Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Race Bannon

2»

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I would be curious how many NBA champions were blown out by 34 at home.

There was no reason for Cleveland not to be fired up. The problem for them is Golden State is getting better. Green and Curry are both quite a bit better from last year.

Cleveland isn't. Love is one of the biggest losers in the league. Irving gets hurt every year. Even LeBron has slipped a little. He's played a lot of years and a ton of games.

Cleveland played its best last year in the finals without Love and Irving on the floor. Guys like Mozgov, Thompson and Delly gave the contributions they needed (defense, rebounding, toughness) that Love and Irving lack.

In most years you need 2 stars to win a title. Irving and Love aren't even close. They arent even all stars.
    Yeah they looked like shit in game 1 with Irving. He certainly didn't go toe to toe with Curry and block his shot in the last 30 seconds.
    They won the next 2 games without Irving.

His strong game 1 and 1 block doesn't mitigate my point.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

There was no reason for Cleveland not to be fired up. The problem for them is Golden State is getting better. Green and Curry are both quite a bit better from last year.

Cleveland isn't. Love is one of the biggest losers in the league. Irving gets hurt every year. Even LeBron has slipped a little. He's played a lot of years and a ton of games.

Cleveland played its best last year in the finals without Love and Irving on the floor. Guys like Mozgov, Thompson and Delly gave the contributions they needed (defense, rebounding, toughness) that Love and Irving lack.

In most years you need 2 stars to win a title. Irving and Love aren't even close. They arent even all stars.
    Yeah they looked like shit in game 1 with Irving. He certainly didn't go toe to toe with Curry and block his shot in the last 30 seconds.

And then they lost 3 straight.

This narrative is stupid. They played 0 games that mattered with Love and 1 with Irving and in that one he/they played well. How the fuck would you know they played better without them when they didn't play any games with them? It's fucking nonsense.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This narrative is stupid. They played 0 games that mattered with Love and 1 with Irving and in that one he/they played well. How the fuck would you know they played better without them when they didn't play any games with them? It's fucking nonsense.
    They actually went something like 33-2 with all three healthy in the lineup last year. That's really our only sample
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

They actually went something like 33-2 with all three healthy in the lineup last year. That's really our only sample
    But this game doesn't matter, come on man where's the respect.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

2-3 without them in the Finals. Then got blown the fuck out by 35 at home with all of them this season. True, GS is better now.

You would think they'd be a lot better with Love and Irving but they aren't....at least when it comes to playing the best team in the league.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I think the theory that they're better without Love may have some merit, but the idea they're better without Kyrie is really FS.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It doesn't matter. The Lakers lost game 1 of the finals by more than that margin one year and won the series.

Great in season natty as always
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's two different arguments and some all pro pressing
  • Options

Race beats the drum of regular season means nothing harder than anyone. But if you're going to start talking about them being better without Love and Irving the regular season sample is basically all we have. That's why its fucking stupid to say the Finals showed they're better without them.
  • Options

Race beats the drum of regular season means nothing harder than anyone. But if you're going to start talking about them being better without Love and Irving the regular season sample is basically all we have. That's why its fucking stupid to say the Finals showed they're better without them.
    I was not one of the idiots that said that they're better without Love and Irving. Maybe better without Love, maybe. I was just pointing out that it's dumb to minimize the plungering the other night in light of what they did last year at full strength.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was not one of the idiots that said that they're better without Love and Irving. Maybe better without Love, maybe. I was just pointing out that it's dumb to minimize the plungering the other night in light of what they did last year at full strength.
    Disagree

APAG has it dialed in

As always
  • Options
    We'll see. Lipo, as always.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's not much to play out here. LeBron isn't who we thought he was and Golden State has taken the league to the next level.

Just look at how good the Spurs are, arguably Popp's greatest team, and they aren't favored to make it out of the west. GS is at legendary status right now.

LeBron needs to go full Lebron or gtfo. His window is damn near closed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

There's not much to play out here. LeBron isn't who we thought he was and Golden State has taken the league to the next level.

Just look at how good the Spurs are, arguably Popp's greatest team, and they aren't favored to make it out of the west. GS is at legendary status right now.

LeBron needs to go full Lebron or gtfo. His window is damn near closed.

Puppy was the first to say Browning would start

I actually hear a lot of "experts" picking SA to win the west
  • Options
    hahahahahaha fuck the nba hahahahaha fuck okc hahahahaha fuck david stern haahahahaha did i mention fuck the nba? hahaha
  • Options

hahahahahaha fuck the nba hahahahaha fuck okc hahahahaha fuck david stern haahahahaha did i mention fuck the nba? hahaha

Careful, it's friday.
  • Options

Careful, it's friday.
    what is this judgement day?
  • Options
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No worries. Blatt was the Friday sacrifice. I guess Cleveland takes regular season games seriously