Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Replacing OLB and Buck, Littleton and Feeney.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2015 in Hardcore Husky Board
The more I hear about Camilo Eifler and Brandon Wellington (and watch their film), the more confident I am that one of them will challenge for one of these two positions next year.

Both have fantastic closing speed, can play in space, and hit with anger.

Just hope that Justiss Warren, Potoa'e and others don't force Keiatkowski to rely on Wellington and Eifler so early.

Comments

• Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Bartlett should replace Littleton. BBK would be good at olb but I'm fine with him staying at mlb if it happens. Benning P at BUCK is my hope. Mathis is not great out in space. Sterk at 6'4" 240 and can run may happen as well. He's raw still though.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Is Rapp Culture for sure a safety?
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yes on Rapp. Thumper safety, good speed. I would like to see Joyner moved to safety. 10.6 100 and great hitter. He will be great at corner to though.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2015

Bartlett should replace Littleton. BBK would be good at olb but I'm fine with him staying at mlb if it happens. Benning P at BUCK is my hope. Mathis is not great out in space. Sterk at 6'4" 240 and can run may happen as well. He's raw still though.

How is Bartlett's explosiveness and closing speed? I haven't really seen him make a play in space.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

How is Bartlett's explosiveness and closing speed? I haven't really seen him make a play in space.
    He has looked good in space on special teams, such as getting a key block on Pettis' PR for TD against BSU.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Yes on Rapp. Thumper safety, good speed. I would like to see Joyner moved to safety. 10.6 100 and great hitter. He will be great at corner to though.

Is Joyner getting a medical redshirt?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Is Joyner getting a medical redshirt?
    Yes
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    Just like we saw this year, I think the BUCK will be filled by a starter from another position, much like we saw Feeney take over the position after Kikaha left.

I think Victor or Bierria could transition over to the BUCK position next season given how well they excelled at LB this year and with the progress shown by BBK.

The BUCK position requires the most athletic and talented player on the defense since it is required to do everything. And since the BUCK is involved in everything, many of these defensive schemes are designed around it. So like Kawasaki did in his first year and in his second, I can see one of our LBs transitioning over to BUCK rather than handing it over to a freshman or non-starter.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Just like we saw this year, I think the BUCK will be filled by a starter from another position, much like we saw Feeney take over the position after Kikaha left.

I think Victor or Bierria could transition over to the BUCK position next season given how well they excelled at LB this year and with the progress shown by BBK.

The BUCK position requires the most athletic and talented player on the defense since it is required to do everything. And since the BUCK is involved in everything, many of these defensive schemes are designed around it. So like Kawasaki did in his first year and in his second, I can see one of our LBs transitioning over to BUCK rather than handing it over to a freshman or non-starter.

I agree, I see victor putting 10 more pounds of muscle on and being moved to buck this off season
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Joyner could be a curtis williams at safety. Same size, both great high school running backs. I see joyner as a jabril peppers. Either db positions, tailback and return game. He's a great running back. Wellington as a thumper tailback, going both ways would make puppy smile too.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I agree, I see victor putting 10 more pounds of muscle on and being moved to buck this off season
    Why the fuck would you move arguably our best defender from the most important position on defense? Fucking retarded statement. We finally have a legitimate ass kicker at middle backer and people want to move him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

Why the fuck would you move arguably our best defender from the most important position on defense? Fucking retarded statement. We finally have a legitimate ass kicker at middle backer and people want to move him.
    Victor is great in the middle and I don't see him moving to Buck. I don't think it's a crazy idea though. BBK is an ILB and the coaches could want him on the field with Victor and Bierria.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited November 2015

Houhusky said:

You use the BUCK to put the most athletes on the field. Some snot nosed fucktard that has only played a few downs and isnt some bad mother fucker cant play that position. Victor is by far the best fit for that position on UWs roster and still allows for Victor, Bierria, BBK, and one of the younger LBs (Bartlett?) all on the field at the same time....

I would actually be fine with transitioning to a more traditional 4-3 defense given UW's ample depth at DL and limited LB play
    LE: Dissly
    NT: Gaines
    DT: Qualls
    RE: Mathis

WILL: Bartlett
    MIK: Victor
    SAM: Bierria

Everyone here is popping off about moving our best LB into the buck must have forgotten that Feeney was just awarded defensive MVP and had a season that included 53 tackles, 3rd in solo tackles on the team (38), lead the team in TFL (15.5), and lead the team in sacks (7)

If we are going to play the 3-4 Victor is the best Buck
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Justus Warren starting at OLB and , Potoa'e backing up Mathis at BUCK
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People have good arguments to move him, but it comes down to how you want your defense to look. I still believe you build it from the inside out. Plus, i want a guy like Victor leading the huddle, if your leader is intense, everyone else follows not to far behind... I think there would be a big difference with bbk calling the play. Or not either way it would be interesting...... Victor is a badass that we can all agree on