Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Austin Hooper (Stanford, TE) Selling Couch for NFL Sofa

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    That is also very good news

Stanford loses Hogan, 4 OL, Rector, Cajuste, and now Hooper on offense ...

McCaffrey is great ... but they've got a lot to replace and prove around him next year.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It can only help. With so many NFL openings, the success of Stanford, the success Harbaugh had at the next level, I wonder if this is the year Shaw moves on.

I'm not saying he's Harbaugh, but he's lasted long enough and performed well enough and produced next level guys long enough for an NFL GM to not feel like they are pressing with an offer.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

That is also very good news

Stanford loses Hogan, 4 OL, Rector, Cajuste, and now Hooper on offense ...

McCaffrey is great ... but they've got a lot to replace and prove around him next year.

Stanford only loses 2 OL (Murphy & Garnett), and Rector was a RSJr this year.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Rector can come back, and so can two of their OL... Garnett and Murphy are gone on the OL for sure.

As of today they are losing 11 starters: LT, LG, TE, QB, WR, DL, DL, OLB, ILB, S, CB... If Rector goes that makes it 12.

Stanford is fucking annoying because they list all of their players by their academis year. It's bullshit and I hate them.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Yeah but still
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Rector can come back, and so can two of their OL... Garnett and Murphy are gone on the OL for sure.

As of today they are losing 11 starters: LT, LG, TE, QB, WR, DL, DL, OLB, ILB, S, CB... If Rector goes that makes it 12.

Stanford is fucking annoying because they list all of their players by their academis year. It's bullshit and I hate them.

So what you are saying is that it's not my fault.

I could have sworn that I heard that Stanford was losing 4 OL this year ... where did I hear that?

Any team that is losing half (or more) of their starters are bound to struggle the following season ... and their early season schedule isn't going to give them a soft landing.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Stanford had 8 guys get 1st or 2nd team all league. With Hooper going that means 7 of the 8 are gone. They definitely will be rebuilding and won't come close to the #4 SRS but they can be a good team. Their WRs are replaceable, Dalton Schultz could be good at TE and Chryst at QB could be very good. McCaffrey is all world of course. A few of the backups on defense like Thomas and Tyler had very good seasons and could be stars next year.

The pac-12 and each division will be totally wide open next year. Could be a year where 6-3 with a tiebreaker wins the north.

If UW beats Stanford then we will be the big favorite in the north heading into October. But can we hold onto it?
  • Options
    Agree that with the way Stanford has recruited, they will find good players to replace at some point.

With an opening schedule next year consisting of:

KState
    Bye
    USC
    @UCLA
    @Washington (Friday)
    Washington State
    @Notre Dame

Stanford will be lucky to get through that stretch at 4-2 IMO.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was talking to a guy yesterday who said Stanford's backup QB is a highly rated kid named Keller Chryst who has been carefully groomed and is a redshirt sophomore next year who is tanned,rested, and ready... allegedly. I can't verify b/c I don't care enough.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Stanford is in plug-n-play mode. They have a bunch of 4 star guys filling the spots these guys are leaving. The QB is likely better than Hogan. They'll drop a little in terms of experience but will likely be picked to win the North again.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stanford is in plug-n-play mode. They have a bunch of 4 star guys filling the spots these guys are leaving. The QB is likely better than Hogan. They'll drop a little in terms of experience but will likely be picked to win the North again.

That's why the colts need to shit can Pagano and hire Shaw away to reunite with Andrew Luck.