Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Athlon Sports ranks every projected D1 starting QB; 1-128

I wish they did this article 2 years ago. I would have loved to see where they ranked Miley Cyrus.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-pre-spring-1-128-starting-quarterback-rankings-2016

Comments

• Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Amazing how low Browning is on this list.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    priapism said:

Amazing how low Browning is on this list.

I'm not sure if you're being sarkastic or if by low you mean high, but Brownshoes at 15 is a little premature ejaculation at this point. I think @HeNeedsMoreTime (RIP) before you crown his ass. With that said, Pooprocks at 34? I guarantee this boof has never even seen him play (nor have I). Hell, he might end up being #1 by the EOY but I'd seen Vernon Adams play quite a few times and that guy was a fuckin baller. Coming from Montana (State? I get them mixed up) having never stared into the eyes of @TheDeathRow (and being white). He was playing D2 ball for a reason and I think his play on the field should have to prove why he belongs in the upper echelon of D1 QBs instead of having to prove why he doesn't.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    i scrolled way further than i thought i'd have to, hopefully browning isn't JOing to this all off season and is instead getting cold sweats thinking about how shitty his WRs are and is riding their asses all off season to get better.
  • Options
    huskyfavrehuskyfavre Member Posts: 121

When I got into the 30s, I thought to myself "Well shit, I went too fast and scrolled right past Browning."

I thought that when I got past the 70s --- and I actually think Browning did pretty well for a frosh.

Whoever made that list sure did put some time into it, though.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Browning's deep ball will tighten up and he'll be one of the best in the Pac.

Falk will be eating out of a straw by the time the Apple cup hits so my guess is Browning will be 2nd team all pac behind Rosen. Not because I think Rosen is better, but he seems to get the nod over Browning on these lists and will probably throw for 1000 more yards while being more inefficient and losing more games.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    15 seems generous for Browning, but what do I know? This survey didn't account for offensive system.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    I like that Jacob Eason is above Max Browne on that list
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Browning shouldn't be ahead of the Southern Miss QB.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What this list told me is that there is going to be shitty QB play all over the cuntry next year.

And a bunch of coaches that can't seem figure out that a running game is paramount to success in the college game. Or put two and two together.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    And jonathan smith should get fired if browning isn't all conference prayingdog.jpeg
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I would've ranked Black Power a lot higher than 96th. Just based on having pac 12 quality skill players (marginal, but stay with me) he should be a top 60-70 at worst.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I would've ranked Black Power a lot higher than 96th. Just based on having pac 12 quality skill players (marginal, but stay with me) he should be a top 60-70 at worst.

Especially when Brett Rypien is 25th. I was shocked to find Brownshorts at 15 but if Rypien is 25th the stupidity of the rankings make sense. Especially when I guarantee dude has never seen Black Power play, let alone where he ranks all the projected starters having never played a down. And he has the guy beating out last year's Ole Miss QB at around 120. The guy wasn't "good" but he certainly wasn't among the worst 10% of QBs in D1