Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Fan Podcast Episode Link

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/HFPJan62016.mp3

Jude came on around 19 minutes, Landon around 60 minutes. Blind Calls around 76 minutes.

I didn't even mention SRS until about 80 minutes in.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,589
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lol this audio interference when Jude is talking
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As the guy who came in second place for an internship with @iDawg and @RaceBannon and had to go get a real job NOGAF what I have to say but this was the first podcast I will likely never finish... take it for what its worth.

I care
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The "no question" was in response to Petersen getting the program back to where it should be, not in regards to looking back at Scott Woodward fondly. If Petersen wins a few conference titles in the next 5 years then people will look at Scott Woodward fondly. I'm sure a few people here will quibble about him not sending Tyrone door ass out, hiring Sark, having shitty marketing, not firing Romar, etc. Had to ask about Woodward because it was the news of the day. I don't give a flying fuck about him anymore.

Jude is very thorough in his interviews and gives more insight then in the paper. And he's well informed. Thats why we had him on.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2016

When will Roaddawg turn heel and start his own podcast.

Honestly it doesn't really work with little jimmys ( @jecornel ) or @RoadDawg55 s style

Many people forget that Little jimmy was the original doog until Tyrone and the Uw athletic department kicked him in the balls for talking about how much he loved practice. Little jimmy was then taken in by roommate radio and the halfbrains and has since been a surprisingly entertaining poster and podcaster.

I enjoy little jimmys lude enduced podcasting coma and him giggling at @HeretoBeatmyChest getting upset. This format has taken away those two guys personalities and fun. Hope something changes around because I really enjoyed the original podcasts
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

When will Roaddawg turn heel and start his own podcast.

Honestly it doesn't really work with little jimmys ( @jecornel ) or @RoadDawg55 s style

Many people forget that Little jimmy was the original doog until Tyrone and the Uw athletic department kicked him in the balls for talking about how much he loved practice. Little jimmy was then taken in by roommate radio and the halfbrains and has since been a surprisingly entertaining poster and podcaster.

I enjoy little jimmys lude enduced podcasting coma and him giggling at @HeretoBeatmyChest getting upset. This format has taken away those two guys personalities and fun. Hope something changes around because I really enjoyed the original podcasts
    Meh, the podcast always sucked. Except for the episode where I got some FREE PUB!!1!

That was an all-time classic.

Too bad they lost that magic in the other episodes...
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2016
    @RoadDawg55: Upgrade that POS router or get a landline. That was torture. Dead Air is not your friend. Fortunately your listeners are too drunk, ignorant or lazy to turn it off, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

@RoadDawg55: Upgrade that POS router or get a landline. That was torture. Dead Air is not your friend. Fortunately your listeners are too drunk, ignorant or lazy to turn it off, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

So, all of us?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,883
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2016
    I've probably listened to 95% of the pods and this one seemed way more sterile and controlled. I get that maybe you need to clean it up a little for some guests, but pods are fun because they can be wacky and spontaneous. Honestly guys this one seemed like you're driving to get on a Yakima radio station each Monday at 8:30 p.m. or something. Idk, maybe you are.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2016
    Well with increased success comes increased criticism.

The pods are approaching a consistent 1000 listeners, and I agree the pod has toned down some.

I don't think that will always be the case.

The edginess will be there. FO, G.

Woodward is a fair question. It happened that day and talking his legacy is valid. I think it was a fine discussion.

I thought Jude had some good stuff to say honestly.

The pod isn't for everyone. Some valid points made, thanks for the feedback.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2016
    @jecornel: Best thing you can do for ratings and listeners is talk over HTBMC and set him off. Best 20 seconds of podcasting in 2015! Aside from that, I second Meek, above, re cans & string. The technical issues are self-inflicted damage. Good equipment and getting everyone on the same platform via conference call or whatever would really help.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks turdbuffer