Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Replacing OLB and Buck, Littleton and Feeney.

2»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

Just like we saw this year, I think the BUCK will be filled by a starter from another position, much like we saw Feeney take over the position after Kikaha left.

I think Victor or Bierria could transition over to the BUCK position next season given how well they excelled at LB this year and with the progress shown by BBK.

The BUCK position requires the most athletic and talented player on the defense since it is required to do everything. And since the BUCK is involved in everything, many of these defensive schemes are designed around it. So like Kawasaki did in his first year and in his second, I can see one of our LBs transitioning over to BUCK rather than handing it over to a freshman or non-starter.

I agree, I see victor putting 10 more pounds of muscle on and being moved to buck this off season
    Why the fuck would you move arguably our best defender from the most important position on defense? Fucking retarded statement. We finally have a legitimate ass kicker at middle backer and people want to move him.
    Have you forgotten Cort Dennison and his PBR gut?
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I don't think Victor moves from the middle. I guess I don't know all the technical responsibilities of the BUCK, but I've always thought of it as an athletic edge rusher. Victor is a badass, but he's much more of an inside backer than a pass rusher. Feeney played OLB before making the switch which seems like a more natural transition. The BUCK fit his skillset better than Victor.

Bierria would be more likely to make the switch imo, but I think we should hope one of the young guys is able to take it and run with it. Ideally Potato II can step in and play there for 4 years. Or it could be someone else completely. EWIWBI. I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2015
    God damn this reminds me of the who the fuck starts at Qb debate. Pete will start the best athletes, and Warren fits the mold. If Mathis isn't Buck where does he play?