Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I agree with Groz. Russell is easily the best QB Seattle has ever had, but greatness is measured over a career, not over a four year period. With losing Lynch and the way the defense has come back to earth if he wins the Owl this year he'll lock it in, otherwise it will take him a couple more years to get to that spot. It's his before his extension is over rather easily, baring injury.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    For me, it's about results. As much as I find Russell Wilson annoying, he has generated results. Krieg was very inconsistent. Hasselbeck was good, but not great. Neither of these guys won a championship. Wilson has already done that.

You can play a long time and suck. It doesn't make you great.

Of course, Wilson needs to keep winning games and another championship or two. But, he has already proven himself head and shoulders above any QB the Hawks have ever had.

That's just my humble opinion and I'm some middle aged dumb donkey.
  • Options

For me, it's about results. As much as I find Russell Wilson annoying, he has generated results. Krieg was very inconsistent. Hasselbeck was good, but not great. Neither of these guys won a championship. Wilson has already done that.

Of course, Wilson needs to keep winning games and another championship or two. But, he has already proven himself head and shoulders above any QB the Hawks have ever had.

I don't hate the opinion I just disagree. For me I'd give it to Hasselback who had the longest period of sustained success. But I'm certainly not arguing that he was a better QB than Russell. I'm the guy who thinks that if the improvement's Wilson's made from the pocket are real he has a real shot to end up as a top 10 QB of all tim. That was his only big weakness and he does everything else well. If he's turned that into a strength he will be unstoppable.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I don't hate the opinion I just disagree. For me I'd give it to Hasselback who had the longest period of sustained success. But I'm certainly not arguing that he was a better QB than Russell. I'm the guy who thinks that if the improvement's Wilson's made from the pocket are real he has a real shot to end up as a top 10 QB of all tim. That was his only big weakness and he does everything else well. If he's turned that into a strength he will be unstoppable.
    Hasselbeck sucked against good defenses and in clutch situations, that's enough for me to put Russell ahead of him.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I vote for Rick Mirer.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Jesus @HeretoBeatmyChest, what is the deal with your super gay avatar? NTTAWWT
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Jesus @HeretoBeatmyChest, what is the deal with your super gay avatar? NTTAWWT

I changed it back.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

I vote for Rick Mirer.

Stan Gelbaugh calls Rick Mirer's bullshit and raises him Sven's $20.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I vote for Rick Mirer.

I remember Rick said he went back for his 5th season just to win the Heisman.. which he didn't win. Drafting him 2nd after Bledsoe went 1st was a mini Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf situation.
  • Options

I vote for Rick Mirer.

I remember Rick said he went back for his 5th season just to win the Heisman.. which he didn't win. Drafting him 2nd after Bledsoe went 1st was a mini Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf situation.
    Yeah but the Hooks flipped Rick Mirer to the Jets for a first rounder while the Chargers got nothing to show for Leaf. I still can't believe they got someone to part with a first round pick for a guy with 41 TDs to 56 INTs.

Mirer also got sacked 47 tims his rookie year which probably had a lot to do with his failed development.

No doubt it was a bad choice, but nowhere near as disastrous as Leaf. End results they got more out of Mirer than they did the #6 pick they dealt for Stouffer. Of course Mirer was the 2nd pick so not sure which was more costly.
  • Options
    gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    I just hate the Groz. I thought he died of a heart attack years ago?

Maybe it was just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I just hate the Groz. I thought he died of a heart attack years ago?

Maybe it was just wishful thinking.

Groz is faggit!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Russell has won a ring and been to 2 Super Bowls. Knowing the laughably terrible history of the franchise that's all the ammo you need for the argument.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Groz was a total dumbshit long before this nugget. Never has a guy made a better living doing something that he has absolutely no knowledge of. (hi tyrone!)
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I agree with Groz. Russell is easily the best QB Seattle has ever had, but greatness is measured over a career, not over a four year period. With losing Lynch and the way the defense has come back to earth if he wins the Owl this year he'll lock it in, otherwise it will take him a couple more years to get to that spot. It's his before his extension is over rather easily, baring injury.

I was wrong about RW. I thought if He was on a team that required HIM to outscore the opponent, He'd struggle. But since Bevil took off the gloves and decided to chuck it, he's shined.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hasselbeck will always be my favorite qb