Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast Episode Link

2»

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like all of your personal opinions but Jood and Lanfmdon don't have opinions and you lose the fire of the podcast with them. Vanilla won't let me edit typos with iPhone so there's that too.

My opinion is your podcast is stronger with you 3 being honest and unedited via a vis having the Times (fuck you Times!) or the apologists from doogpound blather on about how all is good while we suck.

Did I mention vanilla sucks donkey balls for typos on mobile?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    and stop using skype it blows.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The trajectory of this cast is South. The dissension, the sleepiness, the advanced metrics, the sexual tension, the vitriol ... it all made the cast entertaining as hell. This new PC version ... not so much. Call ins fuck your rhythm, and the fact that it's live, you can't clean it up after the fact.

That said, pretty easy to sit in my dads' basement critiquing your cast. The time you all put in is appreciated. Just don't lose sight of your roots. Brash, opinionated, confrontational, crude ... it's what we expect, and whether I agree or not, it is entertaining.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,300
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

If Petersen wins a few conference titles in the next 5 years then people will look at Scott Woodward fondly. I'm sure a few people here will quibble about him not sending Tyrone door ass out, hiring Sark, having shitty marketing, not firing Romar, etc. Had to ask about Woodward because it was the news of the day. I don't give a flying fuck about him anymore.

The fuck we will. Petersen is his own man. He chose to come here. No credit for Petersen can go to Woodward. Woodward gets stadium credit to offset a shitload of fuckups.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bring back depressed Jimmy, Chest eating while podcasting has become the brand too. Now gone; no warning either just gone.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

When will Roaddawg turn heel and start his own podcast.

Lol. Never. I wasn't thrilled with the Jude interview. It could have been better. My technical issues and Jude's long answers threw it off for me.

I didn't care about the Woody stuff, but I do wish I could have asked him what Jude's K:D in Call of Duty was along with his favorite mountain dew flavor. Is he a code red or berry blast guy? Does he like the Mountain Dew freezies from Taco Bell?
    Everyone knows Voltage is the best...
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought it was a good pod. The guests offered some "mainstream" perspective that was still pretty interesting, though Jude's answers were impenetrable walls of syllables. If I had a vote, I'd ask you guys to bring on guests during the offseason and stick to the regular format during the season for maximum ranting and tension (when we really need it most).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    wobidbus said:

I thought it was a good pod. The guests offered some "mainstream" perspective that was still pretty interesting, though Jude's answers were impenetrable walls of syllables. If I had a vote, I'd ask you guys to bring on guests during the offseason and stick to the regular format during the season for maximum ranting and tension (when we really need it most).

This is a big part of why this cast was sterile.There really isn't much to be worked up about now. We didn't lose to Cal at home last week nor did Browning drop back 62 times. So instead we were talking Woodward (topic of the day), TBS, and about players on the current roster.

It was simply a bad podcast. It's not because the new format. We had some bad podcasts in the past too. The ranting and tension won't be going away. I agree about guests. Jude has to play the media game and can never really say anything and bash players and coaches. We can and that's part of what makes the show what it is.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

As the guy who came in second place for an internship with @iDawg and @RaceBannon and had to go get a real job NOGAF what I have to say but this was the first podcast I will likely never finish... take it for what its worth.

I care

Houhusky said:

I only made it about 40 mins in...

The part where Jude started sucking off Woodward, Larry fucking Scott, and Romar and you guys didn't say anything to refute him. WTF?

"A lot of people are going to look back on Scott Woodward fondly..." - Jude 1/7/2016

The only response from you guys was an affirmative "No Question."

seriously...?

I understand you guys are trying to go more mainstream and pushing for a "real" show but the reality is I don't listen to the mainstream radio about anything because its really fucking boring and just a bunch of people sucking each other off to get some of the sweet sweet program access.

The part of this podcast I made it through had none of the typical Hardcore Husky sexual tension, perversion, jokes, anger, wit, metrics, arguing, insider knowledge, cussing, predictions, or fucktardedness I have come to enjoy in your podcasts.

If i cared what Jude had to say without challenging him with difficult questions, stats, or metrics I'll just read his shitty once a month blog posts.

As the guy who came in second place for an internship with @iDawg and @RaceBannon and had to go get a real job NOGAF what I have to say but this was the first podcast I will likely never finish... take it for what its worth.

Bump...

Once the podcast was taken off the perversion life support we all knew it wouldn't last long

Unless it's an April fools joke, then well done, the best jokes are rooted in reality, just not usually this much.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The Husky Fan Podcast always sucked.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,985
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Husky Fan Podcast always sucked.

Too much slovenly food chewing sounds on the HFP audio. Not enough classy, ice clinking, from hammered hosts drinking Margs and Crown Royale Bourbon and Coke, like that other pod.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    jecornel said:

After we got Jimmy lake It was all over. Jude has been on since. Chest got AIDS and dawgman ratted on us for our connection to Derek Johnson and HH. Then I couldn't afford my lease in Friday Harbor and that's when I had to move to my mom's basement. I literally had to eat boxed Mac and cheese for like 10 months. Rotted my gut and had to spend three days in the ER. I didn't have Obama care so I'm still paying my hospital bills. I work at a Pizza Hut and just started driving so I get tips now. Not to smack talk pizza delivery as it's a good job for getting through college just not when you have mouthes to feed.

HH will as be specifial. As special as samek's undefeated prediction or Kimmy G's Oregon getting the hammer prediction.
    I just couldn't imagine not being able to read pumpy's bullshit. RIP boobs and aubydoog.

In regards to Tyrone, it was my white guilt. Then I met reality of the AD staff not caring about the program. Hard lessons. I'm better for it now.

My gut is almost back to normal.

OOYBE