Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top Returning Receivers for 2016 (with 2015 stats)

Top Returning WRs for 2016:
Pettis: 30 catches, 414 yards, 1 TD
Ross (2014): 17 catches, 371 yards, 4 TDs
Lenius: 26 catches, 307 yards, 3 TDs
Renfro: 13 catches, 178 yards
McClatcher: 8 catches, 78 yards, 1 TD (though only 4 catches for 26 yards after Sac State)

Only 4 WRs who caught a pass in 2015 are returning in 2016 and McClatcher really didn't do much at WR for most of the season.

Top Returning TEs for 2016:
Daniels: 19 catches, 250 yards, 1 TD
Sample: 5 catches, 45 yards, 2 TDs
Griffin: 1 catch, 9 yards

Analysis: lots of Gaskin

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Good post.

So hopefully: heavy doses of Gaskin, mix in some cartel at RB and slot, Daniels lead team in receptions, Ross on the deep throws, Renfro/Pettis/McClutchens/hopefully another WR emerges for everything else.

Don't fuck it up, JSmithFS. It could be a lot worse. You will fuck it up though, won't you? Sigh.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Good post.

So hopefully: heavy doses of Gaskin, mix in some cartel at RB and slot, Daniels lead team in receptions, Ross on the deep throws, Renfro/Pettis/McClutchens/hopefully another WR emerges for everything else.

Don't fuck it up, JSmithFS Petersen. It could be a lot worse. You will fuck it up though, won't you? Sigh.

The HC takes the blame.

You new here???
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Good post.

So hopefully: heavy doses of Gaskin, mix in some cartel at RB and slot, Daniels lead team in receptions, Ross on the deep overthrows, Renfro/Pettis/McClutchens/hopefully another WR emerges for everything else.

Don't fuck it up, JSmithFS. It could be a lot worse. You will fuck it up though, won't you? Sigh.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I'm calling Renfro as the breakout midget.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pettis needs to get up into the 50-60 catch range next year. I think that's doable.

Ross needs about 6-8 touches per game minimum in one form or another.

Daniels is the guy that I think could have a monster leap forward next year. I could see 50-60 catches for him.

I agree that Renfro has a chance to take a giant leap ... I expect him to pass Lenius.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ross may actually be worth the vaunted two wins this year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,407
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

My fear is that we hear all about how improved Browning is in Spring and Fall Camp. Petersen and Smith can't resist showing off the new and improved Browning and give Gaskin 17 carries instead of 25+ in the first Pac 12 game.

"We felt that opponents would be waiting for Gaskin after his great year so we thought we could really open up the passing game now that Browning has a year under his belt. Maybe we should have been a little more stubborn with the run game instead." Petermen
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I doubt Daniels lead the team in receptions...

Mickens was targeted 91 times, 7 per game. Those will go to Ross. Perkins had 61 targets while Daniels only had 22. Perkins is a better receiver than Daniels. I'd expect Daniels to have around 45 targets with the backup TE's get a few more. Pettis, Lenius and Renfro would probably get most of the rest. I'd expect Pettis and the TE's to benefit the most from Ross' presence.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ross won't be the explosive guy he was for a good part of the season. There is a pretty big mental aspect for getting over ACL tears. If they give him too big of a workload early in the season, there is a risk of him injuring something else. They will probably ease him in and hopefully he is back to being the beast he is towards the end of the season.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Ross won't be the explosive guy he was for a good part of the season. There is a pretty big mental aspect for getting over ACL tears. If they give him too big of a workload early in the season, there is a risk of him injuring something else. They will probably ease him in and hopefully he is back to being the beast he is towards the end of the season.

Generally disagree with that.

Ross is healthy at this point and would be able to play if a game was today. You're giving him more than 6 months to get stronger and comfortable. What you're alluding to is players trying to get stronger while playing immediately.