Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Today in liberty

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

That's what made the TSA thread so amusing. You are more than happy to give up other people's freedoms. Just don't delay you at the airport

Does the 2nd amendment say all arms except scary ones that get panties in a wad?

different. The 2nd amendment gives you the right to bear arms, but that right is not unlimited (I actually disagree with this ban, I'm more against the massive magazine clips that people use in these mass shootings).
    This is not stripping you of your right to bear arms like the TSA and NSA are stripping you of your privacy.
    What language limits the right?
    What language says unlimited? It says right to bear arms shall not be infringed. It doesn't say, right to bear any arm you choose.

You can't possess a fully automatic weapon, a tank, an attack helicopter, a fighter jet,, etc.
    Says who? God?
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

That's what made the TSA thread so amusing. You are more than happy to give up other people's freedoms. Just don't delay you at the airport

Does the 2nd amendment say all arms except scary ones that get panties in a wad?

different. The 2nd amendment gives you the right to bear arms, but that right is not unlimited (I actually disagree with this ban, I'm more against the massive magazine clips that people use in these mass shootings).
    This is not stripping you of your right to bear arms like the TSA and NSA are stripping you of your privacy.
    What language says unlimited? It says right to bear arms shall not be infringed. It doesn't say, right to bear any arm you choose.

You can't possess a fully automatic weapon, a tank, an attack helicopter, a fighter jet,, etc.
    Actually, you can own a fully automatic weapon and a tank. You can own a howitzer. You just have to register it with the federal government and pay a tax stamp. What I find especially interesting is that a gatling gun is legally just a semi-automatic rifle in the United States.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Actually, you can own a fully automatic weapon and a tank. You can own a howitzer. You just have to register it with the federal government and pay a tax stamp. What I find especially interesting is that a gatling gun is legally just a semi-automatic rifle in the United States.
    @HuskyJW, your next build.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

I AM an attack helicopter!
  • Options
    edited February 2016

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

All he needs to make sure is that it is hand cranked. If you put an electric motor on it becomes a machine gun.
    Also:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxN0WfFKLRU
    and
    (skip to 6:30)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7fhBm1ouSU
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

As passed by the Congress and preserved in the National Archives, with the rest of the original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights prepared by scribe William Lambert:[29]

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, then-Secretary of State:[30]

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

What does SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED mean to you Hondo?

It is more clear than a right to privacy for abortions that isn't in the constitution or anything about gay marriage that isn't in the constitution.

If you limit you infringe.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

As passed by the Congress and preserved in the National Archives, with the rest of the original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights prepared by scribe William Lambert:[29]

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, then-Secretary of State:[30]

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It is more clear than a right to privacy for abortions that isn't in the constitution or anything about gay marriage that isn't in the constitution.

Remember, hondo skews to the authoritarian.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

All he needs to make sure is that it is hand cranked. If you put an electric motor on it becomes a machine gun.
    Also:
    and

Shit @Hippopeteamus you've given me another YT channel to subscribe.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Great liberal tolerance and open-mindedness, as always.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Also:
    and

Another FO to you. Damned near all these awesome gun vids get this damn homo car commercial in front of them.
    http://youtu.be/Y9XqYAzbmTI

Curse my Seattle area IP.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Also:
    and

Another FO to you. Damned near all these awesome gun vids get this damn homo car commercial in front of them.
    http://youtu.be/Y9XqYAzbmTI

Curse my Seattle area IP.
    I don't think youtube knows what to do for someone watching a gun video in Seattle. That channel is great if you have an interest in either firearms or history.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Maybe you should join Death and become a supreme Court Justice, cause supreme Court disagrees.
  • Options
    BlackieBlackie Member Posts: 499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

Maybe you should join Death and become a supreme Court Justice, cause supreme Court disagrees.
    the next time the supreme court objectively decides something will be the first
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

That I'll totally give you. There were 4 votes for obamacare, 4 against based on ideology and none of those 8 looked at the bill.

That being said, gun bans and background checks at the federal level have survived both conservative and liberal supreme courts.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Blackie said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

dhdawg said:

That I'll totally give you. There were 4 votes for obamacare, 4 against based on ideology and none of those 8 looked at the bill.

That being said, gun bans and background checks at the federal level have survived both conservative and liberal supreme courts.
    That doesn't mean it is constitutional. Any more than the NSA looking at the kiddie porn on your computer