Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JCCPCCIR

2»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

haie said:

Man, I'm fucking double-post fired up right now about this. Why did Cyler start over Williams, especially after the Oregon game? You'd have to think the main reason was potential int's from Williams, but we just got our assholes shredded by Oregon (BONEM, TSIO), so why is the potential to throw more picks out-weighing the opposing defense knowing your qb can't throw it 10+ yards and loading up the box on your ass 100% of the snaps?

Jesus, this again? Who says Troy can throw it more than 10 yards? He didn't against Oregon even though they weren't even trying.

If anyone gives Troy a 2 or Jaydon a 4 they should have their voting privileges revoked.

We aren't handing out participation trophies here. Make them earn it.
    I didn't know the parents of Cyler were still reading these boreds.

Troy's a 2, and he threw it more than 10 yards in his only start. Doog.
    Doogs always love the backup QB.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Man, I'm fucking double-post fired up right now about this. Why did Cyler start over Williams, especially after the Oregon game? You'd have to think the main reason was potential int's from Williams, but we just got our assholes shredded by Oregon (BONEM, TSIO), so why is the potential to throw more picks out-weighing the opposing defense knowing your qb can't throw it 10+ yards and loading up the box on your ass 100% of the snaps?

Jesus, this again? Who says Troy can throw it more than 10 yards? He didn't against Oregon even though they weren't even trying.

If anyone gives Troy a 2 or Jaydon a 4 they should have their voting privileges revoked.

You're taking Cyler in this case? lol
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogs always trust the coaches
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've missed you @Alexis - have you been here?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Doogs always trust the coaches

Completing Check down routes vs an Oregon second string d is always special. They all sucked and the coaches did too.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

What does Cyler have to do with Troy being a 1?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

What does Cyler have to do with Troy being a 1?
    I'm sorry, let me go back and change my bracket and bump Troy back down to a 1 because he left the program after he realized the coaches were going to start a piece of shit the rest of the year.

Oh wait...

...image
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam

My $10.95 says Fucking A right.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

I might have been a bit too generous this year especially with Tupou....

Ah well.

I have no qualms ranking Tupou high. He was a late bloomer but he turned out damn good.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I gave Mickens a 3, but an unbiased observer probably gives him a 4.

Feeney was a 4. With a redshirt year, Littleton could have been a 4 as well. Fucking waste of his freshman year. They put him in because they were sick of Shirley, but it was still pointless.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Feeney was a 4. With a redshirt year, Littleton could have been a 4 as well. Fucking waste of his freshman year. They put him in because they were sick of Shirley, but it was still pointless.

Mickens started for 300 years and never sniffed all Pac-10.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe an unbiased observer of stats. I don't think anyone could watch that guy for any time at all, even his highlight tape, and call him an all Pac 12 caliber player. That seems to be a widely accepted criteria for awarding 4*.

He didn't have good hands, he didn't create many explosive plays, he didn't return punts or kicks which is something you'd expect from a supposed star player of his style. Opposing defenses didn't fear him. If anyone ever game planned for UW by putting their best db on him then it was only by default due to the lack of real receiving threats on the team during most of his career.

If career achievement in terms of stats is a standalone way of earning 4* as a receiver then he would qualify. I don't see it any other way.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

Whoever gave Mickens a four, would be the same guy who thinks participation ribbons, not keeping score, and orange slices for everyone in youth sports is the way to go.

If Mickens is a four, then Kasen Williams (pre-injury) would have been a 7 (Heisman winner, college and pro hall of famer)
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    I was going to give some more 3's and a couple 4's but after listening to TSIO 'cast I gave everybody a 1.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    godawgst said:

Whoever gave Mickens a four, would be the same guy who thinks participation ribbons, not keeping score, and orange slices for everyone in youth sports is the way to go.

If Mickens is a four, then Kasen Williams (pre-injury) would have been a 7 (Heisman winner, college and pro hall of famer)
    Uhh, Kasen was never anywhere near that good. He was a little better than Mickens, for sure.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

Uhh, Kasen was never anywhere near that good. He was a little better than Mickens, for sure.
    That's my point. Kasen isn't a 7 and no chance on god's green earth Mickens is even remotely close to a 4.