Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanley Daniels just knocked on my door at home -- he wanted to sell me new Century Link service

2»

Comments

• Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Thump said:

Picture of Stanley at Thump's door...

If memory serves... is that the moment the guys ask him if he has cocaine and he blackmails them into buying 50 magazine subscriptions or he is going to turn them in after he learns of their plans to steal a tenth of a penny from every bank account?
    They ask him how to launder money and he blackmails Peter into getting 40 subscriptions to Vibe.
    Don't forget pretending to be a crackhead.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Thump said:

If memory serves... is that the moment the guys ask him if he has cocaine and he blackmails them into buying 50 magazine subscriptions or he is going to turn them in after he learns of their plans to steal a tenth of a penny from every bank account?
    They ask him how to launder money and he blackmails Peter into getting 40 subscriptions to Vibe.
    Most definitely... This is one of my most favorite movies, ever. Top 5 for sure... I worked in a high tech office back then, so this movie really hit home.

A co-worker and I even used the side door for our lunch breaks. My co-worker was paranoid about the front desk ladies keeping tabs on our comings & goings.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,175
    I like when old rich white guys use the word 'articulate'.

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    McRib said:

Glad to see our* players achieving such post season highs in life.

Academis are important.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Thump said:

Most definitely... This is one of my most favorite movies, ever. Top 5 for sure... I worked in a high tech office back then, so this movie really hit home.

A co-worker and I even used the side door for our lunch breaks. My co-worker was paranoid about the front desk ladies keeping tabs on our comings & goings.
    Downvoted for a lack of pics of the front desk ladies.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,894
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2016

Thump said:

Two guys just came to my door and tried to sell me the new fiber Century Link service that they are putting in my neighborhood (Green Lake / Roosevelt). The deal looked okay, but I told him no thanks when he explained I'd only get that deal if I signed a 1 year contract (not a fan of contracts, and I'm probably moving in under a year).

Anyway, he was still nice about it as he put away his sales sheet, and we got to talking about business and cities with better weather, and one thing leads to another and he says he is Stanley Daniels. I said no shit, let me shake your hand. He liked that and introduced his partner, who was also a Dawg, but the name escapes me.

I told him I gave up my season tickets in Rick's last season, and have been waiting for a reason to buy them again. I asked him what they think of Coach Pete, they said they both think he is awesome, and expect good things.

Stanley was quite articulate and polite, so I can tell he at least got a good education at the UW, and elsewhere in life. I don't really follow the NFL much, so no idea what happened with him there. But was nice seeing a friendly Dawg.

Yep, that is my "cool story bro" for the night.

You must be renting Thump? Make sure your landlord is ok with it and your mom sends the weekly check for groceries:) Oh and imagine that, a big black man is actually articulate? Your a racist dude!!!
    Yeah, Thump. Stop being a racist. You take that back and tell us that Stanley Daniels isn't articulate, and that you couldn't understand a word he was saying.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Thump said:

Thump said:

Two guys just came to my door and tried to sell me the new fiber Century Link service that they are putting in my neighborhood (Green Lake / Roosevelt). The deal looked okay, but I told him no thanks when he explained I'd only get that deal if I signed a 1 year contract (not a fan of contracts, and I'm probably moving in under a year).

Anyway, he was still nice about it as he put away his sales sheet, and we got to talking about business and cities with better weather, and one thing leads to another and he says he is Stanley Daniels. I said no shit, let me shake your hand. He liked that and introduced his partner, who was also a Dawg, but the name escapes me.

I told him I gave up my season tickets in Rick's last season, and have been waiting for a reason to buy them again. I asked him what they think of Coach Pete, they said they both think he is awesome, and expect good things.

Stanley was quite articulate and polite, so I can tell he at least got a good education at the UW, and elsewhere in life. I don't really follow the NFL much, so no idea what happened with him there. But was nice seeing a friendly Dawg.

You must be renting Thump? Make sure your landlord is ok with it and your mom sends the weekly check for groceries:) Oh and imagine that, a big black man is actually articulate? Your a racist dude!!!
    It wasn't about his skin color. It was about UW's graduation rates. But jump to whatever ignorant conclusion you like.

And no, I'm not renting. I've owned this house for nearly 20 years. Fuck off.
    But who gives a fuck if he was renting? Some people don't want to be tied down, some want to be able to move quickly, some aren't sure about the area, some are hesitant about the market, and some can't afford a $600k house. Who gives a fuck?
  • Options
    picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    Stanley had to sue his own parent to go to Udub - mom wouldn't sign his LOI because she wanted him to go to Nebraska. And look at him now.... working with fiber optics.

Wonder if his sales partner was Scott White?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,415
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanley was quite articulate and polite, so I can tell he at least got a good education at the UW, and elsewhere in life.
    Yes, I like to say door-to-door salesmen are well educated. I do that.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Ryan Leaf knocked on my door. He was looking for prescription drugs

Why was Ryan leaf in the inland empire?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,480
    Founders Club

Ryan Leaf knocked on my door. He was looking for prescription drugs

Why was Ryan leaf in the inland empire?
    California Institution for Men
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thump said:

Thump said:

It wasn't about his skin color. It was about UW's graduation rates. But jump to whatever ignorant conclusion you like.

And no, I'm not renting. I've owned this house for nearly 20 years. Fuck off.
    some can't afford a $600k house.
    Ew
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Anyone jumped on the Prism bangwagon yet? Id like to fuck comcast.