Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TBS Browning Article

2»

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

H_D said:

TTJ said:

Afraid to compete, I was hearing.

Yeah. I'm also hearing his arm is prone to fatigue...you know, from throwing all those TD passes.
    All of our boards trump twitter in terms of swaying potential recruits. Don't forget that.

When that super secret recruit arrives and nobody knows, your post on the subject kept him from coming
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Premature Bump. I'm drinking and feeling proud of myself after 3 days of fall camp. I'm fairly confident he's the guy to bring us back. I still think Lindy isn't terribad, but Browning has got IT.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

Premature Bump. I'm drinking and feeling proud of myself after 3 days of fall camp. I'm fairly confident he's the guy to bring us back. I still think Lindy isn't terribad, but Browning has got IT.

Wake me when he does it in actual games.

Until then, he's Jack to me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Ok, this kid is fucking good. Really really good.

Not one of his passes were errant. Every single ball he threw had a tight spiral, on time, perfectly placed. He moves around great in the pocket, making the subtle side steps that make would be sackers completely miss, all while keeping his head down the field. Throws great on the run, against his body or with. Really impressive stuff tonight.

Teammates absolutely love him, has that leadership vibe that seems to be really contagious. Loved how pissed he got when they were up 45-0 and a holding penalty put them back so they had to settle for a field goal.

He is actually bigger than i thought...was expecting a twig but he's got some decent size and a frame to fill.

The only knock i can make is his ball doesn't seem to have that elite late life. It's not like he's throwing floaters or balls that hang, his arm is still nice and the ball always seem to be on time with anticipation so it really didn't seem like an issue, but I wouldn't say he has a CANNON.

With him coming in the spring, i fully expect him to win the back up job at the least. He is really going to push those guys and I expect 2 to transfer because it's going to be obvious. I would say if it wasn't for the reality of true freshman starting being so rare, i would pen him in, because he looked A LOT better than anything i saw under center this year for UW.

Great scouting report. I feel the same way about him now. I like everything about him except at times he lacks arm strength and downfield accuracy. If that improves, he will be amazing. If it doesn't, he will peak at pretty good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Ok, this kid is fucking good. Really really good.

Not one of his passes were errant. Every single ball he threw had a tight spiral, on time, perfectly placed. He moves around great in the pocket, making the subtle side steps that make would be sackers completely miss, all while keeping his head down the field. Throws great on the run, against his body or with. Really impressive stuff tonight.

Teammates absolutely love him, has that leadership vibe that seems to be really contagious. Loved how pissed he got when they were up 45-0 and a holding penalty put them back so they had to settle for a field goal.

He is actually bigger than i thought...was expecting a twig but he's got some decent size and a frame to fill.

The only knock i can make is his ball doesn't seem to have that elite late life. It's not like he's throwing floaters or balls that hang, his arm is still nice and the ball always seem to be on time with anticipation so it really didn't seem like an issue, but I wouldn't say he has a CANNON.

With him coming in the spring, i fully expect him to win the back up job at the least. He is really going to push those guys and I expect 2 to transfer because it's going to be obvious. I would say if it wasn't for the reality of true freshman starting being so rare, i would pen him in, because he looked A LOT better than anything i saw under center this year for UW.

Great scouting report. I feel the same way about him now. I like everything about him except at times he lacks arm strength and downfield accuracy. If that improves, he will be amazing. If it doesn't, he will peak at pretty good.
    I was shocked he missed as much as he did down the field. He was damn accurate when I saw him play. I'm hoping it was more of a strength issue so he was having trouble fine tuning the deeper throws and not a case of just not having IT.

A year stronger should tell the tale. You have to be excited about the position going forward, but as we saw in the Stanford game the drop off is steep if he goes down.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    His issue on the deep balls this year was that he was overthrowing them ... my gut says that he was so focused on protecting the football that he was erring on missing long and an incompletion versus short and an interception. The deep ball he threw to Hall where Hall didn't fight for it in the Cal game probably further cemented that thought process.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

His issue on the deep balls this year was that he was overthrowing them ... my gut says that he was so focused on protecting the football that he was erring on missing long and an incompletion versus short and an interception. The deep ball he threw to Hall where Hall didn't fight for it in the Cal game probably further cemented that thought process.

I have never been as glad to see a player's eligibility run out than I am about Hall's.