Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL 12 vs PANTH Game Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Passion said:

PurpleJ said:

Passion your the worse. Quite talkig bad about my HAWKS. The boys played hard today and I couldn't be prouder. They didn't win the game but they won my heart. Just got unlucky with the condition of the field in the 1st half. Good game Carolina.

I hope you're wooshing me, otherwise you're the world's most sopping wet douche. Either way, flagged.
    His is an uninspired troll but if you leave him be he has his bouts of hilarity and he's great for daily forum post count numbers.
    No it is Passion who is the troll here. He's resorting to name calling and bashing our players. Grade AAA jerk.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well, we'll see what happens going forward. But if this is a throw away season for Petes seahawks, I'm gonna have to take it. Carolina and Arizona both still suck, however. Champion is coming from the AFC again
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Inability to finish games dogged SEA all year. When the D can't hold leads and the O can't manage the clock inside 5 mins, TSIO, deservedly. Should've gone home last week anyway, so fate caught up with SEA today.

The Fox guys are talking about the NFL's concerns about the conditions of the turf in Carolina, btw. But WTF would they know?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They get a second place schedule.

Hopefully they can win 12 or 13 again and get home field next year. No offseason crybabies and holdouts. Draft some o linemen
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Deciding to go for it when the field goal would have cut the deficit from five scores to four in the 1st half was idiotic.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    This has been a great run, hard to be too angry and upset.
    No reason for it not to continue
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

This has been a great run, hard to be too angry and upset.
    No reason for it not to continue

Indeed. Best sports time of my miserable life. Thank you pete
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It's simple, get Bevell the fuck out of here. How many offensive gameplans in the playoffs have been anything but complete shit? Green Bay, New England, Minnesota, now Carolina.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Game really came down to not enough good Twelfies on Twitter.

If I see another hen in lime green scarves, beads, and a 12 jersey....you know they can't name more than four players either...
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2016
    Well, two years ago the talk was about a really young team capable of winning "multiple" Super Bowls.

clock is ticking.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Well, two years ago the talk was about a really young tea, capable of winning "multiple" Super Bowls.

clock is ticking.

The team will remain young and remain hungry. Pete is not scared to cut someone who isn't playing up to their expectations. That is why I am confident we will be back
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I'll be really pissed if they can't win another one.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,077
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Passion said:

Well, two years ago the talk was about a really young tea, capable of winning "multiple" Super Bowls.

clock is ticking.

The team will remain young and remain hungry. Pete is not scared to cut someone who isn't playing up to their expectations
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Glad I missed this shit show. Sometimes working on Sundays is a good thing.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2016
    Passion said:

Well, two years ago the talk was about a really young team capable of winning "multiple" Super Bowls.

clock is ticking.

I'm not one for excuses but I find it remarkable after the poor start they made it as close as they did on the road against a 15-1 squad.

Perennial Super Bowl contenders are rare. Wins come at the price of lower draft picks and decisions on which core players to keep through extensions. Deals for Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Wagner, Bennett, and Lynch and the unavailable $8M tight end make it difficult to field a complete team.

You end up with an offensive line of primarily late round picks and undrafted free agents and thin depth across the board. Carolina overwhelmed the Hawks Oline early and jumped to a big lead.

Unfortunately you cant out recruit your opponents and are at the mercy of injuries.

I'm not going to split hairs and question Carroll's decision to go for it on 4th and 5. He's got stones and it carries over to the players.

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2016
    Baseman said:

Passion said:

clock is ticking.

I'm not one for excuses but I find it remarkable after the poor start they made it as close as they did on the road against a 15-1 squad.

Perennial Super Bowl contenders are rare. Wins come at the price of lower draft picks and decisions on which core players to keep through extensions. Deals for Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Wagner, Bennett, and Lynch and the unavailable $8M tight end make it difficult to field a complete team.

You end up with an offensive line of primarily late round picks and undrafted free agents and thin depth across the board. Carolina overwhelmed the Hawks Oline early and jumped to a big lead.

Unfortunately you cant out recruit your opponents and are at the mercy of injuries.

I'm not going to split hairs and question Carroll's decision to go for it on 4th and 5. He's got stones and it carries over to the players.

So, in summary...

You're not one for excuses, but provide a few excuses.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HuskyInAZ said:

Baseman said:

Passion said:

clock is ticking.

So, in summary...

You're not one for excuses, but provide a few excuses.
    Passion Poasted the clock is ticking for a young team capable of winning multiple Super Bowls. - I agree.

The NFL sucks. Teams can only carry so much talent and for only so long. Schneider/Carroll have proven they can out draft and out coach most of the league. They can't sign and keep everybody and they can only replaced injured players with practice squad players or waiver wire pickups instead of acquiring a replacement from a losing team for a draft pick(s)
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Passion said:

clock is ticking.

I have come to accept that is who Pete is, but if he gets the fg before half. They have the ball first and ten from the 14 with 1:27 left on the clock and don't have to waste a down by spiking it needing a td to tie it and force overtime.

The NFL is a 1 play here/there league because of parity. At SC he had superior talent and he could roll the dice because his Jimmie's were so much better than their Joe's, penalties, time outs, game/clock management 98 times out of 100 didn't come into play.

If I am doing end of year self assessment on myself and coaching staff, this is what I would be working on.