Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is wrong with you people?

Stanford sacked Keith Price 3 X in the game last year. Big deal. Is our line play better than last year? Yep. Who do they have on the D-Line that is different than last year? Did they change their DC? No and No.

Take a look at the depth chart: same guys: http://www.gostanford.com/pdf9/2545044.pdf?ATCLID=209273200&SPSID=749925&SPID=127013&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30600

Sankey rushed for 144 yards and got 7+ ypc last year.

Our defense held Stanford to 2.3 YPC with a long running play of SEVEN YARDS. Is our defense really worse than last year? We're better, man.

The formula is simple:
1) Good corner play and safety play allows us to stuff the run. Take the pass interference penalty versus giving up the big play and hammer their receivers and wide receivers all day long at the line of scrimmage.
2) On offense, pound the ball and wear out the defense with our tempo. Spread the field with quick outs to the WRs and the occassionaly take your shot.

We win this game and are 5-0.

Stop over-thinking it. It's really not that complicated. 31-20 DAWGS.

Comments

• jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499

Doog.

Or whoosh. I'm not sure yet.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Feels like whoosh to me.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited October 2013
    He calls himself DoogieMcDoogerson, and you're guessing it's a woosh? Holy crap you guys
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    The Coney Island McDoogersons are a very prominent east coast family
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,609 Swaye's Wigwam
    speed, speed, speed
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He calls himself DoogieMcDoogerson, and you're guessing it's a woosh? Holy crap you guys

But maybe THAT'S the whoosh

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    You guys have to admit. My facts on this are pretty solid. Why is everyone freaking out about this game? It's not like we need Arizona123 to predict defeat in order to beat these guys. I'm not saying they're weak but quite honestly, they are very beatable and the fact it's at home ( given it's stanford ) is not particularly relevant. That's not a hostile place.

You guys have to admit. My facts on this are pretty solid. Why is everyone freaking out about this game? It's not like we need Arizona123 to predict defeat in order to beat these guys. I'm not saying they're weak but quite honestly, they are very beatable and the fact it's at home ( given it's stanford ) is not particularly relevant. That's not a hostile place.

There's a lot more to HFA than just some hostile screaming fans.

For one thing, it means UW does NOT have HFA. Even if you downgraded this all the way to a neutral sight game (which would be stupid), Sark's success rate at neutral sites isn't exactly awe inspiring. His winning percentage at home is far higher than at neutral sites.

Secondly, you have to factor in one team is away from home and one team has all the comforts of home. Sleeping in your own bed >>>> sleeping in a hotel. Not traveling >>>> traveling. Playing on the field you play at the most >>>>> playing at a field you visit once every other year. Etc.

Thirdly, while it's not like visiting Autzen, there will still be enough Tree fans there to influence the officiating to some degree.

Most importantly, unless Woodward has finally learned and gone on the road with the team, this means Sark won't get his 90 minutes of Pool Boy on Pool Boy cuddle time. This is the real source of our road woes, IMO.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    dnc said:

There's a lot more to HFA than just some hostile screaming fans.

For one thing, it means UW does NOT have HFA. Even if you downgraded this all the way to a neutral sight game (which would be stupid), Sark's success rate at neutral sites isn't exactly awe inspiring. His winning percentage at home is far higher than at neutral sites.

Secondly, you have to factor in one team is away from home and one team has all the comforts of home. Sleeping in your own bed >>>> sleeping in a hotel. Not traveling >>>> traveling. Playing on the field you play at the most >>>>> playing at a field you visit once every other year. Etc.

Thirdly, while it's not like visiting Autzen, there will still be enough Tree fans there to influence the officiating to some degree.

Most importantly, unless Woodward has finally learned and gone on the road with the team, this means Sark won't get his 90 minutes of Pool Boy on Pool Boy cuddle time. This is the real source of our road woes, IMO.

That and the fact that you can't take blow with you on planes anymore. Sark just needs to get better connected outside of home.

Stanford has lost one home game since 2009, and that was to the Mighty Oregon Plunger Rapists.

• You guys have to admit. My facts on this are pretty solid. Why is everyone freaking out about this game? It's not like we need Arizona123 to predict defeat in order to beat these guys. I'm not saying they're weak but quite honestly, they are very beatable and the fact it's at home ( given it's stanford ) is not particularly relevant. That's not a hostile place.

Stanford has lost one home game since 2009, and that was to the Mighty Oregon Plunger Rapists.

To be fair how many ranked opponents have they defeated in that stretch?
    edited October 2013

More than we've defeated on the road

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    stats, loosers

To be fair, UW won't be ranked three weeks from now.

Stanford has beaten the following ranked teams at home from 2010-present (rankings are at the time the game was played):
    2010 - #15 Arizona, 42-17 (take a note of this one)
    2011 - #25 Washington rather easily, say 65-21
    2011 - #22 Notre Dame, 28-14
    2012 - #2 (lol) USC, 21-14
    2012 - #11 Oregon State, 27-23
    2012 - #16 UCLA, 27-24

Here's Washington's comprehensive list of road wins over ranked teams during the same time frame:
    2010 - #18 USC, 32-31
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    TheGlove said:

stats, loosers

FO, G.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Stats are for losers in football, especially on the road. Huskies could win, but if they do it will defy logic and the intangibles, such as Stanford's desire for payback to the only Pac-12 opponent they lost to last season and Sark's record of mediocre or shaky-at-best management of road games.

Still, Stanford isn't perfect or I believe as good as many in the no-account expert media think. Huskies could win in an upset if the Tree somehow help us in ways no-one can even begin to predict. UW must play it's best game thus far in 2013 and hope to be there with some kind of lead at the end.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010
    jmc84 said:

Doog.

Or whoosh. I'm not sure yet.
    Total fucking whoosh. I could smell that with a fucking cold. Nobody not named Oregondawg or Krisvashon is that stupid, and those fucks never venture too far from home for fear they might get lost. That, and neither one of them is clever enough to change their handles.

Trust me, it's a whoosh, and not a very good one at that.
  • You guys have to admit. My facts on this are pretty solid. Why is everyone freaking out about this game? It's not like we need Arizona123 to predict defeat in order to beat these guys. I'm not saying they're weak but quite honestly, they are very beatable and the fact it's at home ( given it's stanford ) is not particularly relevant. That's not a hostile place.

To be fair, UW won't be ranked three weeks from now.

Stanford has beaten the following ranked teams at home from 2010-present (rankings are at the time the game was played):
    2010 - #15 Arizona, 42-17 (take a note of this one)
    2011 - #25 Washington rather easily, say 65-21
    2011 - #22 Notre Dame, 28-14
    2012 - #2 (lol) USC, 21-14
    2012 - #11 Oregon State, 27-23
    2012 - #16 UCLA, 27-24

Here's Washington's comprehensive list of road wins over ranked teams during the same time frame:
    2010 - #18 USC, 32-31
    Damn never thought I'd see the day where Stanford has the best homefield advantage in the conference.