Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My hope for this website & message board.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Look, I know I'm new here, and I am not attempting to lecture those of you that started this thing (rather, I thank you).

It's just my hope that folks here will identify good things and bad things when it's warranted. If a particular part of the team plays well in a game, let's talk about it. If we manage to finally beat a spread team, let's cheer a little bit.

I think the only way this place will become a viable and credible alternative to the "north korean gazette" (i.e., dawgman.com) is to have balanced commentary. This will allow HardcoreHusky.com to be a forum for candid exchange, rather than a bar for grumpy old men.

Again, not a lecture, and thanks to those of you that took the time to create and manage this place.

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    your trying too hard.
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

your trying too hard.

I'm passionate, dude. Why do you think I picked this name? I don't do things half assed.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I agree with what you're saying, but I don't see too much to be optimistic about other than the beautifully remodeled stadium. If they come out and beat Boise rather easily, say 35-17, you will see lots of posts in here of people feeling better about the state of the program.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

your trying too hard.

i

FO,G
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2013
    No doubt we identify the good things as well as the bad. If I could give you one bit of advice though, it would be to lighten up a bit. On dm.com you come accross as serious most of the
    Passion said:

Look, I know I'm new here, and I am not attempting to lecture those of you that started this thing (rather, I thank you).

It's just my hope that folks here will identify good things and bad things when it's warranted. If a particular part of the team plays well in a game, let's talk about it. If we manage to finally beat a spread team, let's cheer a little bit.

I think the only way this place will become a viable and credible alternative to the "north korean gazette" (i.e., dawgman.com) is to have balanced commentary. This will allow HardcoreHusky.com to be a forum for candid exchange, rather than a bar for grumpy old men.

Again, not a lecture, and thanks to those of you that took the time to create and manage this place.

Passion said:

A piece of advice for you is to lighten up a bit. You came across as serious most of the time on dm.com. We have balanced commentary here, but will also go heavy on the satire, sarcasm and making fun of people who follow Kim's cult of personality

• Options

No doubt we identify the good things as well as the bad. If I could give you one bit of advice though, it would be to lighten up a bit. On dm.com you come accross as serious most of the

Passion said:

Passion said:

A piece of advice for you is to lighten up a bit. You came across as serious most of the time on dm.com. We have balanced commentary here, but will also go heavy on the satire, sarcasm and making fun of people who follow Kim's cult of personality

You may not believe this, but I'm actually a pretty funny guy. I guess it's the subject of Husky Football that causes that side of my personality to disappear.

Suggestion noted.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    LOL. We need a chat room.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Look, Derek works hard on this site. He tries to make everyone happy,but some of you are just never satisfied and enjoy being miserable. Maybe you need to step away for awhile or we wil do it for you. May e when you start a website, you can include a chat room. Mmmkay?
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Look, Derek works hard on this site. He tries to make everyone happy,but some of you are just never satisfied and enjoy being miserable. Maybe you need to step away for awhile or we wil do it for you. May e when you start a website, you can include a chat room. Mmmkay?
    Cunty Grinolds posts are always a favorite of mine.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Put a fucking pencil in your eye
  • Options
    Founders Club

Put a fucking pencil in your eye, or you're gone.

fixed
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If you can't lighten up, here's a pencil.

Hi Kim!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    I would pay money to watch somebody drive a golf ball into kim's nads.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hahahaha. Very rarely do I read something that makes me laugh that hard. The timing of that was great because Kim said that just a couple of days ago.

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hahahaha. Very rarely do I read something that makes me laugh that hard. The timing of that was great because Kim said that just a couple of days ago.

We know "Cunty Kim" better than Kim knows "Cunty Kim".
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How would I know that Kim said that? #HiKim
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I think you might be new here.