt you'll respond to this, because that's what you do when you don't have shit to say.

Go back to licking hairy saran wrap and leave the poasting to the people.
    Puppy dont dodge. He called browning and Gaskin. Adams too. Any further questions about the program feel free to hit my inbox if you want to keep in on down low dooglie
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    Founders Club

Steel2 good at everything

Steel2 is one of the aforementioned fab5. Dude knows his shit.
    riiiiight
  • Options
    devildawg said:

Great post Devil. I am the only one who mentioned Browning Didnt hit 1 deep ball, in stride, the ENTIRE year. Not 1. His over/
    Underthrows were painful to watch. These are fundamental throws, rudimentary! I expect thing to change next year as its purely a timing issue, and his receivers didnt get a lot of seperation, and when they did, their little alligator arms couldnt stretch to make the catch, or they just dropped it.

Fetters called Browning arguably the best freshman QB in tbe country. That billing clearly belongs to Rosen. Conversely he didnt miss 1 deep ball all year long.

Browning will hit those throws next year as Ross can run underneath them, but until I see it, and Jake proves it, im very skeptical of Brownings game. For the record? Browning will be fine, but Rosen was head-over-heels the better freshman qb last year, wasnt even close.

What do you think doogles, youre a self proclaimed expert, care to join the higher discussion? Being puppy has re-watched every browning throw , you should bring your little star wars lunch pail to the party.

And Devil, dont compare Miley's stats. Makes you sound ignorant like most of the other buttfucktards here.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been on record as being shocked at the lack of downfield accuracy Browning displayed during the year because when I saw him live he was very accurate. I truly think it was a strength issue more than anything and not that he doesn't have it. It's harder to find the proper touch necessary for the deep ball if the arm isn't quite there.

Add the fact that his WR weren't really giving him much room for error and inexplicably never fought for the 50/50 balls that led to picks and you can see why he was erring on the side of caution and letting them fly far.

I expect with increased strength and the addition of a true deep threat in Ross, that weakness in Browning's game will be improved greatly year 2.

As far as Rosen, his talent is incredible but he strikes me as kind of a cunt. Without having any insider access to the UCLA locker room, I purely speculate that Rosen isn't as liked by his peers as Browning is. Browning acts more like a winner/leader and if I had to choose one kid to build the program around I would choose Browning.

I fully expect Rosen to be drafted high first round, but i'll be shocked if he ever develops into a winner. Reminds me of Kush lash from Jerry Maguire.