Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Levi Onwuzrike Officially Committing Jan. 20th

13»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    tvoie said:

The good news is the defensive recruits this year are ridiculous. The bad news is the offensive ones aren't anywhere near the same level minus McGrew, who is a midget. I can say that since I am a LEGIT 5'7".

I like our OL class especially if we get Herbig.

QB fine to take a lower rated guy with upside behind Browning.

Basically it's just our WRs which are lacking. Hopefully the Bush makes an impact going forward.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I like to say that one Dallas commit justifies spending all that time whiffing on the other Texas recruits, I do that. @Tequillafs

You should probably go back and listen to what TequillaFS said ...

Recruiting in Texas as a focal point is a losing proposition and destined to fail ...

But if you are doing a good job of securing your fence, have established your contacts in SoCal and the Bay Area, are able to continue the trend of having your verbals stay very committed, and can get ahead of the recruiting process like this staff is, then spending 10-15% maximum of your time in the DFW area (which is far different than recommending spending time in Houston, Austin, or really anywhere materially south, east, or west of DFW) can be a positive.

Whether you agree or not, this staff has connections with local coaches and therefore will have the opportunity to pull out a potential stud (like Levi) or supplement recruiting with positions that may be in short supply on the West Coast (for example the WR position given that this is typically not a strong position in the State of Washington and top end California guys typically stay in state).

The balance of UW recruiting needs to ALWAYS be focused on in-state and California kids.
    @AIRWOLF opinions on whether recruiting Texas is worthwhile?
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Tequilla said:

I like to say that one Dallas commit justifies spending all that time whiffing on the other Texas recruits, I do that. @Tequillafs

You should probably go back and listen to what TequillaFS said ...

Recruiting in Texas as a focal point is a losing proposition and destined to fail ...

But if you are doing a good job of securing your fence, have established your contacts in SoCal and the Bay Area, are able to continue the trend of having your verbals stay very committed, and can get ahead of the recruiting process like this staff is, then spending 10-15% maximum of your time in the DFW area (which is far different than recommending spending time in Houston, Austin, or really anywhere materially south, east, or west of DFW) can be a positive.

Whether you agree or not, this staff has connections with local coaches and therefore will have the opportunity to pull out a potential stud (like Levi) or supplement recruiting with positions that may be in short supply on the West Coast (for example the WR position given that this is typically not a strong position in the State of Washington and top end California guys typically stay in state).

The balance of UW recruiting needs to ALWAYS be focused on in-state and California kids.
    @AIRWOLF opinions on whether recruiting Texas is worthwhile?

I was strongly in support of Choate and Pease working their Texas connections, because they had done the work to build relationships down there. And Boise State actually does reasonably well in Texas, particularly considering that it is in fucking Boise.

Now that Choate and Pease have gone on their respective ways, I wonder if it makes as much sense. I dunno.

But James Comptons don't grow on trees...
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The Formula: Push up the Middle and Heat from the Edge.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

By the way, the reason I have felt good about our chances with Levi for the past 3 weeks or so is that he has been committed to UW for awhile now. I tried to go as far as I could in saying dat without actually saying dat.

Basically just trust Coker until I am wrong, which is often, then you can stone me to death which I am OK with!

Do we bury you up to your neck and simply go for head shots or just above the knees so we can crush your junk too?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

By the way, the reason I have felt good about our chances with Levi for the past 3 weeks or so is that he has been committed to UW for awhile now. I tried to go as far as I could in saying dat without actually saying dat.

Basically just trust Coker until I am wrong, which is often, then you can stone me to death which I am OK with!

Do we bury you up to your neck and simply go for head shots or just above the knees so we can crush your junk too?
    You complete me @gladstone.... but FUCK the sand snakes in the show.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    books too

they blow in both

still waiting for GoT forum for us to make out in
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

books too

they blow in both

still waiting for GoT forum for us to make out in

We don't need a forum ;) (75k)
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

My balls hurt
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Fuck me I didn't know we landed this guy, bout time.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

books too

they blow in both

they are ok in book 3

the 4th and 5th books should be gathered up and burned