Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taylor Rapp Senior Highlights

2»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ...and he doesn't ask for permission.
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This kid is a straight up gangster. I finally got around to watching his tape and he is blowing people up everywhere. I fucking love the way he plays. He's exactly the type of kid UW needs to stop playing like pussies.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Early enrollee too, gotta hope he's starting SS next to Buttah come season opener.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    digits said:

Early enrollee too, gotta hope he's starting SS next to Buttah come season opener.

I doubt it. You got Buttah, McIntosh, Zeke Turner, Beaver, and Walker all returning at safety. If a true frosh is starting over all those guys for game 1, that's not a good thing. Rapp will likely get some time at special teams like Bartlett did this year and some mop-up play at safety.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

digits said:

I doubt it. You got Buttah, McIntosh, Zeke Turner, Beaver, and Walker all returning at safety. If a true frosh is starting over all those guys for game 1, that's not a good thing. Rapp will likely get some time at special teams like Bartlett did this year and some mop-up play at safety.
    Quite a few tr FR have come in and broke into the 2 deeps since Petersen has been here, although that was mostly by mere necessity.

Either way, interesting.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2016
    So many triggers.
    So many microaggressions.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

digits said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him start.

JoJo wasn't particularly impressive in the game and as @digits said, Pete has started TFr. a lot more than I would've predicted. With him coming in early, he'll have a whole off-season of weights to bulk up.

I think there's an 81% chance he starts by Pac-12 play.

Also: Zeke Turner sucks, Beaver sucks and Walker will probably LEAVE if he has a brain. The only guy we have at S is Buddah. McIntosh isn't amazing, but I think he'll be serviceable.

I think the rotation will be Buttah, RappCulture & McIntosh.

Also, the three things that this D needs to go to the next level is... 1. A punishing SS, 2. A pass rushing BUCK and 3. Good play on 3rd downs.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

digits said:

JoJo wasn't particularly impressive in the game and as @digits said, Pete has started TFr. a lot more than I would've predicted. With him coming in early, he'll have a whole off-season of weights to bulk up.

Also: Zeke Turner sucks, Beaver sucks and Walker will probably LEAVE if he has a brain. The only guy we have at S is Buddah. McIntosh isn't amazing, but I think he'll be serviceable.

Also, the three things that this D needs to go to the next level is... 1. A punishing SS, 2. A pass rushing BUCK and 3. Good play on 3rd downs.
    As you said, McIntosh is already a perfectly adequate starting SS. He's also only in his second year and could very well turn into a key player on our defense. I don't see Rapp unseating him.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

digits said:

As you said, McIntosh is already a perfectly adequate starting SS. He's also only in his second year and could very well turn into a key player on our defense. I don't see Rapp unseating him.
    He's a FS.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

digits said:

He's a FS.
    Sure, but he's going to be our second best safety going into next season and we're not going to have him waste away backing up Budda.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

digits said:

He's a FS.
    Sure, but he's going to be our second best safety going into next season and we're not going to have him waste away backing up Budda.
    This.

Or Budda can be a hybrid and play either SS or FS depending on the defense and the personnel, especially on nickel and dime packages.