Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Choate Gone

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

section8 said:

Just waiting for the chorus of "hire Tui", "Hire empterman" etc..

Hire Talia Chriton
    You really want Damone to die don't you?
    Who?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Bad news. Don't really understand Chaote's thinking, but whatever.

Hire a good replacement Perersen.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I half expect Peterman to hire Tosh.O...if I remember correctly even after he was let go he was still hanging around the practices as he was close to our LB coach (wasn't he the DC @ Cal when Tosh was there) and I thought he knew our DC as well from some other connection.

If it happens also bet Kim will praise the hire for 2 weeks until he realize Peterman will keep Tosh far away from all the TBSers, at which point he'll start trashing the hire.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2015
    dnc said:

Passion said:

FCS HC > FBS position coach, IMO
    Maybe. It's a close call though. He'll always have a big boy job as a DL/special teams coach if he flames out, but it might be quicker to get the DC gig somewhere big time, do well for a few years and then be in the conversation for some bigger school head jobs.

Beau Baldwin has been a successful FCS coach for a long time and nobody is knocking down his door. Maybe a San Jose State takes a chance. Pay is probably pretty similar between the gigs too.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Choate has a history of bouncing around. He did a good job for us but looking at his track record this cant be a surprise. He probably really wanted to be an HC, pay cut or not.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    MikeMonan said:

Coach Choate is a great DLine coach and has done a great job in his short time.

I agree with @LoneStarDawg on who gets hired to replace the Purseswinger Coach and Choate...

Poast more on Bud Heavy's ...

I don't normally drink Bud Heavy's ... but I'll drink one with you next week
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

These next two hires should be closely watched, they will be very telling about who petersen is

First, we don't know that the changes are over. Relieving a position coach of his duty with a bowl game to go is way different than a coordinator. A position coach is normally one of your recruiting soldiers. Your coordinator is tied to game planning. Pete has already stated that his expectation is winning the bowl game. Firing a coordinator heading into a bowl game isn't inline with the plan of winning the bowl game.

Losing Choate is less than ideal, but is mitigated by Coach K being a DL guy himself. He'll continue to have a heavy interest in the position and I'm sure will properly vet the hire. I'm probably less worried about this than most.

Firing Pease can't be anything but a positive to me as a program. Many on this board that have more than half a brain have singled out the WR grouping and play calling as major issues in the program. With the direction of these groups, those that don't have patience and allowing the process to play out have singled out Petersen as not being wise to what was going on. Firing Pease tells you that Petersen is on the ball. He sees that the WR grouping isn't progressing at the level that we expect it to progress ... particularly when compared to the defensive side of the ball or even the growth of the OL on the offensive side.

If I was Babushka, I wouldn't be feeling very good about my prospects going forward.

Pete's showing that he's willing to allow underperformers the opportunity to grab the rope and hang themselves, sink or swim, or whatever the fuck your favorite analogy is. IF the firing of Pease isn't making your sweatpants bulge at the prospects of Pete being the guy that we thought he was, then you need to immediately go take a long walk near the water and flush the baggage of the past 15 years because it has nothing to do with what we are seeing going forward. If anything, the firing of Pease should make you more bullish on the long-term prospects of this program.

THIS is a good day for the program IMO
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I think unfortunately babushka saved his job, unless we see a turd in the bowl game.

Something seems different between a CP apprentice in JS, vs a retread in Pease. But I'll be happy if it happens.

I'm more picky about the WR hire, it better be a massive upgrade to show that CP had a plan and can get us to that next level and a solid position coach bought in. I don't think we can have any more OJT, we need to win now.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Passion said:

Why would a DL coach not take his one legitimate opportunity to be a head coach? Choate is a journeyman. Being a head coach is a big deal, even at Montana State.
    This. Equate it to normal life terms. If I am a Director or Senior Manager at a huge company (Lockheed, Ford, whatever), and a small to midsize company (1000 employees or so) offers me an Executive Vice President job, even at near the same salary, I take it. Greater sphere of influence and span of control, plus, I now have EVP on a resume and if I do well I can get an EVP job with a bigger company in a couple years. If I just stay with the mega company in middle management I will probably toil away at that forever (most do). You take the break when you get it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2015
    Swaye said:

Passion said:

Why would a DL coach not take his one legitimate opportunity to be a head coach? Choate is a journeyman. Being a head coach is a big deal, even at Montana State.
    This. Equate it to normal life terms. If I am a shift manager at Jiffy Lube, and a smaller company offers me my own shop, even at near the same salary, I take it. Greater sphere of influence and span of control, plus, I now have shop manager on my resume and if I do well I can get an shift manager job with a bigger company in a couple years. If I just stay with Jiffy Lube in shift management I will probably toil away at that forever (most do). You take the break when you get it.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

Passion said:

This. Equate it to normal life terms. If I am a Director or Senior Manager at a huge company (Lockheed, Ford, whatever), and a small to midsize company (1000 employees or so) offers me an Executive Vice President job, even at near the same salary, I take it. Greater sphere of influence and span of control, plus, I now have EVP on a resume and if I do well I can get an EVP job with a bigger company in a couple years. If I just stay with the mega company in middle management I will probably toil away at that forever (most do). You take the break when you get it.
    This.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

MikeMonan said:

I agree with @LoneStarDawg on who gets hired to replace the Purseswinger Coach and Choate...

am I the only one who doesn't even know what Bud Heavy means?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Passion said:

This. Equate it to normal life terms. If I am a shift manager at Jiffy Lube, and a smaller company offers me my own shop, even at near the same salary, I take it. Greater sphere of influence and span of control, plus, I now have shop manager on my resume and if I do well I can get an shift manager job with a bigger company in a couple years. If I just stay with Jiffy Lube in shift management I will probably toil away at that forever (most do). You take the break when you get it.
    I tried to make it about people who might see some success in life, unlike me.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

Tequilla said:

MikeMonan said:

Yes.
  • Options
    MikeMonanMikeMonan Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

Meek said:

Tequilla said:

MikeMonan said:

Yes.
    Sounds like you are on the outside looking in.....
  • Options
    MikeMonanMikeMonan Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The opposite of Bud Light....