Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Choate Gone

13»

Comments

• Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Get Randy Hart back. Sark was a fucktard for firing him -- even though he was probably trying to clean house of all of the Ty leftovers -- but Hart was never a Ty guy -- he is just a mother fucking touch coach -- which he has been proving at Furd.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Piss the Cuogs off and go after Salavea.

#myjoe aint goin anywhere.

At least not until USC come callin.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Passion said:

Bad news. Don't really understand Chaote's thinking, but whatever.

Hire a good replacement Perersen.

FCS HC > FBS position coach, IMO
    Maybe. It's a close call though. He'll always have a big boy job as a DL/special teams coach if he flames out, but it might be quicker to get the DC gig somewhere big time, do well for a few years and then be in the conversation for some bigger school head jobs.

Beau Baldwin has been a successful FCS coach for a long time and nobody is knocking down his door. Maybe a San Jose State takes a chance. Pay is probably pretty similar between the gigs too.
    I think Paul Wulff may have more than a little to do with that.
  • Options
    gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

These next two hires should be closely watched, they will be very telling about who petersen is

First, we don't know that the changes are over. Relieving a position coach of his duty with a bowl game to go is way different than a coordinator. A position coach is normally one of your recruiting soldiers. Your coordinator is tied to game planning. Pete has already stated that his expectation is winning the bowl game. Firing a coordinator heading into a bowl game isn't inline with the plan of winning the bowl game.

Losing Choate is less than ideal, but is mitigated by Coach K being a DL guy himself. He'll continue to have a heavy interest in the position and I'm sure will properly vet the hire. I'm probably less worried about this than most.

Firing Pease can't be anything but a positive to me as a program. Many on this board that have more than half a brain have singled out the WR grouping and play calling as major issues in the program. With the direction of these groups, those that don't have patience and allowing the process to play out have singled out Petersen as not being wise to what was going on. Firing Pease tells you that Petersen is on the ball. He sees that the WR grouping isn't progressing at the level that we expect it to progress ... particularly when compared to the defensive side of the ball or even the growth of the OL on the offensive side.

If I was Babushka, I wouldn't be feeling very good about my prospects going forward.

Pete's showing that he's willing to allow underperformers the opportunity to grab the rope and hang themselves, sink or swim, or whatever the fuck your favorite analogy is. IF the firing of Pease isn't making your sweatpants bulge at the prospects of Pete being the guy that we thought he was, then you need to immediately go take a long walk near the water and flush the baggage of the past 15 years because it has nothing to do with what we are seeing going forward. If anything, the firing of Pease should make you more bullish on the long-term prospects of this program.

THIS is a good day for the program IMO
    Pease is a position coach. I didn't know that Pease created this offense, called the plays, decided when to go for it on 4th down, Lindy package, says faggy shit about the best way to attack a defense, and is 8-10 in Pac 12 play.
    You read all the way to the bottom?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

These next two hires should be closely watched, they will be very telling about who petersen is

First, we don't know that the changes are over. Relieving a position coach of his duty with a bowl game to go is way different than a coordinator. A position coach is normally one of your recruiting soldiers. Your coordinator is tied to game planning. Pete has already stated that his expectation is winning the bowl game. Firing a coordinator heading into a bowl game isn't inline with the plan of winning the bowl game.

Losing Choate is less than ideal, but is mitigated by Coach K being a DL guy himself. He'll continue to have a heavy interest in the position and I'm sure will properly vet the hire. I'm probably less worried about this than most.

Firing Pease can't be anything but a positive to me as a program. Many on this board that have more than half a brain have singled out the WR grouping and play calling as major issues in the program. With the direction of these groups, those that don't have patience and allowing the process to play out have singled out Petersen as not being wise to what was going on. Firing Pease tells you that Petersen is on the ball. He sees that the WR grouping isn't progressing at the level that we expect it to progress ... particularly when compared to the defensive side of the ball or even the growth of the OL on the offensive side.

If I was Babushka, I wouldn't be feeling very good about my prospects going forward.

Pete's showing that he's willing to allow underperformers the opportunity to grab the rope and hang themselves, sink or swim, or whatever the fuck your favorite analogy is. IF the firing of Pease isn't making your sweatpants bulge at the prospects of Pete being the guy that we thought he was, then you need to immediately go take a long walk near the water and flush the baggage of the past 15 years because it has nothing to do with what we are seeing going forward. If anything, the firing of Pease should make you more bullish on the long-term prospects of this program.

THIS is a good day for the program IMO
    Pease is a position coach. I didn't know that Pease created this offense, called the plays, decided when to go for it on 4th down, Lindy package, says faggy shit about the best way to attack a defense, and is 8-10 in Pac 12 play.
    You read all the way to the bottom?
    Unfortunately.