Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Richt to Miami.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
W.JW. A Willingham-style fired-into-a-raise gambit?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    welcome to three days ago
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mea culpa. Been buried this week.

(Really, three days? I'm embarrassed to say I'm now seeing a few articles that came out yesterday...)
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

In defense of Richt, I like that he told UGA to fuck off that he wasn't corching their bowel game for free pub. That one decision makes me think he might just go into Fuck You Forever mode and kick some ass at the U. Probably not, but I'll LIFPO.

Better local talent and a less competitive conference. He's familiar with the program from it's early re-birth as a player under Schnellenberger and is a familiar face in all of the recruiting pipelines in Florida. LIFPO is always the right answer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

In defense of Richt, I like that he told UGA to fuck off that he wasn't corching their bowel game for free pub. That one decision makes me think he might just go into Fuck You Forever mode and kick some ass at the U. Probably not, but I'll LIFPO.

Better local talent and a less competitive conference. He's familiar with the program from it's early re-birth as a player under Schnellenberger and is a familiar face in all of the recruiting pipelines in Florida. LIFPO is always the right answer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well there.
    This
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dnc said:

This
    Maybe. Either way it'll be interesting.

Yes on the recruiting. I always thought Georgia was like the Washington of the SEC. Very solid program, but lacking the shine of the bigger old names, and out-done by some newcomers in their conference that were previously dreck. That's all to say that I think Georgia is a harder recruiting job than, say, Alabama or LSU ... or Florida. And he did it well.

Miami still, despite themselves, produces superstars on a regular basis. But the best Miami teams have always been LOADED teams, and they have not been there in several years. I think maybe he can do that.

I'm still underwhelmed by the hire, but as the guy in the Herald wrote, it's probably the best they could do with the established names; Saban wasn't coming, and neither was Chip Kelly.

That leaves you with the real hire you should make by finding the guy who's doing it well at a lesser program looking for his first gig on the big stage.

I don't know who that would have been. Cristobal? Maybe.

Anyway, time will tell.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He won 9 games in the SEC SEC SEC without his best player, he's a pretty good coach.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

dnc said:

This

Yes on the recruiting. I always thought Georgia was like the Washington of the SEC. Very solid program, but lacking the shine of the bigger old names, and out-done by some newcomers in their conference that were previously dreck. That's all to say that I think Georgia is a harder recruiting job than, say, Alabama or LSU ... or Florida. And he did it well.

Miami still, despite themselves, produces superstars on a regular basis. But the best Miami teams have always been LOADED teams, and they have not been there in several years. I think maybe he can do that.

I'm still underwhelmed by the hire, but as the guy in the Herald wrote, it's probably the best they could do with the established names; Saban wasn't coming, and neither was Chip Kelly.

That leaves you with the real hire you should make by finding the guy who's doing it well at a lesser program looking for his first gig on the big stage.

Anyway, time will tell.
    Lmao that you were delusional enough to entertain the idea of either Saban or Kelly going to Miami.
  • Options

dnc said:

This

Anyway, time will tell.
    Lmao that you were delusional enough to entertain the idea of either Saban or Kelly going to Miami.
    I guess you weren't there the day they were teaching the fucking Engrish at Fuckstick High.

"Saban wasn't coming, and neither was Chip Kelly."

I re-read what I wrote, and I think it means that I didn't think either of the named people were coming to Miami.

Still confused Leonard?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He will kill it at Miami.

The ACC Championship was Clemson and North Carolina. He will go from Bama, Florida, and LSU to FSU, VaTech, and Clemson with equal to more talent.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2015

dnc said:

This

Anyway, time will tell.
    I guess you weren't there the day they were teaching the fucking Engrish at Fuckstick High.

I re-read what I wrote, and I think it means that I didn't think either of the named people were coming to Miami.

Still confused Leonard?
    Huh? You were underwhelmed with Richt, which implies that you thought they could've gotten a better coach considering his success relative to the field. But that wasn't Kelly? Ok then.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Miami should have hired Sark so we could see how long it takes him to relapse on South Beach.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,932
    edited December 2015
    Chip was coming alright. It was just in a saucy Latin named Caesar who was wearing a dog chain and liederhosen.
  • Options

dnc said:

This

Anyway, time will tell.

Still confused Leonard?
    Huh? You were underwhelmed with Richt, which implies that you thought they could've gotten a better coach considering his success relative to the field. But that wasn't Kelly? Ok then.
    Huh? You're twisting yourself into a mental pretzel. Read what I wrote; don't try and read my mind. It's simple: I said they weren't coming. And I'm underwhelmed. How are those mutually exclusive?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

The ACC Championship was Clemson and North Carolina. He will go from Bama, Florida, and LSU to FSU, VaTech, and Clemson with equal to more talent.

Your point stands, but you also have to consider that Clemson and FSU are better than every SEC team except for maybe Alabama.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Your point stands, but you also have to consider that Clemson and FSU are better than every SEC team except for maybe Alabama.
    Don't disagree.