Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Five reasons why Clay Helton is the right hire for USC

PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
L-O-fucking-L

http://www.scout.com/college/usc/forums/1720-trojan-football/14344573-clay-helton-named-head-coach

SoCalDukeFan:

"I am happy with this for several reasons.

1. Helton has been a big part of USC’s recruiting success. College sports do not have a draft or a salary cap, so you can just recruit better players which gives you a better chance to win.

2. Evidently a solid guy, no character issues.

3. He did a very good job stepping in after the Sark debacle. The USC team that played Saturday played much better than the team that played against Washington, despite key injuries.

4. Continuity. The players have been through a lot. Why upset everything again.

5. Lots of top college jobs are open, Helton probably better than any that they had a shot of getting. For me Chip Kelly is not the guy for USC. Gimmick offense that requires the right players, look at Oregon when their QB was hurt, look at the Eagles this year. Also questions about his recruiting methods. Maybe the Ravens coach would have been better, but you have to wait until the end of the NFL season, have him get fired, and outbid some other top programs. Promoting a coach from a lesser program in the Mid West or East is a recruiting gamble.

Will be interesting to see whom he hires for offensive coordinator (if any) and what he does about defensive coordinator.

My wife is a Trojan we are C and G. The victory over UCLA reminded me of games in the PC era. Players knowing what to do, playing hard, having fun, and dominating against a good team. Had to miss the Utah game, which might have felt the same. USC has too many key injuries to expect a win over Stanford in NoCal, so timing is good.

SoCal"

Comments

• Options
    PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This coaching staff is ready to rumble.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm surprised there was no mention about Helton being able to handle his booze.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,580
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    USC, Clayton's dream job. He will never leave Troy. Who could ask for more?

Well you could ask for Chip, but he has already owned the PAC.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Flagged for no Ossai
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Flagged for no Ossai

Thanks for the flag, buttfucker, especially since I didn't write the poast on Troojfarm.
  • Options
    KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1

L-O-fucking-L

http://www.scout.com/college/usc/forums/1720-trojan-football/14344573-clay-helton-named-head-coach

SoCalDukeFan:

1. Helton has been a big part of USC’s recruiting success. College sports do not have a draft or a salary cap, so you can just recruit better players which gives you a better chance to win.

3. He did a very good job stepping in after the Sark debacle. The USC team that played Saturday played much better than the team that played against Washington, despite key injuries.

5. Lots of top college jobs are open, Helton probably better than any that they had a shot of getting. For me Chip Kelly is not the guy for USC. Gimmick offense that requires the right players, look at Oregon when their QB was hurt, look at the Eagles this year. Also questions about his recruiting methods. Maybe the Ravens coach would have been better, but you have to wait until the end of the NFL season, have him get fired, and outbid some other top programs. Promoting a coach from a lesser program in the Mid West or East is a recruiting gamble.

Will be interesting to see whom he hires for offensive coordinator (if any) and what he does about defensive coordinator.

My wife is a Trojan we are C and G. The victory over UCLA reminded me of games in the PC era. Players knowing what to do, playing hard, having fun, and dominating against a good team. Had to miss the Utah game, which might have felt the same. USC has too many key injuries to expect a win over Stanford in NoCal, so timing is good.

SoCal"

You have to remember that most of these USC alumni graduated from USC when it was a bad academic school and they let anyone that could breathe in. A lot of them are literally stupid and dumb as rocks. They're not the smarter ones from when USC became a better academic school.
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    So wait, this wasn't actually a husky troll pretending to be a duke fan on a trojan bored?
  • Options
    Founders Club

L-O-fucking-L

SoCalDukeFan:

SoCal"

You have to remember that most of these USC alumni graduated from USC when it was a bad academic school and they let anyone that could breathe in. A lot of them are literally stupid and dumb as rocks. They're not the smarter ones from when USC became a better academic school.
    *academis
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Muttzen said:

So wait, this wasn't actually a husky troll pretending to be a duke fan on a trojan bored?

I don't know who the fuck it is, but it certainly wasn't me.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2015

AZDuck said:

Flagged for no Ossai

Thanks for the flag, buttfucker, especially since I didn't write the poast on Troojfarm.
    Flagged for getting bent out of shape over getting flagged for no Ossai. You know the rules: no Ossai, you get flagged. Enough said on that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Flagged for no Ossai

Flagged for getting bent out of shape over getting flagged for no Ossai. You know the rules: no Ossai, you get flagged. Enough said on that.
    Take up that Ossai thing with the Trooj poaster. Shit, I would have put in an "enough said on that" in reason #1.

Anyway, @AZDuck is a buttfucker.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845
    Has Nansen been fired yet?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Flagged for no Ossai

Take up that Ossai thing with the Trooj poaster. Shit, I would have put in an "enough said on that" in reason #1.

Fuck a few butts, and all of a sudden you're a buttfucker

• Options
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Flagged for no Ossai

Fuck a few butts, and all of a sudden you're a buttfucker

I LOL'ed.

Well done!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Has Nansen been fired yet?

Nansen's status will tell us everything we need to know about Helton.